View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #541
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Perhaps you should have kept reading what I said and not got stuck on one statement.

    Nice divert from the intellectual dishonesty of the 'faithful' to calling someone a dumbass. That's real 'christian' of you.
    More strawman and completely irrelevant.

    So please don't try and use that tired "Oh how Christian of you" because coming from someone like you, it really means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #542
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Of the possible choices, his teachings most closely resemble Liberalism. But none are adequate, since they're political.

    I do know that if he returned today, the Cons would crucify him again.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    More strawman and completely irrelevant.
    If pointing out that you missed something is a strawman, perhaps it is time for a refresher via google.

    So please don't try and use that tired "Oh how Christian of you" because coming from someone like you, it really means nothing.
    I did not try to use it. I did use it. And it doesn't matter who it comes from, your actions justify it.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #544
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yes, of course, it is a 'truth' you 'know'. All based on 'faith' but not fact or science.
    interesting. and yet it is you here who has already admitted that his theory fails application to the scientific method (namely, that results contradict your hypothesis). and it is I who am so far standing on facts.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    and it is I who am so far standing on facts.
    If your definition of 'facts' is:

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill
    he proceeded to produce unexplainable miracles capped by rising from the dead and then continuing to interact with people for two millenia.
    Then as I suggested before, it is a waste of time to discuss religion with the 'faithful'.

    It goes noted that there was no attempt by anyone of 'faith' to answer as to how their faith is the 'true' one, or what real proof there is of miracles or god. Have a nice day.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #546
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    If pointing out that you missed something is a strawman, perhaps it is time for a refresher via google.
    I missed nothing you said. Even re-posted your own statement to show it was a strawman. Keep bloviating though, it looks good on you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I did not try to use it. I did use it. And it doesn't matter who it comes from, your actions justify it.
    Well if being a hypocrite is your forte, go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #547
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Like I said to cpwill, have a nice day.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #548
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    If your definition of 'facts' is:
    that is incorrect. the eyewitness testimonies that have survived in textual form are evidence, certainly, are not themselves supporting facts. their existence is factual, and to say that they claim that Jesus performed many unexplainable miracles is factual, but they themselves are merely evidentiary. If you want to know the facts that I stand on, it is the same that I base everything else on - my experience. I know that Jesus exists for the same reason that I know that my little brother exists - because I have a relationship with Him and interact with Him regularly.

    your argument, however, is based upon the assumption that all there is is myth, which would require that all of us claiming to have met and interacted with God are insane, on the order of a man who claims to be a baked potato, or who claims that the government has implanted a receiver in his brain to let aliens track his movements. Your later adjusted argument that it was all childhood-era brainwashing does not account for adult conversion, as you yourself admit, but your ironclad, evidence-free, factless (one might say, your "faith-based") assumption that we are all somehow crazy remains in place. odd, that, from a guy so interested in proof.

  9. #549
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Like I said to cpwill, have a nice day.
    Happy Easter.

  10. #550
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Happy Easter.
    I will have a good sunday.

    btw, if you ever happen to catch any of your interactions with god on video, please share the video with us.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •