View Poll Results: Make the Deal?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 41.07%
  • No

    33 58.93%
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 243

Thread: Bargain With Iran

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    At best the evidence for Israeli nukes is old (1975, 1986), which could mean that Israel may or may not still have usable nukes. Hence why I was talking about them bluffing. So I remain skeptical, which is not a big deal.
    All other things aside... Why the holy hell would they give them up if they had them?

  2. #192
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    All other things aside... Why the holy hell would they give them up if they had them?
    Like I said its no big deal. It really doesnt matter to me if they actually have them or not. Either way I do not support Israel anymore than I would support Iran. They both are nuts. And I do not trust nuts.

    I just think that in a small way people like to believe Israel has nukes just like people liked to believe that Iraq had WMD's. Yes I know its not exactly the same but a similar concept. So my opinion remains skeptical as I am with most things.

  3. #193
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I just think that in a small way people like to believe Israel has nukes just like people liked to believe that Iraq had WMD's. Yes I know its not exactly the same but a similar concept. So my opinion remains skeptical as I am with most things.
    From what I can see Israel doesn't especially need them anyway. I don't think anyone in the ME wants to stick their hand in the meat grinder again.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  4. #194
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogger807 View Post
    Let me get this straight..... They wanna reason with a bunch of religious fanatics. Talk them into something good for the entire world (them included) Then hope that they keep their word and not build any nukes.

    Well I can tell you from experience "reason with a bunch of religious fanatics" is an epic fail waiting to happen.
    If Iran was so crazy, why didn't they give the Arabs their chemical weapons during the various wars to wipe out Israel?

    Iran is hardly run by Religious Fanatics incapable of reasonable decisions that maintain their own power.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #195
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    The primarily problem people here have discussing Iran is that they are unable to view the world from a perspective other than their own.

    I have asked this a dozen times. And every time people run away as fast as they can:

    When has Iran's ruling regime ever risked their own necks and their own power?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #196
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    The primarily problem people here have discussing Iran is that they are unable to view the world from a perspective other than their own.

    I have asked this a dozen times. And every time people run away as fast as they can:

    When has Iran's ruling regime ever risked their own necks and their own power?
    It isn't Iran using a nuke as a country that I'm worried about. I have no doubt Iran would use those as a deterrent. But what if, for whatever reason, Manhattan goes up in a nuclear cloud someday and the material used is traced back to Iran? Then a whole, new Pandora's Box is opened and I really don't want to think about the ****storm of possibilities then. We'll be forced to respond but if Iran has nukes exactly what do you suppose that response will be? I don't think economic sanctions are going to cut it under those conditions and I'm sure Iran won't take responsibility, either. That leaves few choices and all of them really, really bad.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #197
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    It isn't Iran using a nuke as a country that I'm worried about. I have no doubt Iran would use those as a deterrent. But what if, for whatever reason, Manhattan goes up in a nuclear cloud someday and the material used is traced back to Iran? Then a whole, new Pandora's Box is opened and I really don't want to think about the ****storm of possibilities then. We'll be forced to respond but if Iran has nukes exactly what do you suppose that response will be? I don't think economic sanctions are going to cut it under those conditions and I'm sure Iran won't take responsibility, either. That leaves few choices and all of them really, really bad.
    What if Manhattan goes up in a nuclear cloud someday and the material is traced back to Pakistan, or Turkey, or North Korea, or Saudi Arabia? Have we had any attacks on the US in the past from WMD traced back to Iran?

    I think we need to be sure that we are not starting war against a people because our fears have gotten the best of us.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #198
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,044

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What if Manhattan goes up in a nuclear cloud someday and the material is traced back to Pakistan, or Turkey, or North Korea, or Saudi Arabia? Have we had any attacks on the US in the past from WMD traced back to Iran?

    I think we need to be sure that we are not starting war against a people because our fears have gotten the best of us.
    That sounds like the same arguments that were going around before 9/11. Dont worry we are safe right? And before you go all ape**** on that, I too do not think at this point there is any excuse to attack Iran. But to be sure Iran is not a peaceful nation by any stretch of propaganda.

  9. #199
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What if Manhattan goes up in a nuclear cloud someday and the material is traced back to Pakistan, or Turkey, or North Korea, or Saudi Arabia? Have we had any attacks on the US in the past from WMD traced back to Iran?

    I think we need to be sure that we are not starting war against a people because our fears have gotten the best of us.
    I think your example is too simple. It's easy to figure out. If we could identify nuclear material coming from Pakistan or NK, then obviously we go after the people responsible. We shouldn't go after Iran just because another country suddenly got retarded.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  10. #200
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    That sounds like the same arguments that were going around before 9/11. Dont worry we are safe right? And before you go all ape**** on that, I too do not think at this point there is any excuse to attack Iran. But to be sure Iran is not a peaceful nation by any stretch of propaganda.
    Would a preventative war on Saudi Arabia have stopped the 19 Saudis that attacked the US on 9/11? BTW, the US has attacked more countries than has Iran. Just sayin.....................
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •