View Poll Results: Are Homosexuals oppressed in America?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, homosexuals are oppressed in America.

    53 29.61%
  • No, homosexuals are not oppressed in America

    125 69.83%
  • I don't know

    1 0.56%
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 376

Thread: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

  1. #171
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Other than SSM they are not oppressed... I knew a ton of gay people that were rich, went where they wanted, said what they wanted, etc. They just couldn't get married and were treated poorly some but many thought probably less than people who were black simply because you can't see gay.
    I agree. The level of oppression today isnt nearly as bad as what black people went through or what gay people used to go through. But to a small extent it is there.

  2. #172
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    The US does not have majority rule in the election for president.
    Hmm... The President and Vice President are elected by a majority vote of the electoral college.

    Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A candidate must receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270) to win the Presidency.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #173
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What's not complicated is answering the question:

    This is different because.... ????
    Read the ****ing post!

    It's in there. Hint: look for where I discuss what type issue it is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #174
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Hmm... The President and Vice President are elected by a majority vote of the electoral college.

    Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Which is in point of fact not majority rule. The majority of people can vote for a person and they still lose. It has in fact happened.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is in point of fact not majority rule. The majority of people can vote for a person and they still lose. It has in fact happened.
    I was just going to go there. Thanks...

    ...and going even further. The Electoral Voter doesn't even need to cast their vote for the person that there section wished to vote for.

    And that has happened too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #176
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Hmm... The President and Vice President are elected by a majority vote of the electoral college.

    Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That is not a majority of the people and is not considered majority rule. It is possible that the president elected may have less than a majority of the peoples votes. That is not majority. You're playing with words and it's not working.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #177
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    s in there. Hint: look for where I discuss what type issue it is.
    I find it funny you cannot answer the question.

    Restate it for me or cut & paste if you must. Just so there's no miscommunication.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #178
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which is in point of fact not majority rule. The majority of people can vote for a person and they still lose. It has in fact happened.
    The quote quite specifically says the "majority vote of the electoral college" which is majority rule. Could it be you don't know what the definition of "majority" is?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #179
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    That is not a majority of the people and is not considered majority rule. It is possible that the president elected may have less than a majority of the peoples votes. That is not majority. You're playing with words and it's not working.

    I never said majority of "people"... nor did you. Fact is, majority rule of electoral college votes elects the President and Vice President.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #180
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Are Homosexuals Oppressed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The quote quite specifically says the "majority vote of the electoral college" which is majority rule. Could it be you don't know what the definition of "majority" is?
    You are wrong that is not majority rule three people have stated the same as I have. You are playing with words. You're back to the school yard games you were playing earlier and derailing the thread as you do so.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •