View Poll Results: Do Men Have the Right to Control Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 7.69%
  • No

    42 80.77%
  • Under Certain Circumstances(s) - Briefly list what circumstance(s))

    5 9.62%
  • Does a male dominated government?

    2 3.85%
  • Does a male dominate Religion?

    1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 410

Thread: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

  1. #241
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Your elected representatives have a say...YOU don't.
    Voters elect representatives.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  2. #242
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,142

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Some are, some aren't. You're kind of hedging.
    Not really. In a state of nature, keeping life expectancy short is crucial to keeping the planet inhabitable and helping to sustain cycles that allow everything else to live.

    Yes, we do, and civilization doesn't change biological function. A growing ZEF is what's supposed to happen in the uterus. It's why it's there.

    Any other "considerations" aren't scientific, but preferential.
    And parasites are supposed to kill you. Are you going to let them?

    Biological function is not more "correct" than preference. It's just the default. The default is not inherently better or worse than anything else. There's no reason why just because it's the "default" means it's "good." The two have nothing to do with each other.

    By the way, birth is also something that kept life expectancy short. It was (and in many places still is) the leading killer of women.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 03-04-12 at 07:36 PM.

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Your elected representatives have a say...YOU don't.
    sure we do...

    besides an indirect say through voting, we also have the right to petition guaranteed us by the US Constitution.


    and you say i'm disconnected from our government system?..sheesh

  4. #244
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,482

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That doesn't flow with the purpose of insurance.
    Medications needed to immediately treat a loss, would make sense, but medications related to maintenance represents a definite loss to the insurance formula.
    It doesn't make any sense from the insurers standpoint to pay for that.
    So...if you have diabetes...too bad for you, huh? If health insurance worked as you opine...most people would be in financial ruin.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    But most people of a certain age want insurance to pay for child birth. They do pay for that. So why not pay for abortions as well?
    Well, I disagree with it, because that's not the purpose of insurance.
    I mean, it sounds nice of paper, but in reality, it's part of the reason that insurance premiums are so high in the first place.

    Should we force life insurance companies, to write policies, for people with terminal illnesses?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #246
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That doesn't flow with the purpose of insurance.
    Medications needed to immediately treat a loss, would make sense, but medications related to maintenance represents a definite loss to the insurance formula.
    It doesn't make any sense from the insurers standpoint to pay for that.
    Well, I'm glad that my prescription insurance company doesn't agree with you.

  7. #247
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That doesn't flow with the purpose of insurance.
    Medications needed to immediately treat a loss, would make sense, but medications related to maintenance represents a definite loss to the insurance formula.
    It doesn't make any sense from the insurers standpoint to pay for that.
    Different insurances work differently. Some are against costs incurred like health care.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #248
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    So...if you have diabetes...too bad for you, huh? If health insurance worked as you opine...most people would be in financial ruin.
    You're coming from a reality that doesn't exist.
    Changes like that to the insurance market, changes the effects of pricing in the consumer market.
    All else can not be the same, in that scenario.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #249
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,482

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Well, I disagree with it, because that's not the purpose of insurance.
    I mean, it sounds nice of paper, but in reality, it's part of the reason that insurance premiums are so high in the first place.

    Should we force life insurance companies, to write policies, for people with terminal illnesses?
    Actually, according to your definition of health insurance...let's not have any at all.

    Harry, your wrong about the purpose of health insurance.

  10. #250
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Well, I disagree with it, because that's not the purpose of insurance.
    I mean, it sounds nice of paper, but in reality, it's part of the reason that insurance premiums are so high in the first place.

    Should we force life insurance companies, to write policies, for people with terminal illnesses?
    It is the purpose of health insurance. It may not be the purpose of fire insurance but it is the sole purpose of health insurance.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •