View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    No wonder you oppose libertarianism, if that's what you think it is. Strawman.
    Did you just get one of those too?

  2. #202
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,664

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    I think he would probably piss himself laughing at how stupid we were and then change some water into wine and drown his sorrows

  3. #203
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    As of yet you haven't expressed any 'point' as you haven't said anything logically valid.
    I apologize if you don't possess any. The point is Hatuey's claim about Milton Friedman's influence on massacres across the world is completely unsubstantiated and implicitly ignores the opposing ideologies that influenced the leaders responsible for the most egregious human tragedies in the 20th century.

    I never made that claim. What assertion, I never made any, I was asking you to explain why Hatuey's statement was wrong. Now you are assigning his statement to me because you couldn't make valid arguments about communism.
    You asked what's wrong with it and defended it. I replied that there is no evidence for it and is dishonest on it's face. You have continued to evade it while failing to make any point of your own.

    Somehow I feel more people died to German fascism though. As if shrugging off 'total deaths' to communism makes a case for looking over capitalism's transgressions in the first place.
    I won't quote the death totals that resulted from the policies in China and the Soviet Union, I'm sure you know them. I'm not making a case for ignoring the abuses of capitalism. I'm asking which ones Hatuey attributes to Milton Friedman and the Chicago school of economics.

    Well 'Communism' 'Stalinism' and 'Maosim' are not massacres in any way they're political regimes or ideologies.
    Yeah, no ****. Hatuey never said free-market capitalism was a massacre; this statement is just more of your irrelevant semantics. Do you have a point you're trying to make?
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  4. #204
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Conservative Jesus:

    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody1447 View Post
    I apologize if you don't possess any.
    Sorry, try again. You. are. not. even. forming. correct. sentences. Am I getting across?

    The point is Hatuey's claim about Milton Friedman's influence on massacres across the world is completely unsubstantiated and implicitly ignores the opposing ideologies that influenced the leaders responsible for the most egregious human tragedies in the 20th century.
    Why would an 'opposing ideology' even have to do anything with a discussion on milton friedman? Something tells me it's to deflect flak from the fact that capitalism, imperialism, and fascism are responsible for more death, atrocity, and slavery. By the way. I don't even care about milton friedman.

    You asked what's wrong with it and defended it. I replied that there is no evidence for it and is dishonest on it's face. You have continued to evade it while failing to make any point of your own.
    Correct, I am not making a point, I was wondering what the **** yours was.

    I won't quote the death totals that resulted from the policies in China and the Soviet Union, I'm sure you know them.
    Don't worry, do I know them.
    I'm not making a case for ignoring the abuses of capitalism.
    Yes, abusing those nations that eventually went communist, and then continuing to do so.

    I'm asking which ones Hatuey attributes to Milton Friedman and the Chicago school of economics.
    Perhaps they arent attributed to, but substantiated by milton.

    Yeah, no ****. Hatuey never said free-market capitalism was a massacre; this statement is just more of your irrelevant semantics. Do you have a point you're trying to make?
    How is it irrelevant if you can't form a cogent sentence?

  6. #206
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Why would an 'opposing ideology' even have to do anything with a discussion on milton friedman? Something tells me it's to deflect flak from the fact that capitalism, imperialism, and fascism are responsible for more death, atrocity, and slavery. By the way. I don't even care about milton friedman.
    Fascism? It's generally accepted that Stalin and Mao killed far more people than Hitler ever did.
    Capitalism? It's also common knowledge that all of the above decried capitalism.

  7. #207
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    86,462

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Conservative Jesus:

    So, doctors are supposed to be living gods, with healing powers and work for free?

    Incredible!!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #208
    Skeptical Optimist
    Rhapsody1447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Seen
    09-20-17 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Correct, I am not making a point
    Glad we finally got that out of the way. You're just here to make noise in a pathetic attempt to defend the failures of your ideology.

    Something tells me it's to deflect flak from the fact that capitalism, imperialism, and fascism are responsible for more death, atrocity, and slavery.
    Moving the goal posts is your strategy then, gotcha. Once again you fail to connect Hatuey's statement about Milton Friedman and the Chicago school of economics with imperialism and fascism. Since you can't seem to find any evidence for your wild attacks against capitalism I'll make it easy for you.

    Here is the 20th century: The worst genocides of the 20th Century
    Here is pre-20th century: http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.TAB2.1A.GIF, http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.TAB2.1B.GIF

    Why would an 'opposing ideology' even have to do anything with a discussion on milton friedman?
    Don't worry, do I know them.
    Perhaps they arent attributed to, but substantiated by milton.
    How is it irrelevant if you can't form a cogent sentence?
    Right, and you accuse me of not making sense.
    Last edited by Rhapsody1447; 03-01-12 at 04:11 PM.
    "There is an excellent correlation between giving society what it wants and making money, and almost no correlation between the desire to make money and how much money one makes." ~Dalio

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Last Seen
    09-01-12 @ 08:09 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Something tells me it's to deflect flak from the fact that capitalism, imperialism, and fascism are responsible for more death, atrocity, and slavery.
    Capitalism, imperialism, and fascism, eh?

    I can see imperialism and fascism, since they are both based upon the initiation of violence. But capitalism?

    From the wiki page on capitalism: There is general agreement that elements of capitalism include private ownership of the means of production, creation of goods or services for profit or income, the accumulation of capital, competitive markets, voluntary exchange and wage labor.

    I'm unclear on how any of these elements are responsible for death, atrocity, or slavery, or more importantly what alternative would not involve death, atrocity, or slavery.

  10. #210
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,535

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    If Jesus Christ were alive today, would he be a liberal, conservative, or something else? Why?
    Jesus explicitly avoided being connected with the political movements of his day. I imagine that wouldn't change.

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •