View Poll Results: Should there be a death penalty?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    65 47.10%
  • No

    53 38.41%
  • Under certain circumstances, please explain

    20 14.49%
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 819

Thread: Death Penalty

  1. #781
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    You call this a war? This is a slaughter, started by US because the government listened to millions of blood thirsty racists and now we've wasted trillions of dollars and thousands of lives all for a few terrorists, when this could've taken less time by dispatching a couple hit teams after those guys.
    lol, ok. When you earn some boots, come talk to me about how easy it is to destabilize a multifaceted enemy organization that's deeply rooted all throughout the entirety of the Middle East and North Africa, that is not only hell bent on destroying the United States and her allies, but all non-Muslim culture as a whole. Simple, right? Because we haven't been killing off their leadership for the past 11 years, or anything.


    Spare me the macho sociopathic rant. This type of attitude is why we're in so much deep doo-doo now.
    Right, someone leaks information to the people that are shooting us, and we should buy them flowers and candy.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #782
    Educator
    Michael Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Last Seen
    04-29-15 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,042

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiate View Post
    lol, ok. When you earn some boots, come talk to me about how easy it is to destabilize a multifaceted enemy organization that's deeply rooted all throughout the entirety of the Middle East and North Africa, that is not only hell bent on destroying the United States and her allies, but all non-Muslim culture as a whole. Simple, right? Because we haven't been killing off their leadership for the past 11 years, or anything.
    Oh please, everyone is out to get you and your ice cream parlor. Run, hit the deck!

    Right, someone leaks information to the people that are shooting us, and we should buy them flowers and candy.
    Nobody never said that, but maybe you should consider changing your own tactics if you never wanted your country hurt in the first place.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary. - El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

  3. #783
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    DebatePolitics.com only allows members in my 'permission group' 25 minutes to edit/delete a post, so my statement will remain posted forever. Besides, that is still how I feel about it, so there's no reason why I would 'retract' anything unless you want me to lie. The truth is, if you drive drunk, you're a piece of **** who needs to be put down. Public policy will never reflect that, but that's how I feel about it regardless. That's not meant to be a 'joke', I'm not looking4lulz, that's my view on the subject. I have no love for drunk drivers.

    I do believe the law should be changed to make the firing squad the preferred form of execution. It's humane, cheap, and far less controversy around the method itself (leaving only the controversy regarding execution per-se).
    I thought by "don't take everything you read at face value," you were implying that you were joking about executing drunk drivers on the spot. Now, you're saying you're serious about that and it wasn't a joke.

    This has nothing to do with the firing squad. It has to do with a gross violation of our bill of rights. I will continue to argue that as long as you seek to destroy the foundation of this country, you will be viewed by some or many as un-American. That's all I have to say.

  4. #784
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    I thought by "don't take everything you read at face value," you were implying that you were joking about executing drunk drivers on the spot. Now, you're saying you're serious about that and it wasn't a joke.
    There are more options than being literal or joking around. Conversation is more dynamic than that. Strong words to reflect honest feelings are neither literal nor a 'haha' joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    This has nothing to do with the firing squad. It has to do with a gross violation of our bill of rights. I will continue to argue that as long as you seek to destroy the foundation of this country, you will be viewed by some or many as un-American. That's all I have to say.
    Ok well you get down wif yo bad self den.

  5. #785
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There are more options than being literal or joking around. Conversation is more dynamic than that. Strong words to reflect honest feelings are neither literal nor a 'haha' joke.



    Ok well you get down wif yo bad self den.
    Perhaps you could stop beating around the bush and clarify your conviction.

  6. #786
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    Perhaps I'm misreading you.

    Am I the one self-righteously pounding on a keyboard about the evils of the system my fellow compatriots have chosen?

    If so, then I disagree. I am not acting self-righteous, but rather standing up for ideals upon which this country was founded. The draconian stop-and-execute proposal pushed forward by Jerry and others is about as evil as any third world dictatorship.

    As for wearing the uniform and fighting a battle, my point still stands. If you still disagree, think of Benedict Arnold. Though I am not trying to equate Jerry to B. Arnold, it is evidence alone to prove that wearing a uniform and going into battle is not sufficient enough to be pro-American. Otherwise, you would have to consider Arnold and the thousands of deserters to be patriotic as well.

    The bottom line is that Jerry is simultaneously fighting for this country over there while fighting against the basic foundation over here.
    This is sincerely not meant to be an insult, and I genuinely apologize before hand if what I'm about to say seems like one.

    I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know exactly what fundamental freedom you're saying I'm against. I don't see any connection between capitol punishment and the type of government (you had accused me of being pro-dictatorship). I'm simply at a total loss of ability to see how you're connecting any of this.

    The things I said I was against are rape, fraud and drunk driving. So when you say I'm against fundamental freedoms, you're saying rape, fraud and drunk driving are fundamental freedoms.

    But it's also clear that that is not your position, even-though that's what your posts convey, hence I'm at a total loss of understanding.

  7. #787
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This is sincerely not meant to be an insult, and I genuinely apologize before hand if what I'm about to say seems like one.

    I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know exactly what fundamental freedom you're saying I'm against. I don't see any connection between capitol punishment and the type of government (you had accused me of being pro-dictatorship). I'm simply at a total loss of ability to see how you're connecting any of this.

    The things I said I was against are rape, fraud and drunk driving. So when you say I'm against fundamental freedoms, you're saying rape, fraud and drunk driving are fundamental freedoms.

    But it's also clear that that is not your position, even-though that's what your posts convey, hence I'm at a total loss of understanding.
    You called for drunk drivers to be shot on spot. That is absolutely a gross violation of the Bill of Rights.

  8. #788
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    You called for drunk drivers to be shot on spot. That is absolutely a gross violation of the Bill of Rights.
    You mean this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no heart for drunk drivers. Execute them all on-site: waiting for trial is a compromise.
    Look at the context clues:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no heart for drunk drivers. Execute them all on-site: waiting for trial is a compromise.
    This post is telling you how I feel about the topic. Additionally:

    If you want to know what I think policy or law should be, look to my original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Additionally: rape, involuntary manslaughter caused by a drunk driver..........should also be met with the death penalty.
    This does not mean that cop shoots you dead on the side of the road just because your BAQ blows over the legal limit.

    This means if you actually hit and kill someone while driving drunk, that instance of you having killed someone should be treated as a capitol offence. You are not sumeraly executed, you are arrested and charged.

    Just by my saying "treated as a capitol offence" you automatically know that I'm applying full Due-Process rights to the person being charged with manslaughter while DUI, which is the exact opposite of denying fundamental rights.

  9. #789
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,775

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You mean this?

    Look at the context clues:


    This post is telling you how I feel about the topic. Additionally:

    If you want to know what I think policy or law should be, look to my original post:


    This does not mean that cop shoots you dead on the side of the road just because your BAQ blows over the legal limit.

    This means if you actually hit and kill someone while driving drunk, that instance of you having killed someone should be treated as a capitol offence. You are not sumeraly executed, you are arrested and charged.

    Just by my saying "treated as a capitol offence" you automatically know that I'm applying full Due-Process rights to the person being charged with manslaughter while DUI, which is the exact opposite of denying fundamental rights.
    I am fine with that.... I would also say that anybody that runs from the cops in a car is taken out by high powered sniper rifles from a sniper in a helicopter or chase vehicle in order to stop car chases and save inncocent lives...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #790
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Johnson View Post
    Oh please, everyone is out to get you and your ice cream parlor. Run, hit the deck!
    Not my fault you can't accept world events as they are, space boy.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •