View Poll Results: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as quickly as possible

    43 87.76%
  • No, we should stay and continue the mission.

    6 12.24%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 144

Thread: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

  1. #131
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    my job, is none of your ****ing business, and has nothing to do with this damn thread.

    how I spend my time, is also none of your God-damned business. Its very sad that you have to make personal attacks rather than discuss the thread. I'm embarrased for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    oh, the irony.





    ....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post



    ....
    thought so......

  3. #133
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888
    I think many soldiers are burnt out. It doesn't mean that we don't see merit in the wars we've fought but at least for myself 5 combat deployments is a lot of missed anniversaries, birthdays, Christmases and etc.

    We've done good things in Afghanistan and Iraq and I have had local nationals thank me and say they were glad we were there. ( you won't see this on the news because it doesn't support their agenda)

    I can't speak for all soldiers but for myself I don't enjoy fighting, there is nothing fun about shooting someone or watching your buddies get blown apart by an IED.

    I do it because it's my chosen profession and so others who are less suited for this line of work don't have to.

    Most of us want these wars to be over but we want to do it right, leave it in the best shape we can, not pull out and leave it in chaos and having the soldiers that sacrificed have done so for nothing.

  4. #134
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    I think many soldiers are burnt out. It doesn't mean that we don't see merit in the wars we've fought but at least for myself 5 combat deployments is a lot of missed anniversaries, birthdays, Christmases and etc.

    We've done good things in Afghanistan and Iraq and I have had local nationals thank me and say they were glad we were there. ( you won't see this on the news because it doesn't support their agenda)

    I can't speak for all soldiers but for myself I don't enjoy fighting, there is nothing fun about shooting someone or watching your buddies get blown apart by an IED.

    I do it because it's my chosen profession and so others who are less suited for this line of work don't have to.

    Most of us want these wars to be over but we want to do it right, leave it in the best shape we can, not pull out and leave it in chaos and having the soldiers that sacrificed have done so for nothing.


    This is why I don't put much stock in the PEW poll or cawtaba's cheerleading... We are indeed war weary, and in a war(s) like this, with withdrawal on the horizon, many vets and troops may just feel that (if we don't finish) it wouldn't be worth it.

    I'd love to see the sample questions of this poll so that we may get the context, and direction they were headed with it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #135
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Wow, nice hysterics, if you were an honest sort, you would of thought twice before posting this drivel, as I've mentioned on more than one occassion of knowing veterans who feel the war wasn't worth it..

    What an asinine emotional outburst of a post.
    I see you are back to insults in lieu of backing up your claims. I don't why I expect you ever to back up your claims.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #136
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Its most likely time to go when the vast majority of people dont want you there and the puppet gov you have in place doesnt even want you there...
    And when half the troops don't feel the war is worth it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #137
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Cry much? Just because we don't find absolute merit in a single poll does not mean we want to stifle veterans free speach. Again, you don't speak for veterans like us.
    The majority of troops say it wasn't worth it, and I support them in their assessment, whether you do or not.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #138
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,388

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And when half the troops don't feel the war is worth it.
    again that poll isnt accurate,soldiers in afghanistan cant participate in the poll,and soldiers almost never saw afghanistan deployments until a little over 3 years ago,those deployed now are on constant cycle,so asking only half afghan vets and a crapload of iraq vets what they feel on afghan deployments is bs
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #139
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    "In a new Pew Research Center report on war and sacrifice, half of post-9/11 veterans said the Afghanistan war has been worth fighting. Only 44% felt that way about Iraq, and one-third said both wars were worth the costs."

    "Pew surveyed 1,853 veterans, including 712 who served in the military after the 9/11 attacks."

    "More than half of post-9/11 veterans also felt that too much reliance on military force to combat terrorism leads to more terrorism"

    Survey: Veterans say Afghanistan, Iraq wars not worth it - CNN.com
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #140
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,388

    Re: Is it time to cut and run from Afghanistan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "In a new Pew Research Center report on war and sacrifice, half of post-9/11 veterans said the Afghanistan war has been worth fighting. Only 44% felt that way about Iraq, and one-third said both wars were worth the costs."

    "Pew surveyed 1,853 veterans, including 712 who served in the military after the 9/11 attacks."

    "More than half of post-9/11 veterans also felt that too much reliance on military force to combat terrorism leads to more terrorism"

    Survey: Veterans say Afghanistan, Iraq wars not worth it - CNN.com
    still doesnt cover the number of afghan veterans.if iraq until 3 and a half years ago covered 3/4's of all deployments,wouldnt 3/4's of all post 9/11 vets be iraq and not afghan vets????????
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •