View Poll Results: Which of these political leans would Jesus be?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    58 47.15%
  • Conservative

    14 11.38%
  • Moderate

    10 8.13%
  • Potato

    41 33.33%
Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 562

Thread: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

  1. #141
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    All he had to do was show how they would less responsible with his ideas and be better off. You can get people to buy into anything if you offer them less responsibly.
    Dude, being a labor worker in 19th century Europe was not fun at all. And this really hasn't much to do with responsibility.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  2. #142
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Dude, being a labor worker in 19th century Europe was not fun at all. And this really hasn't much to do with responsibility.
    Of course it was. Everything was better before unions, Marxism and Keynesian economics you socialist bitch.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-29-12 at 10:50 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There is very little cuter than Libertarians who think Jesus is anything like them.

    Seriously my children, Jesus was the guy who said "feed the poor" not "**** the poor".
    22 liberals think Jesus was for a strong central government. That is pretty damn cute if you ask me.

    And Jesus like libertarians are for charity to help to such ends.

    I'm not saying he was libertarian at heart, but you are doing a piss poor job of showing otherwise.

  4. #144
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Of course it was. Everything was better before unions, Marxism and Keynesian economics you socialist bitch.
    At least the kids were off the streets and had no time to do all those immoral things they do today.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  5. #145
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    22 liberals think Jesus was for a strong central government.
    No. 22 liberals think Jesus would have been a liberal. Learn to use logic instead of straw man arguments.

    That is pretty damn cute if you ask me.
    We have different definitions of cuteness. I find Libertarians politically irrelevant but realistically cute.

    And Jesus like libertarians are for charity to help to such ends.
    Sure he was. He also told his followers to sell their possessions, feed the poor and remove themselves from pursuit of material wealth.

    I'm not saying he was libertarian at heart, but you are doing a piss poor job of showing otherwise.
    I don't debate straw man or silly arguments. Sorry?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #146
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    At least the kids were off the streets and had no time to do all those immoral things they do today.
    If anybody deserves to be stuck to a cross and crucified, it's Milton Freedman. That dirty bastard and the Chicago school of economics have been used to justify massacres across pretty much every continent. However, all the little Libertarian kids just like him cause it's cool to read his books when you're in your 20s. Once you get out into the real world, it's a completely different story.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #147
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If anybody deserves to be stuck to a cross and crucified, it's Milton Freedman. That dirty bastard and the Chicago school of economics have been used to justify massacres across pretty much every continent. However, all the little Libertarian kids just like him cause it's cool to read his books when you're in your 20s. Once you get out into the real world, it's a completely different story.
    For me, it was the opposite. I read Marx in my teens and later found the real world is different.

    But of course you're right, it's easy to talk about "responsibility" when you're not in need. And when you are denied all other options besides pestilence and cholera, it's more than understandable that you will attempt to change the rules of the game. Freedom can't fill your belly.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    Dude, being a labor worker in 19th century Europe was not fun at all. And this really hasn't much to do with responsibility.
    You are only helping my point. The fact that it was not fun and they were looking for a way out only allows him an opening. The fact is he used this to his ends so does anyone else that is offering less responsibility.

  9. #149
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You are only helping my point. The fact that it was not fun and they were looking for a way out only allows him an opening. The fact is he used this to his ends so does anyone else that is offering less responsibility.
    What exactly is "responsible" about a small elite denying a large share of the population any kind of participation in their society?
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  10. #150
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Would Jesus be a Liberal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Google corporate welfare.
    Um, libertarians oppose corporate welfare...

    You're aware of this, right?

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •