View Poll Results: What do you think gun control should be like?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let everyone have a gun

    26 26.53%
  • Quick background check to purchase and carry

    28 28.57%
  • Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry

    12 12.24%
  • Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.

    19 19.39%
  • Background check, waiting period, no carrying

    5 5.10%
  • No guns at all

    8 8.16%
Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1275

Thread: Guns

  1. #471
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    A broken clock is right twice a day. Don't read too much into it. For a person who claims to be pro-2nd you sure don't demonstrate a very good grasp of it. If you don't want to be called out bring something better than the hackery I've seen. I don't care what you "think" about the subject, I care about what the more informed know.
    You have been utterly impotent to cite one single thing that I have been wrong about regarding the Second Amendment.

    Are you now going to rise to the occasion? Or will you continue to engage is silly personal attacks because you wrongly perceive me as the enemy?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #472
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You have been utterly impotent to cite one single thing that I have been wrong about regarding the Second Amendment.

    Are you now going to rise to the occasion? Or will you continue to engage is silly personal attacks because you wrongly perceive me as the enemy?
    Don't take things the wrong way. I've been skipping over your posts because I know you are wrong. I just don't feel like dealing with the headache of getting into the dance again. You are wrong.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #473
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,552

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You were impotent then and are impotent now to find one factual thing wrong with any position I took in that thread. I never advocated any laws regarding guns, gun owners, gun rights or the Second Amendment.

    Instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks upon me because of your own twisted and false perceptions of my opinions, why don't you have the intellectual integrity to use them in a quote and engage in honest debate?

    the dishonesty was the idiotic claim that crime victims are the "heroes" of the second amendment. That claim will rank forever as one of the most putrid ever seen on this board

  4. #474
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Don't take things the wrong way. I've been skipping over your posts because I know you are wrong. I just don't feel like dealing with the headache of getting into the dance again. You are wrong.
    This is amazing watching you continue to post YOU ARE WRONG but are utterly impotent to find one thing that I am factually wrong about. You claim to be such a expert on this topic of the Second Amendment. So go and tell me what I am factually wrong about.

    But you have been proven impotent to do so and even now you admit you cannot do it because you do not even have the good sense nor intellectual integrtity to read what you claim you are passing judgment upon. That is a pretty sorry excuse for debate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #475
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,552

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This is amazing watching you continue to post YOU ARE WRONG but are utterly impotent to find one thing that I am factually wrong about. You claim to be such a expert on this topic of the Second Amendment. So go and tell me what I am factually wrong about.

    But you have been proven impotent to do so and even now you admit you cannot do it because you do not even have the good sense nor intellectual integrtity to read what you claim you are passing judgment upon. That is a pretty sorry excuse for debate.

    Wrong-lets see

    1) claiming to be pro second amendment while trying to saddle upon everyone of us who supports the right, the blood of dead children

    2) pretending that our rights are what cost those victims their lives

    3) pretending that but for our right TKBA there would be less murders

  6. #476
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    This is amazing watching you continue to post YOU ARE WRONG but are utterly impotent to find one thing that I am factually wrong about. You claim to be such a expert on this topic of the Second Amendment. So go and tell me what I am factually wrong about.

    But you have been proven impotent to do so and even now you admit you cannot do it because you do not even have the good sense nor intellectual integrtity to read what you claim you are passing judgment upon. That is a pretty sorry excuse for debate.
    See, I read about a sentence and got bored. You really want me to put more time into this? Because if I have to correct every mistake you've made I promise to make it embarrasing.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #477
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the dishonesty was the idiotic claim that crime victims are the "heroes" of the second amendment. That claim will rank forever as one of the most putrid ever seen on this board
    Do you know the difference is OPINION and FACT Turtle? It is my opinion that these three youngsters were indeed heroes of the Second Amendment and should be memorialized as such. They paid the ultimate price. We honor slain innocents in the tradition of Columbine with their memorial, Virginia Tech with theirs, Oklahoma City with theirs, the Pentagon with theirs, and NY City with theirs. And that only scratches the surface.

    Why are you against memorializing the slain innocents.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #478
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    See, I read about a sentence and got bored. You really want me to put more time into this? Because if I have to correct every mistake you've made I promise to make it embarrasing.
    If you think you are able, by all means do.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #479
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Wrong-lets see

    1) claiming to be pro second amendment while trying to saddle upon everyone of us who supports the right, the blood of dead children

    2) pretending that our rights are what cost those victims their lives

    3) pretending that but for our right TKBA there would be less murders
    1- I never did that.
    2- I never said that. Where are you getting this from. Quote me please.
    3- If there were no cars, would there be less traffic deaths?

    Again, you as a self proclaimed "pure good" advocate are impotent to discuss this subject with any intellectual objectivity. If you cannot see that something on balance can come out on the positive side but still have problems and negatives, that is something that is beyond debate with a person who holds such extremist views.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #480
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,552

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Do you know the difference is OPINION and FACT Turtle? It is my opinion that these three youngsters were indeed heroes of the Second Amendment and should be memorialized as such. They paid the ultimate price. We honor slain innocents in the tradition of Columbine with their memorial, Virginia Tech with theirs, Oklahoma City with theirs, the Pentagon with theirs, and NY City with theirs. And that only scratches the surface.

    Why are you against memorializing the slain innocents.
    and that opinion is why I call you anti second amendment

    Its akin to someone saying "Jews are all money grubbing Scrooges" and then denying that one is anti semitic.

    and slain innocents are not "heroes" of the second amendment



    they are VICTIMS of CRIME

Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •