View Poll Results: Do Men Have the Right to Control Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 7.69%
  • No

    42 80.77%
  • Under Certain Circumstances(s) - Briefly list what circumstance(s))

    5 9.62%
  • Does a male dominated government?

    2 3.85%
  • Does a male dominate Religion?

    1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 410

Thread: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

  1. #161
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So she doesn't make a baby. Derp.



    So you don't make a baby.



    Because when you choose to have sex with someone unprotected, then you're choosing to possibly make a baby together. That baby will belong to you and him. It's his decision too what happens when his baby.



    Who says they don't?



    Okay, I'm tired of answering these stupid questions. All of them are common sense answers to any clear-thinking, caring human.
    I will ask just one question from this. If a woman is pro choice and will have an abortion as she thinks the fetus is just a lump of cells why would she use the pill? You are presuming that everyone believes that the fetus has some special meaning. If she's pro choice she doesn't care if she has to get an abortion and very well may not take the pill.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Because you can't force ideal circumstances.
    ...so the only circumstances which matter are those which can be forced?

    Might makes right?

    Forcing a dysfunctional couple to stay together is not going to result in a happy family. Sometimes single parenthood is a better option. It certainly was in my case. My life improved dramatically after my parents split up.
    What happened to people getting to know each other better before getting married?

    True. But my point was, that you only mentioned the option of having and keeping a child. There are other options. And the point I was making is that if I am going to tell a man that he has no input at all in my choice, right from the get-go of the relationship, then I assume responsibility for my choice. He can do as he will.

    It doesn't HAVE to be that way. I think every couple should have this conversation. Maybe she IS willing to accept input. Maybe she isn't, but expects the man to help her. The man, at that point, can choose whether or not that is something he can accept. This is something every couple should discuss before they ever have sex.
    Yes, I understood your point, but I'm thinking about potential children, not you or your partner.

    That child, if realized, is entitled to committed parents.

    No man I have ever been with can ever tell me he didn't know my position. He can never complain that he didn't know I didn't want children, or that I would abort. He can also be safe in the knowledge I will never expect a dime from him. And I can be safe in the knowledge that he accepts my positions, respects my humanity, and won't try to coerce me. Because I will never date a man who doesn't support my choice. That conversation is as much for my benefit as it is for his.

    With some other woman, maybe he can be safe in the knowledge that she won't abort, and that she would want him as part of a child's life. And she can be safe in the knowledge that he will never try to coerce her to abort, and that he will take an interest in a child's life. Again, it benefits both of them.

    Whatever that conversation consists of, it should be had before anyone every puts their Tab A in anyone's Slot B.
    People should be having conversations this extensive before getting married.

  3. #163
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    I will ask just one question from this. If a woman is pro choice and will have an abortion as she thinks the fetus is just a lump of cells why would she use the pill? You are presuming that everyone believes that the fetus has some special meaning. If she's pro choice she doesn't care if she has to get an abortion and very well may not take the pill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So she won't have to go to all the trouble of going to the doctor and getting her baby sucked out of her womb? So she won't get into a legal mess when the father of the baby wants to keep the child? Because she might be a good person that doesn't want to cause pain to her partner by killing his child when she knows he wouldn't want that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Of course the man should know who he's possibly making a baby with and the consequences of such. Of course a man should wear a condom if he doesn't want to make a baby. It's very simple to use protection. Why would a pro-abortion woman NOT take that simple precaution so she won't have to go to all the trouble of going to the doctor, paying her copays, going through the "surgery", missing work and possibly hurting her partner in the process? It would be stupid to not use protection all the time if you don't want a baby. It's simple, it's cheap and it's responsible.
    ...................


  4. #164
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,142

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    ...so the only circumstances which matter are those which can be forced?

    Might makes right?
    What are you talking about?

    You're the one saying unhappy couples shouldn't be allowed to divorce. I'm in favor of letting them do what they think is best.

    What happened to people getting to know each other better before getting married?
    Things change. People change.

    Also, if you happen to believe abortion is wrong, and decide to have and keep a child instead, then you are pretty much stuck with whatever you've got, aren't you?

    Yes, I understood your point, but I'm thinking about potential children, not you or your partner.

    That child, if realized, is entitled to committed parents.
    Yes. And those parents can be quite literally anyone, biological or otherwise.

    People should be having conversations this extensive before getting married.
    People should be having those conversations any time they are considering having sex.

  5. #165
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Then I want the transfats back in my KFC. And I want my fries cooked in beef tallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I also want the right to not wear my seat belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Or not to carry health insurance.
    I say this respectfully, I know y'all were trying to be cute by equating those laws with legislation about what women can and cannot do with their bodies. The laws you cite are the forerunners of government legislating what consenting adults can and cannot do by making it illegal for them to take certain risks.

    Decades back, when government started controlling smokers by law, I said it was just a matter of time before government would be regulating the amount of fat people were allowed to consume, the amount of sugar they were allowed, making laws forcing food manufacturers and restaurants to serve only what the government wanted them to serve... and that has happened.

    Seat belt laws, helmet laws, all those "safety" laws which are fine for children have been imposed on adults. Government has legislated that a grown-up is not allowed to take risks with their own body unless government says they can. Notice that these laws have nothing to do with the safety of others; only for the safety of the people who are forced to use them.

    So yeah, now government is telling me what medical procedures and medications I am and am not allowed to use because I am a woman. Your damned right I'm still singing the same tune... get the **** away from my body. It's none of the government's damned business.

  6. #166
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Yes, you're right if the man chose to not wear a condom. However, the woman also chose when she didn't insist on a condom. If you make a baby, it's up to BOTH of you to make the decision what you want to do. You BOTH chose to not put the condom on.
    If the woman is pro choice and was so stupid as to not think of STD's it is not her worry over a fetus. That's not how she sees it. So for the man's sake if he is anti choice he should certainly do all he can she may believe that her option for birth control is an abortion. Silly as that may seem but it can certainly happen.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  7. #167
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,347

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    So yeah, now government is telling me what medical procedures and medications I am and am not allowed to use because I am a woman. Your damned right I'm still singing the same tune... get the **** away from my body. It's none of the government's damned business.
    It changes when you have a body inside of your own.


  8. #168
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Originally Posted by katiegrrl0
    The male made his choice when he didn't use a condom. Why should a pro choice woman give a damn what some anti abortionist thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Really? Anyone who would choose not to abort their own child is an "anti-abortionist"?
    If a male who is against abortion does not do all he can to protect against unwanted pregnancy he by his omission is supporting pro choice.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  9. #169
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'd suggest asking Middleground, she's stated a bunch in the Rush thread how there's reasons to take birth control other than to protect from pregnancy.

    Perhaps the pro-choice woman has bad acne?

    Perhaps the pro-choice women is personally against abortion but feels that the government should not be mandating it?

    Perhaps the pro-choice women would rather be on the pill and avoid pregnancy because she believes the entire abortive process could potentially be somewhat disturbing mentally.



    She's cautious about STD's?

    The various reasons I just stated above?

    She's allergic to semen?

    She doesn't like the feeling of it inside her and dripping after the fact?



    Because she perhaps actually has emotional feelings towards the individual she's having sex with and thus cares about their thoughts and views as well?

    Because perhaps she believes that while its a woman's body and ultimately her choice, the fetus growing inside of her is made of two peoples DNA...not just hers...and she recognizes the other individual may like some input?



    He believes the woman who is having sex with him actually has an emotional attachment to him and cares what he says?

    He believes that the woman who he is having sex with actually holds respect for him and his opinions even when they're separate than her own?



    I don't know pro-fetus killer (if we're going to use asinine arrogant based militant terminology rather than intellectually honest and fair ones, may as well be consistent no? You pick the game you want to play), perhaps a situation occurred where he stupidly just didn't think of it, or made an extremely poor decision due to a variety of factors from his own inability to control his lustful emotions to seduction on the part of the female?

    But yes, a pro-life person absolutely could wear a condom. However this is irrelevant to the argument of many pro-life people as it assumes they only want unborn children to be protected when conceived from couplings of at least one pro-life person.



    Perhaps she told him she was?

    Perhaps various things she stated made him believe that?

    Perhaps he ignorantly just assumed?

    Its funny...in a few seconds I was able to think of multiple answers to every one of your questions but you seemed to ask them as if you had this strong belief there was no, or only one, correct answer. It couldn't possibly be that you are so arrogantly sure of your position on this being absolute gospel that no one could dare possibly think opposite of your without being of inferior intelligence, bigoted, or just plain wrong.
    Your refusal to be serious shows that you know little and care less about the issue. When you have something to offer in a serious fashion I may response.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Do MEN have a Right to CONTROL Women's Health Issues and Reproductive Systems?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    What are you talking about?

    You're the one saying unhappy couples shouldn't be allowed to divorce. I'm in favor of letting them do what they think is best.
    You said, "...you can't force ideal circumstances..."

    No relationship is ideal, so we have to create an organic system which assimilates imperfections. This means we have to hold people responsible so they try wholeheartedly in deciding whether or not to commit.

    Things change. People change.
    I agree. People should see if they're on the same wavelength so they change together.

    Also, if you happen to believe abortion is wrong, and decide to have and keep a child instead, then you are pretty much stuck with whatever you've got, aren't you?
    Sure, but abortion can't be used to preempt undesirable personalities.

    Furthermore, a child being undesirable doesn't mean a child doesn't deserve respect. Are you saying children even today born from unappreciative parents should have been aborted?

    Adoption is possible, but guardians need to be committed in advance to make sure that's not a gamble either.

    Yes. And those parents can be quite literally anyone, biological or otherwise.
    I agree. Both parents should be committed to finding guardians.

    People should be having those conversations any time they are considering having sex.
    ...and people shouldn't have intercourse before marriage.

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •