View Poll Results: Is another WAR Okay?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...we need to protect the free world!

    12 40.00%
  • No...we have given enough to the world!

    7 23.33%
  • Maybe...please explain

    3 10.00%
  • You gotta be Kidding me

    8 26.67%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Is Obama Bluffing?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the threat to Israel is literally cataclysmic. especially thanks to the Smartest President Ever's decision to get rid of missile shield development in vain hopes that it would convince the Russians to convince the Iranians to stop building up a nuclear program.
    Iran will NEVER attack Israel.. That would be suicde.

    And, if Israel attacks Iran.. Iran will not bomb Jerusalem..

    You see.. Muslims will not destroy the holy sites of the Patriarchs.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Israel has indicated that they might act immediately and unilaterally if the US is not on board. If the US is on board, we have more control of the timeline.

    It is my own opinion that war with Iran is an exceptionally poor option, and I hope that the president is able to steer it away from that.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    The threat to Israel is a huge poitical lie... Meir Dagan, Tamir Pardo and Martin Van Creveld have said so...

    Obama knows what Bibi is trying to do... he's not going to be hoodwinked.
    No threat to Israel or any other non Muslim country by Iran is a huge lie.

    Obama may not be hoodwinked, but it is pretty certain that he will try to hoodwink the American public until after November

  4. #14
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Obama doesn't have what it takes to start something with Iran. Not going to happen. And that's good as the last thing we need is another war in the ME.
    I disagree with the former, but I do agree with the latter.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Do the Iranian extremists know what happened to another extremist from Germany a century ago ?
    Do we know of a world organization ??, the UN ?
    If not, then its best that we and world learn .

  6. #16
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Iran will NEVER attack Israel.. That would be suicde.
    that is incorrect. Allah would protect Iran from any counterattack, because the Holy City of Qom is a part of His plan to bring back the Last Imam and bring the rest of Dar al Haarb to obedience through conquest. In fact, the destruction of Israel is necessary for this happy event to take place, and thus they are assured not only of Allah's protection, but also His divine blessings.


    all of the "rational actor" types keep forgetting. everyone is a rational actor. they simply do not share the same assumptions.

    And, if Israel attacks Iran.. Iran will not bomb Jerusalem..

    You see.. Muslims will not destroy the holy sites of the Patriarchs.
    what a fascinating notion. So you would argue, for example, that Muslims have not bombed, rocketed, or mortared Jersualem?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is incorrect. Allah would protect Iran from any counterattack, because the Holy City of Qom is a part of His plan to bring back the Last Imam and bring the rest of Dar al Haarb to obedience through conquest. In fact, the destruction of Israel is necessary for this happy event to take place, and thus they are assured not only of Allah's protection, but also His divine blessings.


    all of the "rational actor" types keep forgetting. everyone is a rational actor. they simply do not share the same assumptions.



    what a fascinating notion. So you would argue, for example, that Muslims have not bombed, rocketed, or mortared Jersualem?
    Muslims who believe in that nonsense are a minority.. no different than our minority of Scofield Heretics and Rapture Ready nutters.

  8. #18
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Did Obama say that he would use military force to keep Iran from having a Nuclear Weapon? Or did he use weasel "it's unacceptable and we won't accept it because it's unacceptable" style-language?
    What... you can't read?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    The one who is gong to decide if there will be a war or not is Iran, not the US.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #20
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Is Obama Bluffing?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharon View Post
    Muslims who believe in that nonsense are a minority..
    that is correct. 13th Imam Shia are indeed a minority of Muslims.

    However, if your statement is intended to argue that members of the radical Islamist Government of Iran who believe that are a minority.... the you are not in fact, correct. The destruction of Israel is not only a major foriegn policy goal of the IRI, but they consider it to be Divine Command. Furthermore, the Nuclear Program is under the control of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps; which is explicitly chosen for their greater demonstrated level of devotion to that theology.


    Instead you are left hoping that maybe the top guys don't really mean what they say and have been promoted for believing all their lives. You are hoping that some magical unknowable event alters their worldview upon the attainment of high rank within the regime, an event we are unable to pinpoint, describe, ore measure the effects of. A remarkably poor strategic choice. Unless of course, you thought "Hope" and "Change" were sufficient governing platforms. In which case you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near major foriegn policy decision making.
    Last edited by cpwill; 03-04-12 at 11:13 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •