View Poll Results: What do you think gun control should be like?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let everyone have a gun

    26 26.53%
  • Quick background check to purchase and carry

    28 28.57%
  • Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry

    12 12.24%
  • Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.

    19 19.39%
  • Background check, waiting period, no carrying

    5 5.10%
  • No guns at all

    8 8.16%
Page 110 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1275

Thread: Guns

  1. #1091
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's a beautiful, warm, clear day today....I wonder how many anti-gun nuts I'll be carrying my .45 around, when my boys and I go to the park here in a little bit. Wouldn't it be great if I happened across a few anti-gunners talking about how 'dangerous' it is to carry a firearm 'around all those children'.....never realizing that the guy chasing his kids on the slide is packing heat.
    Make sure its not a state or federal park dude. You'll be in trooooouuubbbbllleee lol.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #1092
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    glad we agree.
    Eh, perhaps we agree on certain general principles, but the devil is in the details.

    A lot of your argument has been about straw purchase of multiple guns for sale illegally in states/cities where guns are heavily restricted.

    My point is that those cities and states often have very high crime rates. Not all, NYC is an exception in recent years, but most (Chicago, DC, etc) do. Those are the places a law-abiding citizen needs the right to carry a gun the most, and is most often denied that right.

    Turtle has already said that if someone buys multiple guns from a legal dealer, the ATF is informed of the purchase.

    So why isn't the ATF arresting a lot more of these gun-runners that make the straw purchases and transport the guns to another state? There was a study done back in the 90's that revealed that of hundreds of thousands of NICs rejections of felons trying to buy guns from a dealer, there were only a few dozen charges filed and I think SEVEN convictions.

    One has to wonder if the problem isn't the laws on legal purchasing, but rather a lack of competent enforcement when there is evidence of wrongdoing?

    Studies have shown that shall-issue CCW DOES reduce certain types of crimes. In states where shall-issue CCW is implemented, criminals tend to shift away from crimes that involve confronting potentially-armed citizens directly, to crimes-of-property that avoid such confrontation... such as stealing unattended cars rather than carjacking a vehicle that is occupied. I'd think anyone would see this as a positive, if it reduces your chances of being directly confronted by a violent criminal (not to mention making it easier to level the playing field with your own weapon IF you are confronted anyway).

    Personally I think THAT is the single most important change that needs to be made to aid in the safety of folks who live in Chicago, Detroit, DC and other high-crime urban areas. That, and competent enforcement of existing laws that are intended to convict black-market straw purchasers.

    To impede on a Constitutional RIGHT, a law must meet certain requirements. An overwhelming necessity for it to serve the public safety is one, and the utility should be proven and not merely assumed.... that it will impede the evildoer vastly more than the honest citizen is another.

    If we as a society want to tighten up on straw purchase and black-market guns, we need to do so in a way that will truly make things VERY difficult for the criminal while at the same time impeding the honest citizen very little if at all.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #1093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Only for those who think it is a good idea to let outsiders have any say in telling us how to run our own country.
    what are you talking about?

    I'm talking about international data regarding murder rates. what you're talking about? who knows.

  4. #1094
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    what are you talking about?

    I'm talking about international data regarding murder rates. what you're talking about? who knows.


    International data on murder rates reveals some interesting things.

    It reveals quite plainly that those nations with the highest murder rates, FAR beyond the USA's rate, are typically
    Very poor
    Have corrupt or ineffective gov't
    Are beset with tribalism, factional violence or drug cartels.

    Gun control doesn't appear to be a decisive factor at all in international crime rates. The three items I listed above make the difference between civilization and hell-on-earth.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    If by "provided evidence to the contrary" you mean found the first agreeable data to your argument even though it's not a totally legit source and you **** out a premise from there. Sure, why not....
    the United Nations isn't a good source of data for international crime rates?

    how's that work?

  6. #1096
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    then this law in Va would not have effected you one bit.

    however, if your occupation is buying lots o' guns in Virginia and selling them to pimps & thieves in NYC, your occupation just got a lot easier.
    i just dont think you get it,a pimp is not going to spend around $500-$1000 dollars to buy a pistol plus pay a man to smuggle it and the smuggler would still have it on record he purchased that gun,most gun shops keep those records.


    austria is the firearm counterfeit capitol of the world,they make guns there that you could never tell were fake except the fact that they dont have any distinct stamps or markings a legal gun would.brazil comes in at a number 2 and brazillian guns can easily be smuggled in the same ways drugs are.when i was in cali the skinhead kkk guys would make their own ak-47s by hand and quite often they sell them for cheap,since they were made of old pipes and stamped metal and pretty much good for a couple of magazines before they would jam up but they were going to throw them out anyways,why would any criminal hang on to evidence of a crime?
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #1097
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Make sure its not a state or federal park dude. You'll be in trooooouuubbbbllleee lol.
    In SD we can carry in national parks

  8. #1098
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In SD we can carry in national parks
    South Dakota has special Federal laws..just for them?

  9. #1099
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    South Dakota has special Federal laws..just for them?
    dont know about sd but in texas our state parks and national forests are by park to park basis on rules.i know the one in houston allows hunting and target shooting so not allowing to carry would be pointless.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  10. #1100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    South Dakota has special Federal laws..just for them?
    A quick Google...

    New law allows loaded guns in national parks - US news - Life - msnbc.com

    Basically, the Fed allows loaded firearms in national parks. However, you have to also be able to carry in that state where the Federal park is located.

    I have both in SD, and so I can carry a loaded firearm to Mount Rushmore, for example.

    However, the park I mentioned earlier is just a city park, tho it's quite large and popular.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •