View Poll Results: What do you think gun control should be like?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let everyone have a gun

    26 26.53%
  • Quick background check to purchase and carry

    28 28.57%
  • Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry

    12 12.24%
  • Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.

    19 19.39%
  • Background check, waiting period, no carrying

    5 5.10%
  • No guns at all

    8 8.16%
Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1275

Thread: Guns

  1. #951
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just a note. In places like Chicago and DC is where the call for stricted gun control is the loudest. Urban folks want gun control much more tha rural people.
    Lots of sheep ruled by power hungry farmers

  2. #952
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    yes, criminals can't buy guns. that's why all gun-dealers should have a sign stating this. that way, we can prevent criminals from buying guns.

    and we could get rid of drug addiction if people had to get a prescription to buy cocaine since only pharmacies could sell it

  3. #953
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Lots of sheep ruled by power hungry farmers
    Just a fact, and if you ever catch atown hall with residents speaking, youing find they don't like all the guns in the area. Agian, just a fact. Name call them all you want. It doesn't change the facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #954
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just a fact, and if you ever catch atown hall with residents speaking, youing find they don't like all the guns in the area. Agian, just a fact. Name call them all you want. It doesn't change the facts.

    I couldn't care less what castratis want. That they are either too stupid to understand that their idiotic laws don't stop criminals (proven by Chicago's outrageous rates of murder etc) or too afraid to be men and make personal safety an individual responsibility

  5. #955
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I couldn't care less what castratis want. That they are either too stupid to understand that their idiotic laws don't stop criminals (proven by Chicago's outrageous rates of murder etc) or too afraid to be men and make personal safety an individual responsibility
    Seems to me both sides seem to think their extreme will magically stop crime. I say both of you are wrong. But, that's another issue. Here I just noted an oddity.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #956
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Guns

    Monday should be fun. I have to go interview an inmate and I can't even bring in a pen. They actually make me take the staples out of my files. I am going to feel as naked as a jaybird.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #957
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and we could get rid of drug addiction if people had to get a prescription to buy cocaine since only pharmacies could sell it
    well, this is the Libertarian position on drugs.

  8. #958
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Monday should be fun. I have to go interview an inmate and I can't even bring in a pen. They actually make me take the staples out of my files. I am going to feel as naked as a jaybird.
    Wow. Is he considered unstable or is he so detestible that they worry someone will kill him?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #959
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Wow. Is he considered unstable or is he so detestible that they worry someone will kill him?
    No guns inside the jail is SOP. No pens or staples is a new one on me.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #960
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I know very little about military style weaponry. Well, except for the C.I.W.S. but that's another story.

    Attachment 67123772
    R2-D2! Not much good in civilian life, though - at least I don't know of any applications.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •