View Poll Results: Should society pay for porn?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, men should have free, risk-free avenues for sexual satisfaction too

    5 21.74%
  • No, civil rights only apply to minority groups

    1 4.35%
  • No, the government should not pay, or force others to pay, for sex

    3 13.04%
  • No, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard because...

    14 60.87%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 149

Thread: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

  1. #91
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,806

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    The employer in this case still considered it "porn" and claimed it violated their policies.

    I agree that a person should not be fired for emails they receive.
    never claimed different
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #92
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,806

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    OTOH I am glad the people were there to know how to deal with this. What really bothered me though was that they prescribed the most expensive meds. And I know about beta blockers.

    yep
    thats why I always laugh at people that say healthcare in fine.

    a littl eoff topic and not directed at you but its funny. People may not like the new healthcare plan or ideas but anybody that says it was fine and didnt need fixed is a moron. Sorry there is just no other word for them. Again if you dont like the ideas suggested to fix it thats fine but if you think it wasnt broken you are kidding yourself.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #93
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yep
    thats why I always laugh at people that say healthcare in fine.

    a littl eoff topic and not directed at you but its funny. People may not like the new healthcare plan or ideas but anybody that says it was fine and didnt need fixed is a moron. Sorry there is just no other word for them. Again if you dont like the ideas suggested to fix it thats fine but if you think it wasnt broken you are kidding yourself.
    The market is good, the overall environment is not. While I think it's heartless to deny people ER visits in a legitimate emergency for inability to pay it comes down on payors, this can be fixed without a major industry overhaul by giving more lattitude for billing based on what can be recovered after treatment. As well the "single payor" model tends to stagnate, the private model tends to improve more quickly. So there are things we do well, and there are some things that need work, but I don't think anyone who is being honest would say heatlhcare is fine.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #94
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    The Op is misinformed. No employer is being forced to pay for contraception. Insurance companies are being forced to cover the costs of such, which can be quite high.

    I don't see anyone bitching that they already cover the cost of ED treatments.
    On paper yes, in reality, the cost gets shirked to the employers.

  5. #95
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    The Op is misinformed. No employer is being forced to pay for contraception. Insurance companies are being forced to cover the costs of such, which can be quite high.

    I don't see anyone bitching that they already cover the cost of ED treatments.
    That's the biggest issue I take with politics these days - though I'm sure it's always been this way. People seem to not bitch about things until it becomes a fad. No one bitched about ED treatments being covered before. No one bitched about the debt ceiling being raised until it became an "issue". As long as I had been debating politics, I had never heard anyone go ape**** over public unions until it was so popular to bitch about.

    Look, we need to reduce the national debt and get a more balanced budget. I think we can all agree on that. Can we quit with this nonsense bickering so we can focus on real issues? ****.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #96
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's the biggest issue I take with politics these days - though I'm sure it's always been this way. People seem to not bitch about things until it becomes a fad. No one bitched about ED treatments being covered before. No one bitched about the debt ceiling being raised until it became an "issue". As long as I had been debating politics, I had never heard anyone go ape**** over public unions until it was so popular to bitch about.

    Look, we need to reduce the national debt and get a more balanced budget. I think we can all agree on that. Can we quit with this nonsense bickering so we can focus on real issues? ****.
    That was an issue years ago, there have been so many stupid moves in insurance and government in general that the ED one is largely forgotten. However even before I was an agent people were pissed about it, it's just that things have shifted to more important and more current issues, it's not that people don't have a problem with it but rather that it's not on the top of the list right now.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #97
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    No, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard because...

    Only idiots pay for porn anyway.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #98
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,806

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    That was an issue years ago, there have been so many stupid moves in insurance and government in general that the ED one is largely forgotten. However even before I was an agent people were pissed about it, it's just that things have shifted to more important and more current issues, it's not that people don't have a problem with it but rather that it's not on the top of the list right now.

    I think one of my favorites is when some peoples health care went up last year and they blamed it on the new health care LMAO

    I dont know what health care they had before but mine as gone up atleast every 3 years for the last 15 years, they act like THIS i the first and only time.

    Health insurance companies are damn near criminals in my OPINION, when it comes to health care providers there should be a cap of profit IMO.

    I used to have a link about Cleve L. Killingsworth he was/is a CEO for one of the BCBSs and I may mess this up but it will be close:

    he gave himself a 26% pay increase and bonus
    even though the companies numbers were down
    even though they were doing lay offs
    even though their income dropped 49%
    and then he raised all his costumers rates!

    Im not against people making money or capitalism but this is the type of **** that is making us weaker.

    WHats even more sad among a lot of CEO types he is PRAISED and RESPECTED! why? because he increased his own bottom line, f the company's, f the customers, his did good so he got a pat on the back from his friends. Pathetic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #99
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post

    There were some cases where medicaid paid for condoms (very few). What I found funny is 100% of the males who bought them purchased magnums (not kidding, might be one exception). All of the females purchased lubricated, normal, or those thermal ones.
    “The Magnum brand is viewed as a positive lifestyle badge and positive symbol,” Mr. Daniels said. “And people are proud to show they have a Magnum condom — the large size really connotes a sense of ‘above-average prowess,’ let’s call it.”

    But as the story's writer, Andrew Adam Newman points out later, the Magnum is only connoting a myth.

    For all the connotations, however, it turns out that Magnum is not so large. It is the same length as standard condoms, with the same circumference at its base, Mr. Daniels said. “Some people feel more comfortable with that width, but you don’t have to be an overly endowed man to use a Magnum and enjoy it,” he added.

    Read more: The Real Issue With Magnum Condoms | Global Grind
    Heh, heh...

  10. #100
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: Should Employers be Forced to Pay for Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Employers are being forced to pay for that insurance, which is being forced to cover contraception. The inclusion of a middleman changes nothing whatsoever about the blatant immorality of this mandate.
    Immorality? Is reducing the number of abortions immoral in your book too?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •