View Poll Results: Are Homosexuals oppressed in America?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, homosexuals are oppressed in America.

    53 29.61%
  • No, homosexuals are not oppressed in America

    125 69.83%
  • I don't know

    1 0.56%
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 376

Thread: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

  1. #181
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    @ Redress and katiegrl0


    Let me know when we get to the portion of the thread where you start arguing the definition of "is" will ya? Thx.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    As much sense as having majority rule for everything else... except this... just as nonsensical.
    As has been said, the majority does not rule on everything else, so you're still not making any sense.

  3. #183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Other than SSM they are not oppressed...
    And bans on gay adoption and housing discrimination and workplace discrimination ...

  4. #184
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    You are wrong that is not majority rule three people have stated the same as I have. You are playing with words. You're back to the school yard games you were playing earlier and derailing the thread as you do so.
    MAJORITY RULE
    n.
    A doctrine by which a numerical majority of an organized group holds the power to make decisions binding on all in the group.


    Read more: majority rule: Definition from Answers.com


    Now please dispense with YOUR word games. It helps if you actually know what the definition of the words you are using mean.


    Want to try again? I'm having FUN!
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I never said majority of "people"... nor did you. Fact is, majority rule of electoral college votes elects the President and Vice President.
    Omg, you are failing with words and backtracking as far as you can go. This is embarrassing.

  6. #186
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    As has been said, the majority does not rule on everything else, so you're still not making any sense.
    You're a few posts behind... have to catch up!

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060284913

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060284951

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060285018

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1060285030
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #187
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Omg, you are failing with words and backtracking as far as you can go. This is embarrassing.
    I'm embarrassed for you.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    I'm not behind on anything. This conversation started with my post and in my post, I was talking about the majority of American citizens voting on the rights of a minority. It shouldn't happen and the majority does not rule on "everything else" no matter how you swing it. That's all you need to know. Your word games and backtracking are irrelevant to the discussion.

  9. #189
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm not behind on anything. This conversation started with my post and in my post, I was talking about the majority of American citizens voting on the rights of a minority. That's all you need to know. Your word games and backtracking are irrelevant to the discussion.
    So maybe you can answer where Redress failed...


    And this is different because ... ????
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So maybe you can answer where Redress failed...


    And this is different because ... ????
    Can you write in complete coherent sentences?

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •