View Poll Results: Can the Federal Government force a business to violate the owners religion?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 7.84%
  • No

    45 88.24%
  • Yes - but only if, like, it's, like, totally anachronistic, and stuff, like, cmon, man, stop whining

    2 3.92%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 165

Thread: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

  1. #111
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    I fully support the business owner, having the right to discriminate, against pork.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Wouldn't not selling pork to non muslims because of your religious beliefs be discrimination?
    If you have pork in your store and refuse to sell it to non-Christians, that's discrimination. If you don't stock pork, then it's not discrimination. Discrimination has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Wouldn't not selling pork to non muslims because of your religious beliefs be discrimination?
    Jewish butchers don't sell pork to Christians either.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    If you have pork in your store and refuse to sell it to non-Christians, that's discrimination. If you don't stock pork, then it's not discrimination. Discrimination has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
    It absolutely is discrimination.
    You're choosing not to sell something based on religious preference.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It absolutely is discrimination.
    You're choosing not to sell something based on religious preference.
    Your being silly. Refusing service to black people in a store is not the same as not selling kosher hot dogs.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Your being silly. Refusing service to black people in a store is not the same as not selling kosher hot dogs.
    your analogy is totally screwed up.

    if someone has kosher hot dogs in stock, but refuses to sell them to Jews, that would be discrimination.

    if someone has NO kosher hot dogs, because he is a Christian and doesn't believe in acknowledging kosher food rules, that's his damn right.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    your analogy is totally screwed up.

    if someone has kosher hot dogs in stock, but refuses to sell them to Jews, that would be discrimination.

    if someone has NO kosher hot dogs, because he is a Christian and doesn't believe in acknowledging kosher food rules, that's his damn right.

    If someone refuses service to an individual based on race, sex, religion, or national origin it is discrimination. In some states they throw in sexual orientation.

    If you don't carry Halal food that is not discrimination.

    This isn't hard to understand.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    If someone refuses service to an individual based on race, sex, religion, or national origin it is discrimination. In some states they throw in sexual orientation.

    If you don't carry Halal food that is not discrimination.

    This isn't hard to understand.
    yes, if you only carry kosher food, due to your religious views, that is NOT discrimination against non-Jews.

    if you only sell Hallal food, due to the same reasons, again you are not discriminating against non-Muslims.


    ....however, if you have in stock Halaal chicken and kosher beans, but specifically don't sell such things to Jews & Muslims, then you're a dick...as you're discriminating.
    Last edited by Thunder; 02-18-12 at 07:04 PM.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin View Post
    Your being silly. Refusing service to black people in a store is not the same as not selling kosher hot dogs.
    Discrimination is not automatically racial discrimination.

    Discriminate | Define Discriminate at Dictionary.com
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    03-30-12 @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Force Muslim Grocers to Carry Pork

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Discrimination is not automatically racial discrimination.

    Discriminate | Define Discriminate at Dictionary.com
    If you don't seve someone because of race its racial discrimination. These aren't hard concepts.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •