View Poll Results: Should society pay for porn?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, men should have free, risk-free avenues for sexual satisfaction too

    5 21.74%
  • No, civil rights only apply to minority groups

    1 4.35%
  • No, the government should not pay, or force others to pay, for sex

    3 13.04%
  • No, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard because...

    14 60.87%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 149

Thread: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

  1. #11
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I didn't read the OP because I afraid I am going to read it an find out that my suspicions that he is comparing porn to birth control are correct. And if that is correct...

    Attachment 67123278
    If you have a liberal world view, you might think I was comparing birth control to porn. But actually, I'm comparing forcing other people to pay for birth control to forcing other people to pay for porn. You might be interested to know, though, that some people (like some catholic employers) are as offended by birth control and the morning after pill as you appear to be about porn.
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  2. #12
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    If you have a liberal world view, you might think I was comparing birth control to porn. But actually, I'm comparing forcing other people to pay for birth control to forcing other people to pay for porn. You might be interested to know, though, that some people (like some catholic employers) are as offended by birth control and the morning after pill as you appear to be about porn.
    or if you have a FLASE world view you believe that people are forcing employers to pay for birth control
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    I stopped reading because its either fantastically badly thought out, or its some sortof trollery.

  4. #14
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Suddenly it is a civil right for the government to force employers, including religious employers, to provide birth control to their employees. Democrats are making the argument that birth control is prohibitively priced and that women cannot have protected sex unless someone else buys their birth control for them. Kathleen Sebelius has suggested that the mandate for employers to buy their employee's birth control will pay for itself because we won't have as many of those pesky babies to pay for.

    So here is the question, if paying so that women can satisfy their sexual desires without consequences is a civil rights issue, what about men's sexual desires? Shouldn't the government make employers buy porn for their male employees? Unlike female employees who may need intimacy and relationship to satisfy them, most men are visually stimulated and can "handle" it themselves. So what do you think? If society should pay for safe, baby free sexual satisfaction for women, shouldn't society pay for it for men too?
    Why should employers be forced to pay for porn for men when they're already willingly paying for health insurance to provide treatments for erectile dysfunction to men, which is more apt to the analogy you're attempting?
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #15
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    I stopped reading because its either fantastically badly thought out, or its some sortof trollery.
    It's "and," not "or".
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    yes.

    porn is, after all... a right.
    it's the job of the government to ensure we have access to our rights... which includes purchasing products and services inherent to those rights.

    not only should the government force employers to pay for our porn, they should mandate we all subscribe to porn providers.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ...not only should the government force employers to pay for our porn, they should mandate we all subscribe to porn providers.
    well, it wouldn't be the first time the federal govt. required citizens to buy something.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Suddenly it is a civil right for the government to force employers, including religious employers, to provide birth control to their employees. Democrats are making the argument that birth control is prohibitively priced and that women cannot have protected sex unless someone else buys their birth control for them. Kathleen Sebelius has suggested that the mandate for employers to buy their employee's birth control will pay for itself because we won't have as many of those pesky babies to pay for.

    So here is the question, if paying so that women can satisfy their sexual desires without consequences is a civil rights issue, what about men's sexual desires? Shouldn't the government make employers buy porn for their male employees? Unlike female employees who may need intimacy and relationship to satisfy them, most men are visually stimulated and can "handle" it themselves. So what do you think? If society should pay for safe, baby free sexual satisfaction for women, shouldn't society pay for it for men too?
    This is one of the most blatantly sexist posts I have ever read on this forum. You obviously know nothing about women's health needs, and it shows.

    Oh, and they do pay for Viagra so your point fails on every single level.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #19
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    This is one of the most blatantly sexist posts I have ever read on this forum. You obviously know nothing about women's health needs, and it shows.

    Oh, and they do pay for Viagra so your point fails on every single level.
    Please don't insult honest misogynists.

    The post isn't blatantly sexist - rather, it's utterly moronic.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    This is one of the most blatantly sexist posts I have ever read on this forum. You obviously know nothing about women's health needs, and it shows.

    Oh, and they do pay for Viagra so your point fails on every single level.
    As far as insurance goes, Viagra and Cialis are hardly ever covered.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •