View Poll Results: What is your opinion when Obama is compared to Ghandi and Mandela?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama is above Ghandi and Mandela

    1 2.94%
  • Obama is on par with Ghandi and Mandela

    1 2.94%
  • Obama is below Ghandi and Mandela

    5 14.71%
  • Comparing Obama to Ghandi and Mandela is an insult to Ghandi and Mandela

    27 79.41%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Obama and Ghandi? wow that's a stretch ...

    may be a lil physical resemblance here and there .... but apart from that, nah not a thing.



  2. #32
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Choose to answer the poll or not. If you disagree with the question, you have the choice of not participating. The question is self evident and is posted at the top of this thread. While your continued crying about the question asked is entertaining, it has no valid purpose as I'm not going to change the question or the associated poll.
    I disagree with the premise of the poll since no one is comparing Obama to either. You quite clearly want people to think he compared himself to those two, but it did not happen. As such the whole poll premise is fundamentally flawed. What I am pointing out is that fundamental flaw in the poll. The one you refuse to address.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #33
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I disagree with the premise of the poll since no one is comparing Obama to either. You quite clearly want people to think he compared himself to those two, but it did not happen. As such the whole poll premise is fundamentally flawed. What I am pointing out is that fundamental flaw in the poll. The one you refuse to address.
    The OP is. It's simply a poll to gauge how people perceive Obama's "movement" to the two gentleman mentioned previously.

  4. #34
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I disagree with the premise of the poll since no one is comparing Obama to either. You quite clearly want people to think he compared himself to those two, but it did not happen.
    I've explained my motives in this thread. Making more and more accusations as me personally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    As such the whole poll premise is fundamentally flawed. What I am pointing out is that fundamental flaw in the poll. The one you refuse to address.
    I do not address it because discussing the structure of the poll, or what you see is a flaw is not the purpose of the poll. It's ignored because it's irrelevant. You're opinion of this poll has been noted. Anything else?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #35
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I see you haven't voted yet... care to? Or shall I brace myself for yet more complaints?
    Perhaps if you added true options rather than made up ones we could vote. The article you quoted was misleading as well as your options.

  6. #36
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I disagree with the premise of the poll since no one is comparing Obama to either. You quite clearly want people to think he compared himself to those two, but it did not happen. As such the whole poll premise is fundamentally flawed. What I am pointing out is that fundamental flaw in the poll. The one you refuse to address.
    Well, I am glad that you at least admitted that Obama did not deserve the nobel prize.

  7. #37
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Do you see Obama on the same level as Ghandi and Mandela?




    Obama Likens Himself To Gandhi And Nelson Mandela | RealClearPolitics
    Obama did not compare himself to Gandhi or mandela.......and neither do most people.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #38
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I've explained my motives in this thread. Making more and more accusations as me personally?

    I do not address it because discussing the structure of the poll, or what you see is a flaw is not the purpose of the poll. It's ignored because it's irrelevant. You're opinion of this poll has been noted. Anything else?
    So basing the whole premise of a poll on misleading information is now irrelevant? Good luck selling that one...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #39
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Last Seen
    06-17-12 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    415

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    I don't really remember the last time that Obama led a progressive liberation movement...

  10. #40
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Oh, come on, people. He's absolutely comparing what he's trying to do as President to what Ghandi and Mandela did, so in that sense, yes, yes he IS comparing himself to them.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •