View Poll Results: Is it racist to be bigoted rude/insulting against Hispanics?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, because being Hispanic is a culture, not a race. [It's still bigoted behavior]

    12 40.00%
  • Yes, because being Hispanic is a race.

    12 40.00%
  • Other

    6 20.00%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 154

Thread: Racism against Hispanics?

  1. #61
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    11-11-12 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    158

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's one of the few things that would have possibly been more inappropriate.

    White people are so persecuted. I can't understand how we made it so far.
    Not sure if your going with sarcasm here or not?

  2. #62
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    11-11-12 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    158

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    I'd rather not assume and make an ass out of myself.

  3. #63
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Just to clarify, were they chanting "I Hate Spics" or were they chanting "USA"?
    Again, as I did in the other thread. A primer, about how the same phrase can mean two different things:

    At Disney on Ice, a father says to his daughter "Look at the fairies."

    At the Gay Pride parade, someone shouts out "Look at the fairies."

    Same phrase, two different meanings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #64
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I feel a profound sense of loss for you. I can't believe you are actually trying to pretend you don't see the situation. Toeing that party line must be pretty heavy on the arms, X.
    Why don't you tell me? You're going to give me **** about toeing the party line when you've said you don't even want to hang out with Republicans? LOL What Democrat party line have you not toed, ever? I tell you, at the very least, I don't take to bashing all liberals the way you do and have all conservatives.
    Last edited by X Factor; 03-07-12 at 10:34 PM.

  5. #65
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Right -- just like the wing-nut commentators who insist on referring to the President as Barack Hussein Obama are just using his full name.

    When's the last time you saw a group of teenage sport boosters break into a chant like that when it was one primarily white American team defeating another primarily white American team?
    I don't agree with indulging the notion that "USA" is synonymous with white supremacy or something.

  6. #66
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Why don't you tell me? You're going to give me **** about toeing the party line when you've said you don't even want to hang out with Republicans? LOL What Democrat party line have you not toed, ever? I tell you, at the very least, I don't take to bashing all liberals the way you do and have all conservatives.
    I'm against Obama for keeping Guantanamo open, for continuing the Patriot Act (and this other new act that allows for detention of citizens). I hate extraordinary rendition. I think ObamaCare was a pussy-out move and he should have gone for a full UHC system. Uhh, let's see, a small part of me wants to know if Bush should receive any credit for the Arab Spring (though I still think he was a dick for the way he took us to war with Iraq). I am definitely a liberal, I don't deny that.

    Conservatives just seem so phony to me lately. Simple things like this, that couldn't be more obvious, somehow fly over their head. It's crazy to me. The school didn't apologize for no reason. It was inappropriate. What is so difficult about that?

    *Edit:

    Again, do you really think they would have chanted USA if it was an all white team vs an all white team?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #67
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't agree with indulging the notion that "USA" is synonymous with white supremacy or something.
    I don't think the chant in and of itself is, but I think that it was invoked maliciously at that game, in much the same way as the President's middle name is by some.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #68
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm against Obama for keeping Guantanamo open, for continuing the Patriot Act (and this other new act that allows for detention of citizens). I hate extraordinary rendition. I think ObamaCare was a pussy-out move and he should have gone for a full UHC system. Uhh, let's see, a small part of me wants to know if Bush should receive any credit for the Arab Spring (though I still think he was a dick for the way he took us to war with Iraq). I am definitely a liberal, I don't deny that.

    Conservatives just seem so phony to me lately. Simple things like this, that couldn't be more obvious, somehow fly over their head. It's crazy to me. The school didn't apologize for no reason. It was inappropriate. What is so difficult about that?

    *Edit:

    Again, do you really think they would have chanted USA if it was an all white team vs an all white team?
    Ok, well, believe about me what you will. I have a different opinion about this, but I guess you think only yours is genuine. I see no more point in continuing this with you.

  9. #69
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I don't think the chant in and of itself is, but I think that it was invoked maliciously at that game, in much the same way as the President's middle name is by some.
    And I just don't agree with acting as if a chant of "USA" is on par with chanting "Long live, Hitler" or something.
    Last edited by X Factor; 03-07-12 at 11:26 PM.

  10. #70
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    11-11-12 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    158

    Re: Racism against Hispanics?

    I am seriously interested if people think we would be having this debate if the tables were turned and they were chanting Mexico rather than USA. I don't think we would.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •