things that have been kept the same:
- warrantless wiretaps
- Patriot Act
- opposition to gay marriage
Bush policies that Obama expanded:
- Bush increased spending on health (Medicare part D), Obama added Obamacare
- Bush cut taxes, Obama cut them further
- Bush increased spending, Obama increased it further
- Bush supported policies that led to the mortgage meltdown, Obama kept those policies and added an $8K tax credit
- Bush bailed out the banks, Obama supported that and bailed out GM and Chrysler
There are examples of Obama reversing Bush's policies. I applaud him for ending waterboarding, but for the most part, Obama kept Bush's most hated policies and expanded them in some cases. His two biggest policy initiatives (ARRA & Obamacare), are anything but policy reversals. We're still going the same direction, only much faster. Bush was Obama Light.
Edit: I also applaud Obama for repealing DADT. I'm glad that he supports nuclear energy, supports ending corporate tax loopholes and reducing the nominal rate, and supports cutting military spending, but those things haven't materialized yet.