View Poll Results: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as quickly as possible

    43 87.76%
  • No, we should stay and continue the mission.

    6 12.24%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 144

Thread: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

  1. #41
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    We already did, back when we directly supported them in the fight against Russia. Funny how all of the regimes we're fighting today were people we used to throw money and equipment at.
    Your history of Afghanistan is lacking. We mostly equipped the mujahideen against the Soviets. There were also Arab fighters involved including bin Laden. I think at most we supplied them with Stinger missiles and other such arms. Certainly no tanks. The Taliban (orphans of the war that studied in madrassas in Pakistan) wasn't created until after the war when there was lawlessness mostly from fractured former mujahideen in a power vacuum.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,240

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    if you has asked me 2 weeks ago I might of suggested staying until the job was done but now I just want us to get everyone home, I say we stay with the schedule and if anyone gets in the way we let our guys do what they do best!
    Last edited by Higgins86; 03-15-12 at 08:23 PM.

  3. #43
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,342

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    refused to vote in the poll because it offered run like cowards or blindly stay despite the costs as options.

    i dont see the yes we should leave but in a safe manner that doesnt cause us to lose accountibility of hundreds of billions of dollars of equipment,which to do it the right way takes time.

    we should have learned after vietnam and iraq,we can stay there a million years and they will still kill eachother,and the only true way we could stop the fighting there would be to nuke everyone so no one could kill,ethnically cleanse,or suicide bomb for political,religious,or ethnic reasons.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #44
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    refused to vote in the poll because it offered run like cowards or blindly stay despite the costs as options.

    i dont see the yes we should leave but in a safe manner that doesnt cause us to lose accountibility of hundreds of billions of dollars of equipment,which to do it the right way takes time.

    we should have learned after vietnam and iraq,we can stay there a million years and they will still kill eachother,and the only true way we could stop the fighting there would be to nuke everyone so no one could kill,ethnically cleanse,or suicide bomb for political,religious,or ethnic reasons.
    I agree...I did not like the questions so I did not vote.
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 03-15-12 at 08:24 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #45
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We didn't up and abandon anything in Iraq. When we left, and the last unit left Iraq just this month, we took everything we wanted with us. Afghanistan, however, has no sea ports and we can't use Pakistan's anymore. If we "cut-n-run" by just putting people on aircraft and flying away, we would leaving behind billions in our latest technology, just parked in the motor pool waiting.
    Destroy it, burn our equipment. We have done it before. Its time to quit, thats what quitters do. We need to get the hell out now. Time to quit because we never fought the war to win to begin with. Our men died in vain because politicians do not know how to win wars. Winning over the hearts and minds dosn't work, this war proves that. Total destruction, complete Annihilation demoralizes the enemy and wins wars. The few that remain alive will no longer have the will to fight. Thats how you win wars. It would have taken months instead of years. We have no business fighting wars because we do not have the guts to do what it takes to win. My grandfathers generation knew how to win. We havn't won a war since then. Vietnam Afghanistan different countries same result.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 03-15-12 at 08:41 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #46
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Destroy it, burn our equipment. We have done it before. Its time to quit, thats what quitters do. We need to get the hell out now. Time to quit because we never fought the war to win to begin with. This is another Vietnam. Our men died in vain because politicians do not know how to win wars. Winning over the hearts and minds dosn't work, this war proves that. Total destruction, complete Annihilation demoralizes the enemy and wins wars. The few that remain alive will no longer have the will to fight. Thats how you win wars. It would have taken months instead of years. We have no business fighting wars because we do not have the guts to do what it takes to win. My grandfathers generation knew how to win. We havn't won a war since then.
    But we have destroyed the enemy in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda and to a lesser degree, the Taliban was the enemy. Al Qaeda is gone and the Taliban has crawled back under the Medieval from which the came. There is nothing left for us to "win" over there. Time to get out.

  7. #47
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,342

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Destroy it, burn our equipment. We have done it before. Its time to quit, thats what quitters do. We need to get the hell out now. Time to quit because we never fought the war to win to begin with. Our men died in vain because politicians do not know how to win wars. Winning over the hearts and minds dosn't work, this war proves that. Total destruction, complete Annihilation demoralizes the enemy and wins wars. The few that remain alive will no longer have the will to fight. Thats how you win wars. It would have taken months instead of years. We have no business fighting wars because we do not have the guts to do what it takes to win. My grandfathers generation knew how to win. We havn't won a war since then. Vietnam Afghanistan different countries same result.
    so you advocate burning hundreds of billions of dollars of equipment?sounds kinda stupid the gear we use in iraq and afghanistan is so freakin retarded expensive,i dounbt anyone can advocate throwing it out with the deficit the way it is,oh and wed have to pay even more money to replace it when the war is over.

    explain how throwing away what takes some units decades to aquire is in anyway fonancially sound.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  8. #48
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    But we have destroyed the enemy in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda and to a lesser degree, the Taliban was the enemy. Al Qaeda is gone and the Taliban has crawled back under the Medieval from which the came. There is nothing left for us to "win" over there. Time to get out.
    Sorry sir but you are wrong. the Taliban will be back in charge as soon as we leave. They will close all of the girls schools and open the terrorist training camps, guaranteed. bin Ladens number two Ayman al Zawahiri is still alive and still in charge of al Qaeda.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #49
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    After the most recent events in Afghanistan, is it time to cut our losses and bring the troops home?
    Is it 10 years ago? Then yes.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #50
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Sorry sir but you are wrong. the Taliban will be back in charge as soon as we leave. They will close all of the girls schools and open the terrorist training camps, guaranteed.
    That is true if we leave now or ten years from now.
    bin Ladens number two Ayman al Zawahiri is still alive and still in charge of al Qaeda.
    Where is he? Is that why we have 100,000 US troops in Afghanistan, to hunt for Zawahiri?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •