View Poll Results: Do Men Have the Right to Control Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 7.69%
  • No

    42 80.77%
  • Under Certain Circumstances(s) - Briefly list what circumstance(s))

    5 9.62%
  • Does a male dominated government?

    2 3.85%
  • Does a male dominate Religion?

    1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 410

Thread: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

  1. #181
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So she won't have to go to all the trouble of going to the doctor and getting her baby sucked out of her womb? So she won't get into a legal mess when the father of the baby wants to keep the child? Because she might be a good person that doesn't want to cause pain to her partner by killing his child when she knows he wouldn't want that?
    You are expecting everyone to see it your way. That isn't going to happen. I think people should be responsible. I think condoms make sense for many reasons. I don't think any woman should use abortion as birth control. I think people even in one night stands should talk. But reality says this everyone does use nor require the wearing of a condom. Some women do use abortion as birth control and not everyone is going to discuss sex before they have it.
    Abortion has been around for thousands of years. It will be around for thousands more. Men who are anti choice should wear condoms. It makes real sense.

    But the things that we would like to see are not always reality. We have to adapt to understand that humans do silly unsafe things. Each person will not protect them self or think of others.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #182
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    ROFLMAO...



    Are you saying we should be ageists?



    ...but you said I don't have to be concerned about a pro-choice woman's feelings. What's the problem with control?



    Ought implies can. How can I have a duty without rights?



    Actually, aborting fetuses destroys epistemic closure.



    Why is a pro-choice woman entitled to ignore our mutual participation with the rule of law?
    If you are a male which i am guessing you are, and you are anti choice, you should wear a condom. If you do not and a woman has an abortion because of that failure on your part you are responsible because you did not do all you could to prevent it. That's what I have said throughout this thread in a nutshell.
    A pro choice woman or any women for that matter may not be using any form of birth control. You can not take her word for it. Wearing a condom would make sense because of your views. If you think that is wrong headed of me to think it foolish for a man not to wear one please tell me where you think that's wrong.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  3. #183
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Just curious, katie....are you also an advocate of after-birth abortions?
    I am pro choice. From statistics most abortions happen early on. Laws have protected against late term and partial birth abortions. There may be a reason for a late term abortion and there should be room to find out what that reason may be. Who knows what may have changed in that woman's situation over the term. There may be a valid reason why she would request an abortion late term. For myself I think a woman wanting an abortion would have it as soon as possible. I think a woman should do all she can to prevent unwanted pregnancy. If she doesn't that is her choice. I'm all for eliminating the need there is today.

    If everyone were taught responsible sex there would be few abortions. Trying to teach abstinence only is a joke. It doesn't work. Humans are sexual. Teaching abstinence only is supporting the abortion doctors.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  4. #184
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    why should the man care?.. he isn't allowed a say in what a woman does anyways.. amirite?

    the dude won't be getting an abortion no matter how many times the woman gets pregnant.. so dudes, don't sweat it.. be as irresponsible as you want to be ... because at the end of the day, you are not responsible for a woman's "health issues".. go ahead and knock her up, it's her problem... you got your piece of ass, the rest is her responsibility.


    that's the mentality you are selling here.. it's the mentality that is becoming more and more prevalent in society ( a society full of baby mamas , dead beat dads, and absentee dads.)
    If a man is anti choice and against abortions your question makes no sense. He already said he cares.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  5. #185
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Other:

    If I'm required to pay for a portion of it, then I'm allowed a say.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    I am pro choice. From statistics most abortions happen early on. Laws have protected against late term and partial birth abortions. There may be a reason for a late term abortion and there should be room to find out what that reason may be. Who knows what may have changed in that woman's situation over the term. There may be a valid reason why she would request an abortion late term. For myself I think a woman wanting an abortion would have it as soon as possible. I think a woman should do all she can to prevent unwanted pregnancy. If she doesn't that is her choice. I'm all for eliminating the need there is today.

    If everyone were taught responsible sex there would be few abortions. Trying to teach abstinence only is a joke. It doesn't work. Humans are sexual. Teaching abstinence only is supporting the abortion doctors.
    abstinence doesn't work?...

    ya mean women nowadays can get pregnant even when they don't have sex?....

    well hell, i guess men are useless creatures after all.

  7. #187
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yes, yes you are telling men what to do.. you have done it repeatedly.... you have expressed you views about what a man should or should not be doing.
    yet you say that men should have no say in what women do.

    yours is a blatant double standard based on nothing more than gender... it's a misandrists viewpoint.

    you don't care if the abortion rate is a hundred times higher?...that's an.. umm.. err... interesting viewpoint.... i'm glad it's a militant fringe minority opinion though.
    No I am not. i have said over and over if you are anti choice you should use a condom. I am making a common sense statement. If he doesn't use a condom how can he be anti choice?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #188
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    abstinence doesn't work?...

    ya mean women nowadays can get pregnant even when they don't have sex?....

    well hell, i guess men are useless creatures after all.
    Teaching abstinence only does not work. People still have sex no matter what you tell them about abstinence. You really are reaching for things to be snotty about.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  9. #189
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,480

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Other:

    If I'm required to pay for a portion of it, then I'm allowed a say.
    How much of a portion do you pay...for your entitlement?

  10. #190
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Other:

    If I'm required to pay for a portion of it, then I'm allowed a say.
    Paying a portion of what?
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •