View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #531
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Or is it just the normal diversion from questions that ask about real evidence of all the faith based stuff?
    well, run it through a key assumptions check: what are your key assumptions here?

  2. #532
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well, run it through a key assumptions check: what are your key assumptions here?
    You spin good. The key assumptions that I see you and others making, is that there is a God, and Jesus was the son of god sent down to earth. That he performed miracles. Yet nobody has any empirical evidence to back such assumptions.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #533
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You spin good. The key assumptions that I see you and others making, is that there is a God, and Jesus was the son of god sent down to earth.
    that is incorrect - that is not an assumption I make

    one assumption I do make is that I am not actually insane.

    what is an assumption you make?

  4. #534
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    If you were raised from early childhood with religion, you might well be.
    My home was semi religious Catholic. I then became a pagan, and moved on to full blown atheist. Years later as a middle aged adult I was called back into the ministry. So no, your assumption would be wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    But no, I ignored your response because it did not warrant a response. Do you, or anyone else, have empirical evidence that this jesus person performed 'miracles'? That there is a god? That your god is real while the gods of every other religion are false? Empirical, not feeling, or faith.
    Nice strawman. Here is your post that I responded to...

    That's about like: Many people wrote and talked about a boy named Harry Potter. Let's see some proof he does not exist. - Arbo

    So my belief or whether or not Jesus was able to preform miracles or is the literal son of God was and is not the issue. You said Jesus was as fictional a character as Harry Potter. I then presented evidence from Roman historians of the time who are not Christians and avowed well educated atheists like Dawkins, who admit Jesus most likely existed.

    You can dodge and run, but you can't hide from your own words.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-06-12 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #535
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yeah, sure.
    So have I.

  6. #536
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is incorrect - that is not an assumption I make
    Yes, of course, it is a 'truth' you 'know'. All based on 'faith' but not fact or science.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I then presented evidence from Roman historians of the time who are not Christians and avowed well educated atheists like Dawkins, who admit Jesus most likely existed.
    Well, I always assume 'most likely' to be hard core scientifc data.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #537
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Well, I always assume 'most likely' to be hard core scientifc data.
    So you are still going to ignore the Roman historical records of the time? So I can assume outside of a strawman, you got nothing again.

    Keep shucking a moving. It is funny to watch you dance and bring intellectual dishonesty to a new level, hehehe.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-06-12 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is funny to watch you dance and bring intellectual dishonesty to a new level, hehehe.
    As I already said, as a human that person may have existed. So what? That does not make him 'son of god'. It is funny you would bring intellectual dishonesty into a discussion about religion, ironic really.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #539
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    As I already said, as a human that person may have existed. So what? That does not make him 'son of god'.
    You said he was no more real than Harry Potter. The rest as I said is strawman, and completely irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    It is funny you would bring intellectual dishonesty into a discussion about religion, ironic really.
    Well that's OK. At least I don't look like a dumbass making stupid remarks about things I know little about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #540
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You said he was no more real than Harry Potter. The rest as I said is strawman, and completely irrelevant.



    Well that's OK. At least I don't look like a dumbass making stupid remarks about things I know little about.
    Perhaps you should have kept reading what I said and not got stuck on one statement.

    Nice divert from the intellectual dishonesty of the 'faithful' to calling someone a dumbass. That's real 'christian' of you.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •