View Poll Results: Was Reagan a good president?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (explain)

    32 34.04%
  • No (explain)

    41 43.62%
  • So-so (explain)

    21 22.34%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 188

Thread: Was Reagan a good president?

  1. #91
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I think Obama could rise to Ronnie's level ... If he suffered a serious stroke or a serious head wound, rendering him incapable formulating common sense economic theory or following even rudimentary ethical precepts.
    Fortunately for us that hasn't happened. Our only challenge now is finding the strength and courage to consider ourselves worthy of Obama's leadership even though we don't deserve it and don't understand it in all its various for our own good complexities...
    Caitlyn Strong...

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as opposed to taxing ourselves to prosperity?

    such claims are all Greek to me
    False dichotomy, turtle.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #93
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so edify me as to how the rich should get richer in your opinion

    I will tell you how I do. I don't spend all I make. In fact though my income has doubled in the last 10 years I spend about the same. Of course my taxes have gone up but what I don't pay in taxes and spend I invest. and that means I make more money.
    Locally, one of the owner/operator sawmills had huge fire. $4 million damage. The owner/operator had finished the bank payments three years earlier. Free and clear. 61 years old and could have taken the $4 million and moved to the Bahamas or such and lived off the investments of the $4 Million. Old enough to retire, but some 55 people were employees of the mill, he rebuilt to save those jobs, and this is a down time for timber products (housing crisis). The difference between the owner/operator and you is that he makes jobs and money. He doesn't shuffle paper to make paper profits.

  4. #94
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,607

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Locally, one of the owner/operator sawmills had huge fire. $4 million damage. The owner/operator had finished the bank payments three years earlier. Free and clear. 61 years old and could have taken the $4 million and moved to the Bahamas or such and lived off the investments of the $4 Million. Old enough to retire, but some 55 people were employees of the mill, he rebuilt to save those jobs, and this is a down time for timber products (housing crisis). The difference between the owner/operator and you is that he makes jobs and money. He doesn't shuffle paper to make paper profits.
    You have no clue what you talk about. strong the envy is in your posts

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    He belongs on Mt. Rushmore. Liberals like to bitch about him because he set them back 100 years. Much to their chagrin, Reagan's legacy remains untarnished even with the whining.

  6. #96
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    He belongs on Mt. Rushmore. Liberals like to bitch about him because he set them back 100 years. Much to their chagrin, Reagan's legacy remains untarnished even with the whining.
    What!? For what does he deserve to be placed on Mt Rushmore for? Please excuse awkward wording.

  7. #97
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,008

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    Fortunately for us that hasn't happened. Our only challenge now is finding the strength and courage to consider ourselves worthy of Obama's leadership even though we don't deserve it and don't understand it in all its various for our own good complexities...
    this is one of the most outlandish statements I have seen in awhile, unless its a sarcastic comment.

    "finding the strength and courage to consider ourselves worthy of Obama's leadership
    even though we don't deserve it and don't understand it in all its various for our own good complexities"

    Oh, I get it now, he was called the "One".
    should I get down on my knees and pray now.

    One thing is right, we didn't deserve Obama, but the damage is done.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #98
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    He belongs on Mt. Rushmore. Liberals like to bitch about him because he set them back 100 years. Much to their chagrin, Reagan's legacy remains untarnished even with the whining.
    As a figurehead, Reagan was certainly one of our greatest presidents in that his administration won the Cold War by heating up the arms race enough to finally break the economic back of the USSR and send it into dissolution.

    However, I'm not sure how much personal input he had in the decisions made by his administration, as he spent much of his presidency rehabilitating from a nearly fatal gunshot wound. What is more, he often exhibited signs of dementia during his second term.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep.
    Last Seen
    10-10-12 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    What!? For what does he deserve to be placed on Mt Rushmore for? Please excuse awkward wording.
    Probably a little easier this way.
    Reagan Administration Accomplishments 1981-1989 — The Forerunner

  10. #100
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was Reagan a good president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Do you really want me to take that subjective material as a reason for why he was a great president? So he made us feel good! That's great and all but the repercussions of his presidency were not as delightful as you say they are. He did nothing to do with the Middle Eastern problems which were already arising in this period. In contrast, he funded the problems! Iran was and still is goin AWOL, Afghanistan became terrorist led because of him, Saddam magically got his hands on chemical weapons and a lot of money with Reagan. I don't understand how you can see him as a great president because he smiled and made you feel good. Ivan say at least he wasn't Carter.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •