View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Umm what? First, what in the hell are you talking about, and second, how does that answer my question? I asked you what government IS, NOT how it functions or if you understand how it functions.
    ...5th grade civics... most people are able to refer to what government is relatively accurately, I'm sorry my answer doesnt satisfy your radicalism or your empty question.


    Money is property.
    No its not...
    How about a vapid trap question: "what is money?"

    I never said I wanted to print my own money nor does that have anything to do with it. Why is it that every time I talk to you all I get is emotion and strawmen?
    What emotion? And quote a strawman if you think you can craft one out of the convo so far.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    ...5th grade civics... most people are able to refer to what government is relatively accurately, I'm sorry my answer doesnt satisfy your radicalism or your empty question.
    You didn't answer the question which is the problem. My question actually answers everything if you would actually answer the question.


    No its not...
    How about a vapid trap question: "what is money?"
    Money is the commodity used in the market to be used as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts. The definition of money does NOT prove it is not property. In fact, it does the opposite.
    Last edited by Henrin; 03-03-12 at 06:44 AM.

  3. #273
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    We will outgrow our ability to meet demand without any natural stops in place. We already have mass food production and distribution, but with the methods we've used to increase production, we've lost quality. Only in your opinion.. IMO, the quality is higher than ever.The quality of foods most people eat today is poor compared to just 100 years ago. The problem is, far too many sheeple choose a poor quality diet. Our education system needs reform.

    The other problem is that with everyone being adequately fed, and guaranteed a subsistent life, they will keep breeding more mouths to feed, and human lifespans are increasing. We could easily outgrow our capacity to produce.
    The same people who eat well are prosperous and have fewer children. This is overt infomation...

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 09:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    By the authority of a sovereign government.

    Because if you started collecting taxes from people and your not the government your expropriating money from people... illegally. What's so hard about this.

    They have no moral authority.. oh wait they do, they are the government and they govern and collect taxes as people have since the origin of organised society.
    Your reasoning seems to be circular:

    Q: How can people in government be exempt from "Thou shalt not steal"? A: Because they're in the government.

    Just repeating "because they're the government" sheds no light on WHY you believe these people are able to steal while you and I are forbidden from doing so.

    You've got to dig a little deeper. WHY are certain people (the government) allowed to legally steal, while stealing is illegal for you and me? What gives certain people the ethical authority to govern and collect taxes, while others lack this power?

  5. #275
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Something else.

    Staunch pro-life advocate, fiscally responsible, encourages militant warfare when necessary - always with the effort to win, but opposes violence in general. Supports freedom and individuality as well as creativity but expects those born with certain issues to just suffer.
    Classic Conservative/Republican here.

    However
    Supports those who even don't believe in him, believes all children are born good, anti-discrimination, pro-free education for all, willing to sacrifice self and others for sake of own salvation, believes cross cultural communication is key in life
    Classic Liberal/Democratic views.
    Its logical that Jesus would be "pro life", but, TTBOMK, during the days of Jesus, there was no such thing as forced abortion, nor was there rights for women and minorities....
    The purpose of Jesus was to show the people that God exists, he did not go into politics, etc.
    Potato ,IMO, is the correct answer.

    Our society must be balanced, including the politics...Too much conservatism or liberalism are not good...Liberitianism is for the 1%, better yet, the 0.01%.

  6. #276
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Sadly, it's a little reflecting of this place when I see so many replying in the affirmative: "liberal."
    IMO, the people here speak the truth...Jesus did set the example as to how people should live - ideally..
    In reality, we must be balanced, conservatism is not evil, it is the brake that Progression needs..

  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Libbos would label him as a homophobe and an Islamophobe.

    Oh, and a warmonger, too.
    In truth, we do not.
    Its amazing that two men can look at the same thing and draw such opposite conclusions.
    Obviously, liberals are closer to the truth, in my opinion..

  8. #278
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    It happens to print the money... I dont think it needs to steal anything.
    If you had even the most fundamental grasp of the concept of inflation, you would know that it is stealing, in every sense of the word.
    Ben Bernanke is an unelected official who with almost zero consequential oversight can produce as much money as he wants, for any reason he wants.
    Printing money does not increase the wealth of a society, it redistributes it. Every dollar printed devalues your bank account. In the past 10 years we've
    lost 30% of the value of the dollar, and you claim this is not stealing? Very naive.


    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    I would request evidence of the US stealing from it's citizens.
    - Inflation, which we've covered
    - Taxation, which we've also covered
    - Eminent domain (where the government can seize any property for just about any reason from private citizens, and pay them less than market value)
    - The theft of our freedom to a trial (Thanks Obama and Bush)

    I can go on, but I did not limit my argument to the American government, surely you wouldn't need any examples of foreign governments stealing from the people.

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    "Money is property"
    No its not...
    How about a vapid trap question: "what is money?"
    Money is directly your property, because it is the product of the sweat of your brow (Or maybe in your case the sweat of your parents' brows).
    Your labor and every bit of your property are attached to a monetary value, and this monetary value is manipulated and contorted to benefit the politicians and the well connected rich.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centinel View Post
    Just repeating "because they're the government" sheds no light on WHY you believe these people are able to steal while you and I are forbidden from doing so.

    You've got to dig a little deeper. WHY are certain people (the government) allowed to legally steal, while stealing is illegal for you and me? What gives certain people the ethical authority to govern and collect taxes, while others lack this power?
    Centinel, I don't think his 5th grade civics teacher has told yet him why he believes what he believes.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 03-03-12 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 09:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Centinel, I don't think his 5th grade civics teacher has told yet him why he believes what he believes.
    Good point, my rabid friend. If one believes that some people (the government) may legally steal with impunity, while this activity is illegal (and unethical) to the rest of us normal people, one ought to have a ready explanation for such an ethical contradiction.

    And no, "because they are the government" is not a thorough explanation.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,014

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    people were the same in the middle ages or previous times ,because they used to know the fact 'money'.

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •