View Poll Results: Should society pay for porn?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, men should have free, risk-free avenues for sexual satisfaction too

    5 21.74%
  • No, civil rights only apply to minority groups

    1 4.35%
  • No, the government should not pay, or force others to pay, for sex

    3 13.04%
  • No, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard because...

    14 60.87%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 149

Thread: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

  1. #61
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    We just paid, (3 wks ago), $600 for two exams, 2 frames (1 frame was high end) and lenses.
    No vision insurance.

    That's not really all that much, as you don't need new glasses every year.
    Hell people pay more than that for cell phone, cable, internet and other luxuries.
    Maybe if you go to Lens Crafter, but when you have astigmatism, -2400 eyesight correction, need blended lenses or bifocals, you're going to pay a hell of a lot more. Your problem is that you think you know exactly what everyone else needs based on what you need. You don't know what I need. You don't know what anyone else needs.

    Anyway, I'm out of here. My blood pressure is too high as it is.

  2. #62
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The NY Times is bogus?
    Your personal health issue may be expensive, but on average, smokers cost less than, obese people and skinny non smokers.

    The facts are, old people cost the nation most in medical care, usually end of life care.
    Well, ****, sorry to be such a burden to you. I'll try to die quickly.

  3. #63
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    We just paid, (3 wks ago), $600 for two exams, 2 frames (1 frame was high end) and lenses.
    No vision insurance.

    That's not really all that much, as you don't need new glasses every year.
    Hell people pay more than that for cell phone, cable, internet and other luxuries.
    theres alot of people in america that 600 is not cheap to at all.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #64
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    whats the full name of your plan, what do you pay and Id like a link to what it actually covers
    Dunno; I'd have to look. It was Blue Advantage, but it morphed into something else. It's about $400/mo.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #65
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Maybe if you go to Lens Crafter, but when you have astigmatism, -2400 eyesight correction, need blended lenses or bifocals, you're going to pay a hell of a lot more. Your problem is that you think you know exactly what everyone else needs based on what you need. You don't know what I need. You don't know what anyone else needs.

    Anyway, I'm out of here. My blood pressure is too high as it is.
    Sorry, I'm not trying to decide what everyone else needs.
    I'm saying that, insurance was never meant to cover things, that you know are going to happen.
    That wouldn't make any sense.

    Insurance is a hedge against risk.
    You know you're going to need new glasses in the future.
    You can't insure against a guarantee.

    It's like buying life insurance, then killing yourself afterward.
    That's why they have suicide clauses.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #66
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    This isn't a reoccurring monthly expense, what's the big deal?
    Simple because like I said in my other post, you said it cost you 600$ theres a lot of people in America this isnt cheap too. ANd again the main point was about buyoing ones own insurance.

    If im doing that and already spending 700+ on personal insurance where do I get this extra and cheap 600$, to see what im getting at?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #67
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Well, ****, sorry to be such a burden to you. I'll try to die quickly.
    I'm not making this personal, you are.
    I am plainly stating that old (aka, elderly people) cost more in medical dollars, than younger people who smoke.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #68
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Simple because like I said in my other post, you said it cost you 600$ theres a lot of people in America this isnt cheap too. ANd again the main point was about buyoing ones own insurance.

    If im doing that and already spending 700+ on personal insurance where do I get this extra and cheap 600$, to see what im getting at?
    BCBS had an HDI a few years ago, priced at $200 month.
    That was for me and 2 kids.

    But the deductible was high, it was designed for HSA's.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #69
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    This isn't a reoccurring monthly expense, what's the big deal?
    Some of us have more costly vision issues, not just needing mild correction via lenses - and multiple people with vision issues, as well.

    It costs quite a bit more than that (your previous sum there) for us - but is it the #1 financial concern? No - we manage. Our eye-appointments are covered but lenses and frames (etc) are not.

    Frames - for me - I can make last until they break beyond repair. Going on year 3 or something with these current ones. My son gets the cheapo $20.00/frames from Walmart because he's horrid about breaking them. But he's doing pretty good these days. Years ago I regreted it whe nI bought him those 'flexi' frames that were so expensive (over $200.00) and within a few months they were played with to the point of breaking - because they were that special flex-frame metal they were not repairable . . . and they were a complete waste of money.

    Never again.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-03-12 at 01:12 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #70
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Some of us have more costly vision issues, not just needing mild correction via lenses - and multiple people with vision issues, as well.

    It costs quite a bit more than that (your previous sum there) for us - but is it the #1 financial concern? No - we manage. Our eye-appointments are covered but lenses and frames (etc) are not.
    I can totally understand that, I'm just saying that vision insurance is sort of a waste, unless you have yearly needs that need to be covered, outside of a normal insurance plan.
    The premiums for it vs. the average cost of glasses/exams, make it kinda dumb for the average person to purchase insurance for it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •