View Poll Results: Should there be a death penalty?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    65 47.10%
  • No

    53 38.41%
  • Under certain circumstances, please explain

    20 14.49%
Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 819

Thread: Death Penalty

  1. #521
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,058

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Were you asking if I wasn't repsonding to them or you? I have not repsonded to you because in the post where you finally addressed issues concerning the DP you began with the beginning of life again. You know my stance on abortion and the "life" issue and you just had to poke once more. Until you can discuss the DP as its own independent crisis, with very real concerns and consequences.

    This is how you opened your post after I said I did not wish to discuss those items for the 4th time and tried to redirect you to the subject of the post.


    That is not the beginning of a discussion on the death penalty.
    I am not arguing abortion. I am arguing what you consider life in order to show that you sometimes allow for the killing of humans and therefore that makes your entire premise that "killing is wrong" incorrect or contradictory.

    If you don't want to debate that though, consequently tearing a hole in your argument, then don't even address it. It isn't that hard. Just stick to the part where you asked me about ethics in a condescending way, I answered and you are subsequently ignoring that response. If you don't then I guess you concede the debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #522
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    As you might recall, official war crime conventions did not exist prior to Nuremberg. If we take your stubborn literal adherence to laws and their meaning, it was perfectly legal at the time it was being committed. In fact, that was the main argument pushed forward by the defendants at Nuremberg.
    Well, there had to be a first time...didn't there?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #523
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Death Penalty

    Its very hard for some of our left wing friends who want to give Mercy to muderers and rapists yet have no problem not giving mercy to and innocent, defenseless infant in the womb.........

    They don't want to talk about it because they can not justify it.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #524
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    That is not the UDHR.
    I should have been more clear. It is the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. The International Bill of Human Rights consists of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and its two Optional Protocols.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #525
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The death penalty is legal in the USA? Really? In every state in the union?
    I couldn't be legal in any state if it were not legal in the USA.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #526
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, there had to be a first time...didn't there?
    Ok, so we've established that the Nazis murdered people and the millions of dead Ukrainians starved by the Russians? Just killing.

  7. #527
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I should have been more clear. It is the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. The International Bill of Human Rights consists of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and its two Optional Protocols.
    I know. I was the one who originally referenced both the UDHR and the ICCPR. It doesn't change the fact that these conventions did not legitimize the death penalty.

  8. #528
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is your opinion and you know what that is worth.......Why is that? Because you have no answer when your kind murder in the womb?
    It is not murder. Ask mac.

  9. #529
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I have a flash for you. The death penalty is legal in the USA..........I notice you did not respond to my comparison of abortion and the death penalty...You lefties never do....cat got your tongue?
    Yes, it is legal, does not mean it is right. Abortion is legal, some say that is not right. In both cases it is legal so cannot be called "murder" according to people on this thread. I think state-sanctioned killing is murder -- that is my opinion. Also my opinion -- abortion is not murder, most of the time when people disagree with me about abortion it has to do with the beginning of life. I will discuss that in the appropriate thread. This is a death penalty thread.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didn’t have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, I’m allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and I’ve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I don’t, before you know it, you won’t let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    “Reading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.”
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  10. #530
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I not only believe in the death penalty for all capital crimes but it should be expanded to include certain criminal convicted of rape and child abuse.
    So in other words...you're not a good catholic. Is that what you are saying?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •