View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #211
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Conservative Jesus:

    actually, the funny thing is, that's actually Liberal Jesus

    now if you want a Conservative fellow in the New Testament, then you are looking for the kind of guy noted for being more generous than others, but doing it personally as opposed to waiting on a government program to do it on his behalf. Such a person would have the kind of individual initiative and grit to not only seek out and take on the harder cases, but would likely be the kind of person to be personally very successful, and capable of supporting his private charitable work. He would join with other private individuals to take care of others, and utilize the profit motive where applicable to get them to do so.

    Someone like this guy.

  2. #212
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    actually, the funny thing is, that's actually Liberal Jesus

    now if you want a Conservative fellow in the New Testament, then you are looking for the kind of guy noted for being more generous than others, but doing it personally as opposed to waiting on a government program to do it on his behalf. Such a person would have the kind of individual initiative and grit to not only seek out and take on the harder cases, but would likely be the kind of person to be personally very successful, and capable of supporting his private charitable work. He would join with other private individuals to take care of others, and utilize the profit motive where applicable to get them to do so.

    Someone like this guy.


    Your capacity for self-delusion is very impressive!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    I think Christ was beyond profit motive... please don't much it up with your Satan bound ideology.

  4. #214
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    I think Christ was beyond profit motive... please don't much it up with your Satan bound ideology.
    Satan bound? Really?

    This guy is clearly beyond reason, guys. Don't bother arguing with him.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    Satan bound? Really?

    This guy is clearly beyond reason, guys. Don't bother arguing with him.
    There happened to be a dash of comedy in my post. But please, relax.
    Eye of the needle and the rich and all.

  6. #216
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    There happened to be a dash of comedy in my post. But please, relax.
    Eye of the needle and the rich and all.
    Couldn't tell. Ever hear of Poe's Law?

    Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    Couldn't tell. Ever hear of Poe's Law?
    All is well, hang around. we'll get to know eachother.

  8. #218
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    All is well, hang around. we'll get to know eachother.
    Gladly. No hard feelings.

  9. #219
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    No wonder you oppose libertarianism, if that's what you think it is. Strawman.
    so the existence of massive poverty next to massive wealth is not justified by right wing Libertarianism?

  10. #220
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    actually, the funny thing is, that's actually Liberal Jesus

    now if you want a Conservative fellow in the New Testament, then you are looking for the kind of guy noted for being more generous than others, but doing it personally as opposed to waiting on a government program to do it on his behalf. Such a person would have the kind of individual initiative and grit to not only seek out and take on the harder cases, but would likely be the kind of person to be personally very successful, and capable of supporting his private charitable work. He would join with other private individuals to take care of others, and utilize the profit motive where applicable to get them to do so.

    Someone like this guy.
    Left wing Libertarians and anarchists don't expect the government to do anything for them either... They believe in voluntary societies, and that's more or less how I view Jesus. He didn't comment on government or politics... and why should he? If everybody actually followed and lived by his philosophy, government wouldn't be necessary for the very reasons modern Conservatives argue it is necessary.

Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •