View Poll Results: What do you think gun control should be like?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let everyone have a gun

    26 26.53%
  • Quick background check to purchase and carry

    28 28.57%
  • Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry

    12 12.24%
  • Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.

    19 19.39%
  • Background check, waiting period, no carrying

    5 5.10%
  • No guns at all

    8 8.16%
Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1275

Thread: Guns

  1. #861
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why are you afraid to give an honest answer? If there were no guns in America - NOT A SINGLE ONE - how many gun killings would we have each year in the USA?

    anyone?


    More stupidity. You go from saying if the right didn't exist there would be no guns to pretending there could be a society where guns disappeared. Of course if there were NO guns there would be no gunshot deaths just like saying if there was no cancer no one would die of cancer

    but that pie in the sky assumption has no merit. Guns are all over this world and the last I checked the USA is the only one with a second amendment. Mexico has tons of guns

    so you are changing the parameters and you are being dishonest about it

  2. #862
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Why would I answer this? It's a hypothetical and a useless one at that, there is no un-inventing the gun, in the absence of a gun there are millions of potential alternative weapons available, humans die fine without being shot. You don't know **** about the subject so I refuse to let you try to control the conversation.
    Then prove me wrong and answer the question.

    What are you afraid of?

    I strongly suspect that you already know the answer and dare not walk down that alley.

    So prove me wrong. Answer the question.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #863
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yes it is.
    wrong. VERY wrong.

    List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    try again.

  4. #864
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    More stupidity. You go from saying if the right didn't exist there would be no guns to pretending there could be a society where guns disappeared. Of course if there were NO guns there would be no gunshot deaths just like saying if there was no cancer no one would die of cancer

    but that pie in the sky assumption has no merit. Guns are all over this world and the last I checked the USA is the only one with a second amendment. Mexico has tons of guns

    so you are changing the parameters and you are being dishonest about it
    I never said that.

    Why are you so afraid to answer a simple question?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #865
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why are you impotent to answer the question?

    If there were no guns in America - not a single one - how many gun killings would we have in the USA each year?


    That is a stupid question that has no relevance to reality

    You are trying to pretend that the only reason why there are guns in this nation is due to a right you despise

    that has been proven false by the fact that other countries have tons of guns and no second amendment

  6. #866
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,669

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You miss the point. Please answer the question and I will explain why this is crucial.
    Perhaps I am missing the point as it appears you are missing mine as well.

    I think I understand what you are getting at. And I will play along. I am all about trying to get along.

    Obviously, if there was never a gun/weapon/firearm created there would be no gun/weapon/firearm casualties. I'm sorry, but "Duh?"

    What's next? What's your point. School me bro.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #867
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That is a stupid question that has no relevance to reality

    You are trying to pretend that the only reason why there are guns in this nation is due to a right you despise

    that has been proven false by the fact that other countries have tons of guns and no second amendment
    But it does. Why are you impotent or afraid to answer one simple question?

    If there were no guns in America - not a single one - how many gun killings would we have each year in the USA?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #868
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Then prove me wrong and answer the question.

    What are you afraid of?

    I strongly suspect that you already know the answer and dare not walk down that alley.

    So prove me wrong. Answer the question.
    Why should I entertain you? The obvious answer is none, but since that isn't possible it's a very stupid question so then I turn it around and ask YOU. Why would you disarm the law abiding in a world where guns are prevalent? Which is what you are arguing for.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #869
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,811

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Perhaps I am missing the point as it appears you are missing mine as well.

    I think I understand what you are getting at. And I will play along. I am all about trying to get along.

    Obviously, if there was never a gun/weapon/firearm created there would be no gun/weapon/firearm casualties. I'm sorry, but "Duh?"

    What's next? What's your point. School me bro.
    thank you.

    And if there was but one gun in America. How hard would it be to keep track of that one single gun and make sure it was not involved in a crime?

    What about just one gun in each state where we knew where it was? How hard would that be to keep track of and make sure it was not used illegally?

    Now where is the tipping point gentlemen? Where is the tipping point where we go from being able to control this and where we have significant amounts of collateral damage like we did with Columbine, with Virginia Tech with Ohio and with too many other places to list?

    Where is the tipping point gentlemen?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #870
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    On the other hand Switzerland has one of the lowest rates in the world. Care to guess what their gun laws are?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 87 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •