Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 166

Thread: Is Obama THAT bad?

  1. #111
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,100

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    I have no idea what that means.
    you have to live in the middle east to understand it.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,649
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    In a country which relies heavily on business, industry, and capitalism in order to pay its bills and fund all the social programs/interests, here and around the world, that we do fund historically, yes, he's that bad. The last thing that a country like the USA needs, is one that is anti-capitalism and anti-business. Even Bill Clinton had enough sense to understand which side of the bread was buttered.
    This is all opinion, of course, not fact.
    I fail to see any real examples of "anti-business".
    And regulating business is not "anti-business".

  3. #113
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,524

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    The conservative base portrays Obama as an "Anti-Christ" figure practically. Why is this? I personally don't find Obama to be half as bad as he is portrayed to be.
    For the same reason many who leaned right didn't understand why the liberal base portrayed Bush as an "Anti-Christ" figure practically.

    When the guy in power tends to lean more in your ideological direction than the other way it becomes harder to understand why the other side hates him so. This isn't new.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    In fact, I would wager to you that within 10 years of today's date that stupid MAGA hat will be registered as a symbol of hate on par with a Swastika.

  4. #114
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    For the same reason many who leaned right didn't understand why the liberal base portrayed Bush as an "Anti-Christ" figure practically.

    When the guy in power tends to lean more in your ideological direction than the other way it becomes harder to understand why the other side hates him so. This isn't new.
    You've got it all wrong, CHENEY was the anti-Christ.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    The conservative base portrays Obama as an "Anti-Christ" figure practically. Why is this? I personally don't find Obama to be half as bad as he is portrayed to be.
    It's what the right does. It's how they try to win elections. They know Democrat policies appeal to the masses so they rely on fear to try to scare the public into voting for the Republican candidate. Pepper in fringe issues like Democrats will murder your babies and how gay marriage will make homosexuality acceptable and they have all their bases covered with fear and Conservatives running to the polls.

  6. #116
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,429

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's what the right does. It's how they try to win elections. They know Democrat policies appeal to the masses so they rely on fear to try to scare the public into voting for the Republican candidate. Pepper in fringe issues like Democrats will murder your babies and how gay marriage will make homosexuality acceptable and they have all their bases covered with fear and Conservatives running to the polls.
    Oh, right. And Democrats don't try to scare people with, say, images of old people being thrown over cliffs. And that's the mild, penny-ante stuff.

    Criticizing the practice? Totally fair. Pretending your side is lily-white? Partisan hackery.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,030

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, right. And Democrats don't try to scare people with, say, images of old people being thrown over cliffs. And that's the mild, penny-ante stuff.

    Criticizing the practice? Totally fair. Pretending your side is lily-white? Partisan hackery.
    The efforts against social security are coming from where exactly?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, right. And Democrats don't try to scare people with, say, images of old people being thrown over cliffs. And that's the mild, penny-ante stuff.

    Criticizing the practice? Totally fair. Pretending your side is lily-white? Partisan hackery.
    Finding exceptions that break the rule doesn't help the image of the right who portray Liberals as anti-christs regularly. And by more main stream players than the obscure one you linked.

  9. #119
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,429

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Finding exceptions that break the rule doesn't help the image of the right who portray Liberals as anti-christs regularly. And by more main stream players than the obscure one you linked.
    All this shows is that you don't notice what your own side does. So, yeah, partisan hackery.
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Finding exceptions that break the rule doesn't help the image of the right who portray Liberals as anti-christs regularly. And by more main stream players than the obscure one you linked.
    Idiots or fools maybe, anti-Christ is going a bit far.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •