View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So you are superior to the argument because you are you. That is not an argument.
    The invalidity of an argument rests on the argument itself. Not me. Know what you're talking about. o wait, you probably don't.

    Arguments.
    No one faces significant risk to face in an actual debate. I don't have to defend my person from your argument.

    The problem isn't that I can't because I can and have in the past. The problem is I put out a starting point to a debate and instead of debating with me you decide to scream at me and call me names. I have no reason to further the debate at that point since I am not actually in one.
    On the internet, no one can hear you scream.
    but seriously... over that five pages in that other thread your syntax degenerated to the point I thought you may be on sleeping pills.

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    The invalidity of an argument rests on the argument itself. Not me. Know what you're talking about. o wait, you probably don't.
    The invalidity of an argument has to be shown.

    No one faces significant risk to face in an actual debate. I don't have to defend my person from your argument.
    No, but in order to claim to be involved in a debate you have to defend your stance.

    On the internet, no one can hear you scream.
    but seriously... over that five pages in that other thread your syntax degenerated to the point I thought you may be on sleeping pills.
    So we are back to the beginning to talk about your inabilities.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    If Jesus Christ were alive today, would he be a liberal, conservative, or something else? Why?

    HE would have no human political inclinations whatsoever.... Some Things Some Beings are above and beyond that.

    My 2 cents.

  4. #314
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    That the government taxation is theivery?
    I'm not sure did they say anything congruent with political reality?
    Political reality =/= logical debate. The question posed to you, which you seem to persist in avoiding an honest discussion of, is what is the difference between you holding me at gunpoint and taking my money, or the government holding me at gunpoint, taking my money, and giving it to you. This discussion is about logic and reason, not political reality. Political reality is dependent on politicians buying votes, which has nothing to do with ethics.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The invalidity of an argument has to be shown.
    Oh...... theyre so obvious... I guess you mustve thought I was making fun of you.



    No, but in order to claim to be involved in a debate you have to defend your stance.
    I never issued any stance... I parried yours. Am I countering your arguments or defending mine in order to debate? Please decide.

    So we are back to the beginning to talk about your inabilities.
    Sorry, you broke down in that thread... I gave you a thumbs up and told you to have your trophy and left that place.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Political reality =/= logical debate. The question posed to you, which you seem to persist in avoiding an honest discussion of, is what is the difference between you holding me at gunpoint and taking my money, or the government holding me at gunpoint, taking my money, and giving it to you. This discussion is about logic and reason, not political reality. Political reality is dependent on politicians buying votes, which has nothing to do with ethics.
    1) The government is not an individual the analogy is invalid
    2) the government is part of a social contract that establishes law order and civilization, the analogy is invalid
    3) the government drafts the laws and enforces them that you may not be robbed in the first place.

    You cannot make an analogy between the public burden of taxation
    and some psychotic vision where the government robs your money and gives it to me personally.

    You're actually willing to even visualize that your money is taken by you at gun point and then given to another less worthy individual through the government?

    If this is true the political problem in this country is far more grave than I ever expected.
    Wait.... no....
    about as bad as I thought.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Oh...... theyre so obvious... I guess you mustve thought I was making fun of you.
    This is turning into the last time I talked to you.

    I never issued any stance... I parried yours. Am I countering your arguments or defending mine in order to debate? Please decide.
    In the talk we were having you very much did have a stance. Do you honestly forget what it was?

    Sorry, you broke down in that thread... I gave you a thumbs up and told you to have your trophy and left that place.
    Nope. You just decided you wanted out and pretended to not understand me any more.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    This is turning into the last time I talked to you.
    Syntax... again.

    In the talk we were having you very much did have a stance. Do you honestly forget what it was?
    That I had a right to education, healthcare, a vote, etc... and that anyone who attempted to deny me of these rights would either meet the force of the government and if the government failed they would undoubtedly meet the force of the people. Oh.. yeah... and that magical faeries in the sky dont provide rights. Am I close to knowing what my own stances are?

    Nope. You just decided you wanted out and pretended to not understand me any more.
    Sorry, when the debate doesn't go the way you want you become stubborn and sour.

    It was one of those.... "OOOOOOOOOOOkaaaaaay...." moments where you step back and walk away. Plenty of pages of you refusing to come down off your coud.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 03-04-12 at 12:03 AM.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    1) The government is not an individual the analogy is invalid
    It doesn't need to be an individual for the analogy to be valid. It merely has to be.

    2) the government is part of a social contract that establishes law order and civilization, the analogy is invalid
    The social contract is and was constituted so to enable them to develop in the idea of liberty. Law can only have the domain of force of justice. Government is the collective organization of the individual right to lawful defense of rights and liberties. If you answered the question you thought was invalid you would know the answer to everything, like I said. But do what you always do and think that everything I say is invalid and not worth note.

    3) the government drafts the laws and enforces them that you may not be robbed in the first place.
    This is a ridiculous and dangerous idea that is only drafted out of ignorance. It is saying the law enforcer itself does not have to keep the law. Saying that the law permits the state to lawfully engage in actions which, if undertaken by individuals, would land them in jail. It is a idea that has lead to people being killed around the world by their governments. An idea that if you ever actually thought about it you would reject.

  10. #320
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    If taxation were applied to benefit each citizen equitably, your point might be valid. As it stands, taxation does not benefit everyone to the same extent. Taxation should pay common expenses of the governed (defense, education, commerce regulation, and other common benefits of government). The taxation system that we currently have takes from one for the benefit of another. That is theft, it's just that the government is taking the money from me to give to another rather than the other holding me at gunpoint.
    All of this can be debated, but this thread isn't a tax debate thread

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •