View Poll Results: What do you think gun control should be like?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let everyone have a gun

    26 26.53%
  • Quick background check to purchase and carry

    28 28.57%
  • Quick background check to purchase, but more difficult to carry

    12 12.24%
  • Background check, waiting period for purchase and carrying.

    19 19.39%
  • Background check, waiting period, no carrying

    5 5.10%
  • No guns at all

    8 8.16%
Page 104 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1275

Thread: Guns

  1. #1031
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,274

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    no gun law can be honestly judged until its uniform around the country, or at least in a region of the country.
    So like idk? Right to Carry seems to be pretty uniform and working well. 3 Day waiting periods are pretty uniform and seem to be pointless. Would you like me to continue? Ammo, 21 and up, felony checks, bueler...bueler...

    Most laws are pretty uniform.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #1032
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,274

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If the causal reader is wondering:
    Gun #1 was a small .38 revolver for CCW where discretion is key;
    Gun #2 was a full-size Springfield .45 auto, which has replaced my piece-of-**** Glock 9mm (which I'm now selling) as my typical carry, not made for CCW but I carry it when I don't need to care if someone notices;
    Gun #3 was a youth-stock .22 bolt action beginners rifle I and my 11 y/o shot today;
    Gun #4 is going to be what Scheels Sporting Goods calls a "Cricket", which is an even smaller stock .22 bolt-action rife for my 8 y/o;
    Gun #5 might be a civilian version of my military issued M4 or M16.
    Who did you kill and steal money from? I wish I could buy guns that fast.

    Oh...and POS Glock? My uncle has carried the same glock for 20 years as a duty weapon, I have seen one burnt up in a fire and then tested and not only does it shoot, but it still cycles rounds and everything. Just put on a glove so you don't get polymer on your hands. Did you do something to yours?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #1033
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,274

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no problem providing my ID when I buy a firearm.
    Me either. I keep 3 picture IDs in my wallet at all times lol. I have used my concealed license to get into a club before lol.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #1034
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no problem providing my ID when I buy a firearm.
    i never get why id cards are such an argument.my cousin had been unemployed and on meth since he was 8 years old,(the meth part since 8 no unemployed).never held a job and most of the time got himself arrested just so he had food and shelter.about 5 years ago after years of requests to leave the area where his drug buddies were,he finally got a judge that let him leave cali and hes been drug free ever since.

    point is though even when he was just as poor as those living under a bridge he had an id card.most states have a system that allows a state id with picture to be issued with minimal proof.some states like cali even had loopholes where people could get them for free,granted he got his through getting arrested for brewing meth and the state wanted to know who he was.i guess the pint is if nsomeone can afford to buy thunderbird wine everday they can afford a ten dollar id card fee,or jus make the states give those who cant afford them id cards.

    another stupid pet peeve of mine is people arguing that guns are bought legally then smuggled across state lines and sold illegally.last i checked all studies they had on the subject were what the atf guesses those guns came from,since if they were illegl,tyhe serial number would have been filed off.great policy lets make laws based off what we assume,its like saying i dont have a damn clue but lets punish everyone to make sure.it may have changed innthe last few years but last i checked mopst guns used in crimes were made in austria brazil russia china and mexico.thats right if we can smuggle cocai in what makes you thinkm guns cant be smuggles in.why the hell would someone pay top dollar to smuggle weapons from state to state legally purchased when austria counterfeits them and can sell an ak-47 after manufacture and smuggleling costs for $150 or a imitation glock for $50,it doesnt matter to them they are going to use it and throw it in the dumpster anyways.

  5. #1035
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Who did you kill and steal money from?
    My job pays pretty good, but the guns weren't that expensive. The Springfield had the highest price-tag at $950 with 100 rounds of target load and 20 rounds of silver-tipped hollow point for my carry load (I don't carry extra ammo normally). If the store had the laser site I wanted they could have separated me from even more money.

    The cheapest was the .22 rifle at $190, and a box of 500 rounds was pretty cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Oh...and POS Glock? My uncle has carried the same glock for 20 years as a duty weapon, I have seen one burnt up in a fire and then tested and not only does it shoot, but it still cycles rounds and everything. Just put on a glove so you don't get polymer on your hands. Did you do something to yours?
    The Glock just feels like a chunk of plastic carved out to resemble a 2x4, and the angle of the grip is awkward.
    Last edited by Jerry; 03-10-12 at 12:59 AM.

  6. #1036
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Guns

    btw jerry has your unit offered a m-4 for sale yet?when i was in afghanistan my unit offered for 800 bucks,(bout the same cost as a plain m-4 in texas)an m-4 with magazine a gold plated unit insignia the year in afghanistan and an acog scope.

  7. #1037
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    don't have to?

    you make a baseless claim, I counter it with evidence to the contrary, and you refuse to read such evidence?

    wow, that's really intelligent.
    If by "provided evidence to the contrary" you mean found the first agreeable data to your argument even though it's not a totally legit source and you **** out a premise from there. Sure, why not.

    Again, I found articles and compilations of real and uniform data, guess you missed that part huh?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #1038
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    btw jerry has your unit offered a m-4 for sale yet?when i was in afghanistan my unit offered for 800 bucks,(bout the same cost as a plain m-4 in texas)an m-4 with magazine a gold plated unit insignia the year in afghanistan and an acog scope.
    They're offering a Colt pistol, but it looks terrible.

  9. #1039
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,367

    Re: Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    They're offering a Colt pistol, but it looks terrible.
    thats terrible we got offered the m-4's.i turned mine down because i can buy one in texas for $800 dollars withot the unit insignia of the unit im not very proud to serve under,infact if any unit spelld potg mine did.

  10. #1040
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Guns

    For a Springfield XD, I can find green lasers that fit on the rail and red laser grips, but I'm looking for a green laser grip....and no one has it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •