View Poll Results: Was Reagan a good president?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (explain)

    32 34.04%
  • No (explain)

    41 43.62%
  • So-so (explain)

    21 22.34%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 188

Thread: Was Reagan a good president?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    Do you really want me to take that subjective material as a reason for why he was a great president? So he made us feel good! That's great and all but the repercussions of his presidency were not as delightful as you say they are. He did nothing to do with the Middle Eastern problems which were already arising in this period. In contrast, he funded the problems! Iran was and still is goin AWOL, Afghanistan became terrorist led because of him, Saddam magically got his hands on chemical weapons and a lot of money with Reagan. I don't understand how you can see him as a great president because he smiled and made you feel good. Ivan say at least he wasn't Carter.
    Yeah, we already know about liberal whining. If you're going to bitch, you might at least you might try to be accurate about it. He left the presidency with a much better country and world, but perhaps his greatest accomplishment was rendering the left impotent for a generation. Hopefully there is another 'Reagan' waiting in the wings. We could certainly use a leader of his caliber today.

    Anyway, the drivel is pointless. History has judged Reagan and no amount of revision is going to change his legacy.

  2. #102
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Yeah, we already know about liberal whining. If you're going to bitch, you might at least you might try to be accurate about it. He left the presidency with a much better country and world, but perhaps his greatest accomplishment was rendering the left impotent for a generation. Hopefully there is another 'Reagan' waiting in the wings. We could certainly use a leader of his caliber today.

    Anyway, the drivel is pointless. History has judged Reagan and no amount of revision is going to change his legacy.
    Do you really consider that liberal whining? Just because I'm more liberal than conservative doesn't mean that I'm gonna whine. I was just pointing out that all of Reagan's "accomplishments" are subjective and that he, in no way, deserves a spot on Mt Rushmore.

    If you were to look at his objective accomplishments only, then you have nothing more than a bad economic and foreign policy president.

  3. #103
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,274

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    He belongs on Mt. Rushmore.
    Hardly. How ironic that he died from a disease that so many others died from...yet many of those died homeless because of him.

    Sorry, you don't get on Mt. Rushmore with that pathetic legacy.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Hardly. How ironic that he died from a disease that so many others died from...yet many of those died homeless because of him.

    Sorry, you don't get on Mt. Rushmore with that pathetic legacy.
    You guys have to suck it up. Reagan's greatness is why he's still being discussed to this day. It further reflects itself in the pathetic consternation (whining) of the left. Now that's a legacy. As presidents go, he is a giant among midgets and indeed history has recognized this. In the unlikely event that oppressive leftist succeed, he will be vilified - but only then.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Reagan championed the corporate socialist movement of the early 1980s which was a key first-domino in the major ramp-up of tolerating masse illegal immigration (for cheap labor for business) and off-shoring American jobs to wage-slavers.

    This domino chain led us to the current lingering recession, and it was obvious all along that something at least this bad was eventually going to happen with un-checked corporate socialism.

    Today international corporate consortiums are the new super power, at the expense of scores of millions of American citizens and their living-wage jobs ..

    .. All a direct result of Reagan's corporate socialist movement.

    Was Reagan a good president?

    Because of his championing of the corporate socialist movement, I cannot say "yes".
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    List of honors named for Ronald Reagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Extremely unusual in the modern era. A failed president. lmao!

  7. #107
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    You guys have to suck it up. Reagan's greatness is why he's still being discussed to this day. It further reflects itself in the pathetic consternation (whining) of the left. Now that's a legacy. As presidents go, he is a giant among midgets and indeed history has recognized this. In the unlikely event that oppressive leftist succeed, he will be vilified - but only then.
    Suck it up!? And your conclusion makes no sense! We still talk about Hitler and he was far from great. You are bandwagoning for Reagan which is worse than thinking he was actually a good president.

  8. #108
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Ronald Reagan had good rhetoric.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    Suck it up!? And your conclusion makes no sense! We still talk about Hitler and he was far from great. You are bandwagoning for Reagan which is worse than thinking he was actually a good president.
    I don't think he was a good president, as you suggest. I think he was a great president and I really couldn't care less what you think. Left-wing whining is not going to change Reagan's legacy. In fact I quite enjoy it and it only serves to build his stature.

  10. #110
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    I don't think he was a good president, as you suggest. I think he was a great president and I really couldn't care less what you think. Left-wing whining is not going to change Reagan's legacy. In fact I quite enjoy it and it only serves to build his stature.
    Nobody is whining! You have no argument to support why you think Reagan was great other than he made people feel good and there is a bunch of stuff named after him. I'm not even as left-wing as you think. Even better, Reagan did several things that you would probably call socialistic if Obama had done it. It's the ignorance of the right-wing that scares me.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •