View Poll Results: Is there a War on Women?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    34 23.29%
  • No

    80 54.79%
  • Yes and No

    15 10.27%
  • Something else

    17 11.64%
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 529

Thread: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

  1. #491
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Still waiting for some proof that women are ruthlessly and brutally oppressed victims, of savage evil men.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    With the result that the disparity is not the inequality it's portrayed as. If you worked longer hours, and took less holiday and sickness leave, you'd expect to earn more, right? Is that discriminatory? Of course not.
    Again, you think that is the issue being argued, it is not. The argument is the GOP/conservative actions to block and repeal efforts of equal pay/equal work legislation.



    If gender inequality is of such doubtless magnitude, you'll forgive me if I ask you to prove that rape affects the majority, since the rape card is what you've decided to play, in order to project an image of such horrendous privation. And I guess you believe that when men or children are raped, it's not so unpleasant an experience. Ya know, since it's less frequent.
    What a bunch of crap. You brought the rape issue in to this debate between us, I did not, you refuse to accept the levels that exist and try to make some weird argument that if the majority of women are not raped then it is not an issue. You seem to think that this "point" of yours is proof that things just are not so bad for women since "the majority" are not being raped in their lifetimes.

    Now just for you, I looked this up:

    One out of every six American women have been the victims of an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape). A total of 17.7 million women have been victims of these crimes. (Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women Survey, National Institute of Justice and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1998)

    In 2002, seven out of every eight rape victims were female. (2002 NCVS)

    75% of female rape victims require medical care after the attack (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1994)



    Cheers. I'm an interesting guy.
    OK, I did not mean it in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #493
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Still waiting for some proof that women are ruthlessly and brutally oppressed victims, of savage evil men.
    That is a false argument, a straw man, a red herring. That is your debate, not the debate at hand. It is a false premise, a lie. It shows what kind of a person you are, one who cannot debate in an honest manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #494
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Alright.


    We've discussed equal pay already. I've explained just why the statistics look so one-sided.

    And of course I don't agree with any restrictions on access to abortion. Aside from the fact that I believe a woman's body is her own business, do you think I'd like for women and their feminist handlers to have one more club to wield?
    Once again, you show where you are coming from in this discussion, I don't have to add much, but to say that you believe there is a war on you by "women and their feminist handlers".
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-27-12 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #495
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by NoC_T View Post
    Trust me, dude. For feminists, it is is precisely this simple. It only becomes somehow 'more complex' when men debate it. As far as feminists are concerned, women are victims. That's it. For them, there is nothing simpler.

    What disadvantages do you identify for women?
    i have already listed a few. many of them are cultural and not quantifiable, at least not to me.

  6. #496
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, you think that is the issue being argued, it is not. The argument is the GOP/conservative actions to block and repeal efforts of equal pay/equal work legislation.
    No, that's your issue. Not mine. Look to the thread title in order to regain your bearings.

    What a bunch of crap. You brought the rape issue in to this debate between us, I did not,
    Er, no:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The US has the highest level of rape of the major industrial states, most case go unreported.
    you refuse to accept the levels that exist
    No I don't.

    and try to make some weird argument that if the majority of women are not raped then it is not an issue. You seem to think that this "point" of yours is proof that things just are not so bad for women since "the majority" are not being raped in their lifetimes.
    It's not a 'weird' argument. It's just an argument. And I've explained why I believe this.

    Now just for you, I looked this up:

    One out of every six American women have been the victims of an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape). A total of 17.7 million women have been victims of these crimes. (Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women Survey, National Institute of Justice and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1998)

    In 2002, seven out of every eight rape victims were female. (2002 NCVS)

    75% of female rape victims require medical care after the attack (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1994)
    Cheers. What's the point?

    OK, I did not mean it in a good way.
    I know.

  7. #497
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That is a false argument, a straw man, a red herring. That is your debate, not the debate at hand. It is a false premise, a lie. It shows what kind of a person you are, one who cannot debate in an honest manner.
    It's central to the point.

    As suggested, kindly refer to the thread title.

    And don't get angry. You sound like a liberal.

  8. #498
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Once again, you show where you are coming from in this discussion, I don't have to add much, but to say that you believe there is a war on you by "women and their feminist handlers".
    Cool. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I know who's pulling your strings, and it ain't me.

  9. #499
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    i have already listed a few. many of them are cultural and not quantifiable, at least not to me.
    Thus far, I've noticed arguments that involve wage 'disparity', the rape card and abortion.

    The wages stats are skewed, rape is moot and abortion is legal.

    Not quite the living hell the feminists would have me believe.

  10. #500
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Btw, where are the feminists on this forum?

    Going on 4hrs, and not one comment? I've noticed that these debates are usually left to the men to hash out. Divide and conquer perchance?
    Last edited by NoC_T; 04-27-12 at 12:39 PM.

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •