Let everyone have a gun
Quick background check to purchase and carry
Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry
Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.
Background check, waiting period, no carrying
No guns at all
Are you coming to bed?
I can't. This is important.
Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD
Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.
I've been mostly reading in this discussion rather than posting. As I look at the poll I notice that very few people voted for no guns at all. I have to ask why?
2. They have many sporting uses that are nontrivial.
3. They work for personal protection if you are trained etc.
4. They are allowed by our culture and basic law, the 2nd Amendment essentially put a limit on their use, be a member of a Militia, but that's it.
5. You'll make a huge number of non criminals into criminals.
6. You'll put a huge number of people out of work.
If I think about a bit more I could come up with more reasons, but I bet I'll get some help.
I think shotguns, some rifles, and a few pistols only need a quick check. Semi-automatics (incl revolvers) need a background check. Basically, if you want to take more than two or three shots at once you should be checked out.
Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-04-12 at 03:56 PM.
Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg
The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.