View Poll Results: Should there be a death penalty?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    65 47.10%
  • No

    53 38.41%
  • Under certain circumstances, please explain

    20 14.49%
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 819

Thread: Death Penalty

  1. #121
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Do yourself a favor and the next time you hear of a disappearance and search parties are needed, volunteer for it if you can, you will never loose that perspective, especially when you hear they found the victim dead.
    How about this one. How about the time a jihadist killed two of my buddies, one of which's brain where still on my pants, and I had to give that same jihadist medical treatment for the gun shot wound I put in his shoulder defending myself. Unlike you, I have run into these scenario's you non-chalantly paint in order to try and justify your lack of depth in your beliefs. Guess what I did in that situation. The civilized thing that we as the best country in the world do. I patched him up and carried him to an awaiting Blackhawk to be medevac'd to a surgical facility.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #122
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by cthomp View Post
    I think we can agree to disagree and I appreciate that you answered my question. I have found that some on this forum will not answer questions but twist the questions and accuse others.
    No worries. See barbarian style for your last statement.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #123
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    No, its me trying to save my own life. Would you rather I stand there and get shot in the face? Or, would you rather be speaking another language now because all the servicemen prior to me laid down their arms so to fit your ridiculous scenario? Once again, a poster who doesn't know why he believes what he believes so he attacks another's beliefs or character. You should run for office. You're very good at deflecting.
    Have your government justify it anyway you think it helps.

  4. #124
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    11-11-12 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    158

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    No worries. See barbarian style for your last statement.
    I rather not jump between you and barbarian, but thank you for your service.

  5. #125
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    How about this one. How about the time a jihadist killed two of my buddies, one of which's brain where still on my pants, and I had to give that same jihadist medical treatment for the gun shot wound I put in his shoulder defending myself. Unlike you, I have run into these scenario's you non-chalantly paint in order to try and justify your lack of depth in your beliefs. Guess what I did in that situation. The civilized thing that we as the best country in the world do. I patched him up and carried him to an awaiting Blackhawk to be medevac'd to a surgical facility.
    So what your saying is that there is time for government killings, I do too that is my point. Thank you for your service it really is appreciated, as I too have a son in the service and has been 2 tours in Afghanistan.

  6. #126
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    Have your government justify it anyway you think it helps.
    LOL! Wow, this is your weakest attempt yet. Okay, if you don't want to answer the question "Why do you believe in capital punishment?", that's fine. I'll move along. No sense in debating someone who doesn't even know why he believes what he believes. Unless you would finally, after about 2 pages of posts, like to answer that.
    BTW, its funny you speak so fluently about taking another persons life when I'm sure you've never done it. Its really easy to sit in the bleachers and talk about the game when you've never played it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #127
    Educator barbarian_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Existing between 2 entities of darkness
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    761

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    LOL! Wow, this is your weakest attempt yet. Okay, if you don't want to answer the question "Why do you believe in capital punishment?", that's fine. I'll move along. No sense in debating someone who doesn't even know why he believes what he believes. Unless you would finally, after about 2 pages of posts, like to answer that.
    BTW, its funny you speak so fluently about taking another persons life when I'm sure you've never done it. Its really easy to sit in the bleachers and talk about the game when you've never played it.

    Try Post #93, answered before asked sorry.

  8. #128
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian_style View Post
    So what your saying is that there is time for government killings, I do too that is my point. Thank you for your service it really is appreciated, as I too have a son in the service and has been 2 tours in Afghanistan.
    Big difference, as I've already pointed out, between a pre-meditated vengeance killing and defending yourself. How would you feel about your son if, instead of doing what I did, he hooked up some wire hangers to the alternator of a HUMVEE and electrocuted that terrorist in the story I told you above? I mean, your son saw him kill his buddies right? He's well within his right to execute the guy even though he's no threat.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #129
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by cthomp View Post
    I rather not jump between you and barbarian, but thank you for your service.
    No thanks needed. Just doing my job. But thank you for the thank you lol.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #130
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Death Penalty

    An unemployed trigger happy serial killer goes on a shooting spree and kills 10 people. What is his punishment? Free food and lodging.

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •