Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 166

Thread: Is Obama THAT bad?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    I would like to clarify that I did not mean my statement literally. Although there were a few that took their dislike for Obama that far, I used it as a hyperbole.
    So...I can safely consider this a troll bait thread.

    Thanks for clearing that up.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #92
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    So the best thing you can say about obama is he's "not that bad", LMAO.
    I'll take "not that bad" compared to the Gop candidates any day of the week! Who wants the repeat of the Bush policies the GOP promises???
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #93
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'll take "not that bad" compared to the Gop candidates any day of the week! Who wants the repeat of the Bush policies the GOP promises???
    Ron Paul doesn't wanna repeat Bush's policies, but Obama IS repeating Bush's policies. Bush increased spending and cut taxes. Bush didn't reform Fannie and Freddie or reinstate Glass Steagal, and Obama isn't doing that either. Then there's the Patriot Act, Gitmo, warrantless wiretaps, etc.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  4. #94
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Ron Paul doesn't wanna repeat Bush's policies,
    We are talking about people that could actually win the GOP nomination. The majority of Republicans think Ron Paul is nuts.


    but Obama IS repeating Bush's policies. Bush increased spending and cut taxes.
    Bush increased spending on the military and started two wars. Do you think Obama should have withdrawn all troops from both of the Bush wars immediately upon taking office. He's already ended the GOP war in Iraq, and is winding down the war in Afghanistan and has called for cuts in military spending.

    The Gop candidates are calling for increased spending on the military.

    Bush cut taxes for the rich. President Obama cut taxes for the working class, and has proposed eliminating the tax cuts for the rich.


    Bush didn't reform Fannie and Freddie or reinstate Glass Steagal, and Obama isn't doing that either.
    Fannie and Freddie didn't cause the financial crisis, and check out H.R. #1489 to reestablish the separation between investment banks and commercial banks.

    Then there's the Patriot Act, Gitmo, warrantless wiretaps, etc.
    No difference from the viable GOP candidates. The only hope to address those is add to the Democratic support in congress to end them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #95
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    So...I can safely consider this a troll bait thread.

    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Not at all. Just because I used a hyperbole to draw in people to my thread does not make it troll bait. Since you are the first person to even bring it up, I assume that you are bitter because of the argument and are looking for ways to discredit it.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,851

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    Not at all. Just because I used a hyperbole to draw in people to my thread does not make it troll bait. Since you are the first person to even bring it up, I assume that you are bitter because of the argument and are looking for ways to discredit it.
    LOL!!!

    No, dude...I'm not bitter at all. Hey, I gave my on-topic response already. That's enough for me.

    Regardless, almost all of your posts in this thread have been designed to fan the flames. Sounds like troll-bait to me.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #97
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,042

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    not worse than bush.........

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    not worse than bush.........
    But not as good as Hillary would have been.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    How is it ridiculous and offensive to point out that the conservative base portays Obama to be horrible? It is merely an observation
    It is ridiculous and offensive when you say this:

    "The conservative base portrays Obama as an "Anti-Christ" figure practically. Why is this? I personally don't find Obama to be half as bad as he is portrayed to be."

    It's like saying the liberal base portrays Christians as haters of homosexuals, "practically."

    There are numerous conservatives who don't view Obama as the "Anti-Christ," so trying to say they do, "practically," is a huge lie.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Obama THAT bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    So...I can safely consider this a troll bait thread.

    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Indeed it is but it's not been taken care of.

    If I made a short OP like this with similar inflammatory remarks it'd undoubtedly be flushed.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •