View Poll Results: Is there a War on Women?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    34 23.29%
  • No

    80 54.79%
  • Yes and No

    15 10.27%
  • Something else

    17 11.64%
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 529

Thread: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

  1. #371
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think that this thread and many of the posters seem to be completely dismissing women and some barriers and personal struggles women currently face. Have I felt personally offended because I have experienced sexism? Yes, I have. Sexism isn't dead. If any woman here can say she hasn't experienced it, either in some extreme, physically violent form or some lesser form of derogatory or insult, then you're a lucky one.

    I have seen too many men not respect women.

    The blindness and dismissive tone in this thread is most aggravating thing to see.
    Now, now, don't be silly, nobody's being dismissive. Don't you worry your pretty little head about that.

  2. #372
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think that this thread and many of the posters seem to be completely dismissing women and some barriers and personal struggles women currently face. Have I felt personally offended because I have experienced sexism? Yes, I have. Sexism isn't dead. If any woman here can say she hasn't experienced it, either in some extreme, physically violent form or some lesser form of derogatory or insult, then you're a lucky one.

    I have seen too many men not respect women.

    The blindness and dismissive tone in this thread is most aggravating thing to see.
    Absolutely true - it's more prevalent then people think.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    "War on Women" seems to be the popular buzz phrase lately. Do you believe there is a war against women in this country right now?
    No ... actually within the school and legal system there seems to be more of a war on male gender imho. Of course, there are individual situations that differ.

    Men and women each face unique issues because of gender yet right now the system if tilted towards women.

    I just cannot get over how women trash themselves so much by emulating idiots in the media after gaining equal rights etc.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    There is a war against white men and in allowing illegal aliens more rights than US Citizens... but not a war against women.
    white men

    as if you fight against native americans
    Last edited by Medusa; 04-03-12 at 06:55 AM.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #375
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think that this thread and many of the posters seem to be completely dismissing women and some barriers and personal struggles women currently face.
    And what barriers would that be? Women make the same money have the same jobs outside of combat arms in the military. You can go to the same schools for the same money etc. So what are these barriers??? A few sexist men out there? Because it certainly is not the law. How about those personal struggles? How are the struggles of anyone any worse than anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Have I felt personally offended because I have experienced sexism? Yes, I have. Sexism isn't dead. If any woman here can say she hasn't experienced it, either in some extreme, physically violent form or some lesser form of derogatory or insult, then you're a lucky one.
    I have felt racism, and racism is not dead. I don't think anyone in this thread said anything even close to sexism is no longer around. That is a gross exaggeration at beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I have seen too many men not respect women.

    The blindness and dismissive tone in this thread is most aggravating thing to see.
    And I have seen many women who disrespect men as well, so what? It does not mean a hill of bean's because anecdotal evidence does not mean ****. It is to subjective to be proof of anything.

    So again who is being dismissive?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-03-12 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    white men

    as if you fight against native americans
    No, we fight against something much worse.... the weight of a society that no longer values those who CAN and SHOULD produce the means for survival over those who cannot, will not, or should not produce those means.

  7. #377
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No, we fight against something much worse.... the weight of a society that no longer values those who CAN and SHOULD produce the means for survival over those who cannot, will not, or should not produce those means.
    Tigger - when it comes to those who produce the means of survival you sure as hell aren't on the list of people I'd go to for that. LOL - a lot of guys aren't, in fact . . . this macho 'men should' junk you spit out is silly considering you admittedly fail at everything that you claim men should be doing.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #378
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,511

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And what barriers would that be? Women make the same money have the same jobs outside of combat arms in the military. You can go to the same schools for the same money etc. So what are these barriers??? A few sexist men out there? Because it certainly is not the law. How about those personal struggles? How are the struggles of anyone any worse than anyone else?
    There are many industries which women don't participate in equally as men. My sister was a cage fighter and worked in many male dominated areas such as automotive and now law. There are barriers and sexist treatment on many levels for women like her, women working in the traditional boy's clubs. Women are not equally involved in government. Look at the way Palin and Hillary were treated in 2008. If anything, that right there should tell you that women are treated differently, expected to act different from the men, and face a unique set a barriers to this day. Saying anything different is extremely naive, but obviously you're a man... and stereotypically speaking in the manner of a female sexist, men don't understand these things and are incapable of it, simply because of their gender.


    I have felt racism, and racism is not dead. I don't think anyone in this thread said anything even close to sexism is no longer around. That is a gross exaggeration at beat.
    It's not a gross exaggeration given your above statement. Just because women have equal rights, it doesn't mean we are all on equal footing. Just because I can be the president, doesn't mean I will be treated like every other, former male president and my role as a woman and a parent, and my parental and reproductive decisions, will not be judged. Women are making progress still, and I am not denying much of battle has been already fought for women's equality. But to sit here and tell me there are no barriers or sexist institutions left, is far from true.

    I am sure if I asked you, as a man, to list the sexist barriers and the sexist institutions you deal with, it would a lot easier for you to do that... because you're a man.

    And I have seen many women who disrespect men as well, so what? It does not mean a hill of bean's because anecdotal evidence does not mean ****. It is to subjective to be proof of anything.

    So again who is being dismissive?
    Disrespecting women does mean a hill of beans. Women shouldn't be ****ing disrespected, beaten, or have to deal with rape and sexual abuse, or any abuse. I am not saying men don't deal with that stuff, but this thread isn't about men, so don't try to turn into a thread about men.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 04-04-12 at 02:28 AM.

  9. #379
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    This whole war on women thing is retarded. If it were men vs women it would be like Aliens vs Predator. Which ever one of them wins WE LOSE. However, I do believe chivalry should be expected of men, along with some basic respect. If you take those two out, you have fat, old, pill-popping men talking **** about a random woman and then you get this topic.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #380
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Is there a "War on Women" in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    There are many industries which women don't participate in equally as men.
    Oh you mean like black swimmers and hockey players? Give me a break, most of those are self imposed, they are just not that interested in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    My sister was a cage fighter and worked in many male dominated areas such as automotive and now law. There are barriers and sexist treatment on many levels for women like her, women working in the traditional boy's clubs. Women are not equally involved in government. Look at the way Palin and Hillary were treated in 2008. If anything, that right there should tell you that women are treated differently, expected to act different from the men, and face a unique set a barriers to this day.
    This is not a barrier of "law" it is a barrier of a few sexist men. That would be like me blaming all white people for the racism I have seen when it had nothing to do with law and more to do with their own personal faults.

    How were Hillary and Palin treated any different from Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Saying anything different is extremely naive, but obviously you're a man... and stereotypically speaking in the manner of a female sexist, men don't understand these things and are incapable of it, simply because of their gender.

    As I mentioned that
    Yea so I guess no white person can understand racism either.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    It's not a gross exaggeration given your above statement. Just because women have equal rights, it doesn't mean we are all on equal footing. Just because I can be the president, doesn't mean I will be treated like every other, former male president and my role as a woman and a parent, and my parental and reproductive decisions, will not be judged. Women are making progress still, and I am not denying much of battle has been already fought for women's equality. But to sit here and tell me there are no barriers or sexist institutions left, is far from true.
    Plenty of men are not on equal footing. That is a fantasy, it will never happen. Not because of racism or sexism but because certain jobs or life choices etc will always be taken by some people.

    Ahhhh and there it is listed in red. Abortion rights and you see it as an attack on women. This has nothing to do with this at all. It is not a barrier at all anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I am sure if I asked you, as a man, to list the sexist barriers and the sexist institutions you deal with, it would a lot easier for you to do that... because you're a man.
    I don't know of any for men and only 1 for women because according to the evidence, are not built to do it anyway. That would be a ground combat unit in the military.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Disrespecting women does mean a hill of beans. Women shouldn't be ****ing disrespected, beaten, or have to deal with rape and sexual abuse, or any abuse.
    Being disrespectful and breaking the law are two different things. I will wave my magical wand and make everyone stop committing crimes because women should not have to deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I am not saying men don't deal with that stuff, but this thread isn't about men, so don't try to turn into a thread about men.
    That is the best you could come up with? Jeeesh why did I even bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •