View Poll Results: Are Conservatives Pro-Life or Anti-Choice

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro-Life

    18 51.43%
  • Anti-Choice

    17 48.57%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

  1. #41
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbelt View Post
    Are conservatives anti-choice, or are we truly about preserving life? Which one is it? Let's get quibbling.
    Are "Liberals" anti-life or pro-choice?

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Neither. I think the issue boils down to one side being pro-abortion rights, the other side being anti-abortion rights. To put it another way, one side("pro-choice") believes abortion is a right and should be legal, the other side("pro-life") feels abortion should not be a right and should not be legal. Euphemisms aside, the division boils down to whether abortion should be legal.
    The word "pro-abortion" does not work with those that are pro-choice. The reason being is that just because you want abortion to stay legal politically it does not mean that you personally want abortion around.

    Myself on a personal level can't not understand how a person could have an abortion. But politically I believe that a person should be able to make up thier own minds based upon thier own beliefs. I understand that what I believe isn't what someone else believes. I also understand that it is wrong to force your beliefs onto other people.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #43
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The word "pro-abortion" does not work with those that are pro-choice. The reason being is that just because you want abortion to stay legal politically it does not mean that you personally want abortion around.

    Myself on a personal level can't not understand how a person could have an abortion. But politically I believe that a person should be able to make up thier own minds based upon thier own beliefs. I understand that what I believe isn't what someone else believes. I also understand that it is wrong to force your beliefs onto other people.
    Very respectable and respectful statement. I'm pro-choice, but respect what you just wrote.

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The word "pro-abortion" does not work with those that are pro-choice. The reason being is that just because you want abortion to stay legal politically it does not mean that you personally want abortion around.

    Myself on a personal level can't not understand how a person could have an abortion. But politically I believe that a person should be able to make up thier own minds based upon thier own beliefs. I understand that what I believe isn't what someone else believes. I also understand that it is wrong to force your beliefs onto other people.
    That would explain why I put the word "rights" after the word "pro-abortion". Done that way they become what we call a phrase. "Pro-abortion rights". You got to look at all the words. When you ignore words you make silly objections.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That would explain why I put the word "rights" after the word "pro-abortion". Done that way they become what we call a phrase. "Pro-abortion rights". You got to look at all the words. When you ignore words you make silly objections.
    Didn't so much as ignore it as I did just read it wrong. That was my bad and I do apologize.

    But for anyone that does call pro-choicers "pro-abortion" read what I said!
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Didn't so much as ignore it as I did just read it wrong. That was my bad and I do apologize.

    But for anyone that does call pro-choicers "pro-abortion" read what I said!
    I apologize for being snippy. I am not used to babysitting and I am kinda stressed out. Every time the least peep comes out of the baby monitor I go running to check on her. This is like hard work...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbelt View Post
    You're the one who can't stay on topic. Now if you want to start your own poll, and confuse the issue even further, then be my guest. I'm sure Liberals and RINO's alike will love that.
    In other words, as is no surprise whatsoever, you have no intelligent response.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #48
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I apologize for being snippy. I am not used to babysitting and I am kinda stressed out. Every time the least peep comes out of the baby monitor I go running to check on her. This is like hard work...
    Aaaaah, my heart breaks for you!
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I apologize for being snippy. I am not used to babysitting and I am kinda stressed out. Every time the least peep comes out of the baby monitor I go running to check on her. This is like hard work...
    Hehe I feel for ya. I babysit my neighbor's kids and though they're not babies I still come running when yelling starts, even when that yelling is fake (ie playing due to some game they're playing).
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    240

    Re: Pro-Life vs Anti-Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Are "Liberals" anti-life or pro-choice?
    It took starting my own thread to realize how obnoxious this kind of response really is. How about you just stay on topic?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •