View Poll Results: What do you think gun control should be like?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let everyone have a gun

    26 26.53%
  • Quick background check to purchase and carry

    28 28.57%
  • Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry

    12 12.24%
  • Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.

    19 19.39%
  • Background check, waiting period, no carrying

    5 5.10%
  • No guns at all

    8 8.16%
Page 18 of 128 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1275

Thread: Guns

  1. #171
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It would depend on the size of her hands. One thing some women hate about Glocks is the fat grip, due to the double-column magazine. Women with small hands often find them difficult; but this can usually be overcome with sufficient extra training. A 125 pound woman whose hands were of, say, slightly larger than average size would have no problems.

    Most women I know that shoot Glock 9mm find the weapons recoil and weight very manageable.

    The 19 is often the more popular choice, as it is a bit shorter (length and height) and therefore more concealable, but it is the same thickness with the same "fat grip".

    Hope that helped a bit...
    women can handle pretty much any firearm a man can,only exceptio is smith and wesson .500 which most men cant even handle.its recoil and most women can handle it its just they are usually scared of it,but its not overwhelming!

  2. #172
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,800

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Sure we can agree, but ex-cons should not be carrying around an unpaid debt for the rest of their lives. If they have paid their debt, then it should be considered paid- completely. Alot of ex-cons can't get a decent job, and are never trusted again for their entire lives. This is a failure of the justice system, and imo, a grave failure affecting those who have done their time. Don't get me wrong- I'm a justice-minded person. I support the death penalty and hard time for hard crime, but what we are doing is obviously not working, either for law-abiding citizens or for the ex-cons.
    We agree. I also believe that the system needs to change and America needs to be on board with that. Non-violent druggies have been proven to have lower recidivism rates if they go have real drug rehab as opposed to straight incarceration, and it is less expensive. I also don't agree with mandatory sentencing laws.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    Might there be a better gun for the detective to use.
    Used to be the case that most detectives, male or female, went with a Smith and Wesson J-frame revolver, 5 shot, .38 special caliber.

    Nowadays more likely to be the similar but lighter Airweight, or LadySmith, in the same caliber, with a tritium front sight (glows in the dark), or a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm in the compact configuration.

    The Smith and Wesson M&P is HUGE with the real front-line pros these days. Well, I mean hugely popular, not physically huge.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #174
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    It would depend on the size of her hands. One thing some women hate about Glocks is the fat grip, due to the double-column magazine. Women with small hands often find them difficult; but this can usually be overcome with sufficient extra training. A 125 pound woman whose hands were of, say, slightly larger than average size would have no problems.

    Most women I know that shoot Glock 9mm find the weapons recoil and weight very manageable.

    The 19 is often the more popular choice, as it is a bit shorter (length and height) and therefore more concealable, but it is the same thickness with the same "fat grip".

    Hope that helped a bit...
    I am probably pretty close to your description of the woman with the slightly larger than average hands, and low weight, but physically strong for my size. It's pretty difficult for me to handle a 9mm at all (cocking it), and would be especially so under duress. Although they are boring and un-sexy, I prefer a .38 revolver any day of the week, lol.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #175
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Guns

    FOr those of you that want no guns at all or long wait periods etc explain to me how you are helping law abiding citizens?

    Banning guns or making it hard to get them does nothing but takes the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens while the criminals keep theirs, you basically punish and endanger good citizens while you empower criminals. Ill never understand how anybody thinks it will help/be better. Please explain your logic if you think this way.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I am probably pretty close to your description of the woman with the slightly larger than average hands, and low weight, but physically strong for my size. It's pretty difficult for me to handle a 9mm at all (cocking it), and would be especially so under duress. Although they are boring and un-sexy, I prefer a .38 revolver any day of the week, lol.
    If you have trouble chambering (cocking the slide) on a Glock there's a technique or two I could show you that would prolly help....


    Nothing wrong with a good old 38 snubbie though, stone reliable they are.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #177
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    If your character has small hands, she'd probably be a lot happier with a weapon with a slimmer grip, like the Kel-tec 9mm, or maybe that single-stack Glock (I forget model #)
    Thank you I asked about a Glock because someone recommended that brand to me. I will look up Kel-tec 9mm.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  8. #178
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    We agree. I also believe that the system needs to change and America needs to be on board with that. Non-violent druggies have been proven to have lower recidivism rates if they go have real drug rehab as opposed to straight incarceration, and it is less expensive. I also don't agree with mandatory sentencing laws.
    I don't agree with imprisoning non-violent drug offenders at all, especially if their only crime is possession or use.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #179
    OWL Forever
    katiegrrl0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at the computer
    Last Seen
    07-07-17 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    4,121

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Used to be the case that most detectives, male or female, went with a Smith and Wesson J-frame revolver, 5 shot, .38 special caliber.

    Nowadays more likely to be the similar but lighter Airweight, or LadySmith, in the same caliber, with a tritium front sight (glows in the dark), or a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm in the compact configuration.

    The Smith and Wesson M&P is HUGE with the real front-line pros these days. Well, I mean hugely popular, not physically huge.
    I'm trying to stick with an automatic. I need the sound the click or whatever it's called. LOL A novice with guns. Not a bad author. But this is the beginning of research.
    The flame that is between us could set every soul on fire. I would love to take that heat and let's fill the whole world with desire.
    Sophie B. Hawkins

  10. #180
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    I'm trying to stick with an automatic. I need the sound the click or whatever it's called. LOL A novice with guns. Not a bad author. But this is the beginning of research.
    try going to a local gunclub they will most likely let you fire many guns in a controlled environment and let you see whats right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •