View Poll Results: What is your opinion when Obama is compared to Ghandi and Mandela?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama is above Ghandi and Mandela

    1 2.94%
  • Obama is on par with Ghandi and Mandela

    1 2.94%
  • Obama is below Ghandi and Mandela

    5 14.71%
  • Comparing Obama to Ghandi and Mandela is an insult to Ghandi and Mandela

    27 79.41%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 101

Thread: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
    I don't see where he compared himself to Gandhi or Mandela.
    He did not. Truth does not make for a good political hack thread though.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    11-11-12 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    158

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because Paul's policies would lead to a direct destabilization of the world. Paul seems to think it's still the 17th century.
    How do you figure his policies would lead to a direct destabilization of the world?

  3. #23
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    He did not. Truth does not make for a good political hack thread though.
    Truth doesn't make for good misdirection and distraction of a thread either.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #24
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because Paul's policies would lead to a direct destabilization of the world.
    Paul seems to think it's still the 17th century.
    That's a mighty big assumption
    Really? Any reasoning behind that claim? I believe the laws he adheres to came along a bit later.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Truth doesn't make for good misdirection and distraction of a thread either.
    So you can show where he actually compared himself to either Ghandi or Mandela? You have yet to do so. You have in fact avoided addressing the fact that he does not do so, even though it has been pointed out by more than one of us. Ironically, your post here seems to be misdirecting and distracting from the actual point, which is that Obama did not make such a comparison.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you can show where he actually compared himself to either Ghandi or Mandela? You have yet to do so. You have in fact avoided addressing the fact that he does not do so, even though it has been pointed out by more than one of us. Ironically, your post here seems to be misdirecting and distracting from the actual point, which is that Obama did not make such a comparison.
    This is a poll thread. I let the article speak for itself and let the poster decide if they want to vote or not. It's not my intent to prove or validate anything... I asked a question and simply want to see what the poll shows. In fact, the only thing I've done so far is to point out your whining about the thread.

    You've shown you don't agree with the articles premise, have complained about the title of the thread, and have whined loudly about how I have avoided facts.... laughable all around. I see you haven't voted yet... care to? Or shall I brace myself for yet more complaints?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #27
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    I don't know if you guys just can't read, but at no point did he compare himself to either person. All he said was that difficult things most often take time to work out, and he cited their tremendously difficult campaigns as proof. If he compared the benevolence of the work or the impact it had, you'd be onto something... alas, he didn't and as usual republicans are way off base.

    Can you guys do anything right?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #28
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Niether, though Obama's proposed policies would do more for peace than Paul's.
    Like sending drones to kill people and assassinations and troop surges and outsourcing torture?

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    This is a poll thread. I let the article speak for itself and let the poster decide if they want to vote or not. It's not my intent to prove or validate anything... I asked a question and simply want to see what the poll shows. In fact, the only thing I've done so far is to point out your whining about the thread.

    You've shown you don't agree with the articles premise, have complained about the title of the thread, and have whined loudly about how I have avoided facts.... laughable all around. I see you haven't voted yet... care to? Or shall I brace myself for yet more complaints?
    That is not what your poll questions asks. Maybe you should go back and read what you asked. Let me help:

    What is your opinion when Obama is compared to Ghandi and Mandela?

    Do you see Obama on the same level as Ghandi and Mandela?
    You offered up a misleading story along with that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama = Ghandi, Mandela?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not what your poll questions asks. Maybe you should go back and read what you asked. Let me help:



    You offered up a misleading story along with that.
    Choose to answer the poll or not. If you disagree with the question, you have the choice of not participating. The question is self evident and is posted at the top of this thread. While your continued crying about the question asked is entertaining, it has no valid purpose as I'm not going to change the question or the associated poll.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •