View Poll Results: Make the Deal?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 41.07%
  • No

    33 58.93%
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 243

Thread: Bargain With Iran

  1. #131
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I've noticed that about you.
    Or facts. Or reason. Or Logic.

    The simpliest way to defend your belief in your own mind is simply not to accept that your belief could possibly be wrong under any circumstances whatsoever.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,982

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    No, we should not take such a deal with a tiny theocracy. They stop their nukes regardless of what we do. They have an obligation under a treaty they voluntarily signed and we should not have to compromise to get them to keep agreements and not pursue nuclear weapons.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #133
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    The main difference between Iran and Iraq, among other things, is that the Iranian Regime comprises of dedicated Islamic Fundamentalists, who are giving off all the signs of wanting a serious fight!
    So much so that they always resort to proxy wars?

    Iran does not want a regional conflict. But that same time they do want nukes partially for the same reason North Korea does.

    And no one here has ever pointed to a single instance where the Mullahs risked their own lives and power. Using a nuke would end their regime.

    Iran in isolation having a nuke is not a real big problem. It's everyone else in the region scrambling for one that is the real powder keg.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Iran has to be stopped and it will be stopped.

  5. #135
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No, we should not take such a deal with a tiny theocracy. They stop their nukes regardless of what we do. They have an obligation under a treaty they voluntarily signed and we should not have to compromise to get them to keep agreements and not pursue nuclear weapons.
    The problem is we cannot absolutely prove they are building warheads. And the NPT never solidly dealt with enrichment. So Iran is operating in a legal grey zone. It is a sticking point with NPT members that some of them get to enrich and some don't. Essentially China, US, France, UK and Russia get to decide who can enrich and who can't and it's pretty damn arbitrary. The only real way to get around this is to revise the NPT to clarify enrichment. One historic proposal was to have a global "pool" of enrichment where no one can explicitly enrich for themselves and all waste comes back into a central pool for accounting. Essentially it would act as a gatekeeper preventing countries who don't have nukes from acquiring the capacity to produce warheads.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    ^^^
    all will be cool don't worry obvious Child

  7. #137
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Iran has to be stopped and it will be stopped.
    Should I be surprised you have failed like the rest? I agree that Iran should be stopped, it's bad enough North Korea has nukes. The question is at what cost. Iran won't resort to a first use nuke. If they really wanted Israel gone they would have done so in the past with their historical massive stores of chemical weapons. If Iran can't even trust other Muslim nations with such chemical weapons to use them during several of the various Arab-Israeli wars, what makes you think they'd actually use a nuke? Especially since that Israel's capacity for retaliation is now at a all time high. Iran in isolation with a nuke isn't that bad. It's how others see that outcome that is the problem.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Should I be surprised you have failed like the rest? I agree that Iran should be stopped, it's bad enough North Korea has nukes. The question is at what cost. Iran won't resort to a first use nuke. If they really wanted Israel gone they would have done so in the past with their historical massive stores of chemical weapons. If Iran can't even trust other Muslim nations with such chemical weapons to use them during several of the various Arab-Israeli wars, what makes you think they'd actually use a nuke? Especially since that Israel's capacity for retaliation is now at a all time high. Iran in isolation with a nuke isn't that bad. It's how others see that outcome that is the problem.

    Trust in the West obvious Child .... please trust .... have blind faith like me!

  9. #139
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Trust in the West obvious Child .... please trust .... have blind faith like me!
    If you have nothing more to add, stop posting.

    You do not appear to understand Iran's political structure
    You do not appear to understand Iran's history
    You do not appear to understand Israel's capabilities
    You do not appear to understand the NPT
    You do not appear to understand Iran's facilities

    Why again do you think you can discuss this topic intelligently?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Bargain With Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If you have nothing more to add, stop posting.

    You do not appear to understand Iran's political structure
    You do not appear to understand Iran's history
    You do not appear to understand Israel's capabilities
    You do not appear to understand the NPT
    You do not appear to understand Iran's facilities

    Why again do you think you can discuss this topic intelligently?
    but you did not mention the word cute?????


    But you are wrong when you say I don't understand Iran capabilities, I do only too well.... and that is why they will be taken out soon!

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •