View Poll Results: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Free expression of religion must always be respected.

    8 18.60%
  • Yes, but only if its not harrassing, stalking, or legislation.

    6 13.95%
  • No. Keep your religiously-based hatred to yourself.

    19 44.19%
  • No. We should seek to end this completely.

    10 23.26%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 158

Thread: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

  1. #141
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you are 100% wrong.

    my first two links, discuss religious writings NOT found in the Bible, among Biblical ones.
    Where does the story of Ham come from? The whole basis of your argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Where does the story of Ham come from? The whole basis of your argument?
    you're moving the goalposts, friend.

    that's not very honest of you.

  3. #143
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you're moving the goalposts, friend.

    that's not very honest of you.
    What? I have said this from the beginning....

    "You mean meaningless one sided drivel, lol. I mean even your Bible quotes in the OP are not accurate which is why the article said "citation needed." We have no idea what the mark was as the Bible says nothing about Canaan being turned black or an entire race of people being turned black. It was only a curse on Hams one son and we have no idea what the mark was. It was an excuse to condone slavery by the Western slave powers.

    Emotional anti-religion bigotry and bating thread is all I see here.
    " - Blackdog

    No posts to move.

    Really? do you want to continue this stupidity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    ...Really? do you want to continue this stupidity?
    first you accuse me of only using the Bible as evidence.

    then, when faced with your error, you instead talk about Ham & Cain being originally Biblical stories.

    friend, we can play this game all year, but the fact is that racism can indeed be related to religious teachings, stemming from the Biblical curse of Ham & Cain.

  5. #145
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    first you accuse me of only using the Bible as evidence.

    then, when faced with your error, you instead talk about Ham & Cain being originally Biblical stories.

    friend, we can play this game all year, but the fact is that racism can indeed be related to religious teachings, stemming from the Biblical curse of Ham & Cain.
    The only game we are playing here is you can't read or are willfully playing stupid. Either way you are wrong, and I guess you don't want to admit this was nothing more than an ill conceived bate thread with no real purpose than to discredit religion in general. I mean I have pointed it out and shown why with facts. You choose to ignore them and that's on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The only game we are playing here is you can't read or are willfully playing stupid. Either way you are wrong, and I guess you don't want to admit this was nothing more than an ill conceived bate thread with no real purpose than to discredit religion in general. I mean I have pointed it out and shown why with facts. You choose to ignore them and that's on you.
    No, you are wrong.

    My links quote non-Biblical understandings of the Cain & Ham curses.

    deny it all you like.

    did you even go to my links? I doubt it.

  7. #147
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    No, you are wrong.

    My links quote non-Biblical understandings of the Cain & Ham curses. <------ That pretty much sums up this thread. Thank you.

    deny it all you like.

    did you even go to my links? I doubt it.
    I never went to your link. I used ESP so I would know it said "citation needed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,083

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Thunder...some people are intellectually, mentally ****ed up...what can I say?
    And that's the rub...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I never went to your link. I used ESP so I would know it said "citation needed."
    well then, let me know when you take this debate seriously.

    until then, adios.

    ...oh, and btw, its pretty ****ing juvenile of you to edit someone's post without admitting to it.
    Last edited by Thunder; 03-19-12 at 06:17 PM.

  10. #150
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should we tolerate racist views that are based on religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    well then, let me know when you take this debate seriously.
    What is there to take seriously? It turns out that this is just another one of your thunderous Christian-bashing threads, that serves no purpose other than as an expression of your obsession with pointing out the motes in other people's eyes while denying the beam in your own.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •