View Poll Results: Poll on where you stand on abortion in relation to women

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • I favor forcing women to have children against her wishes.

    12 19.35%
  • I oppose forcing women to have children against her wishes.

    43 69.35%
  • IDK/Other

    7 11.29%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 219

Thread: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

  1. #71
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    The right of all women to decide what to do with their own bodies is not my personal preference. It's an aspect of human rights.
    Human rights are a matter of preference.

  2. #72
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Human rights are a matter of preference.
    I guess the preference of the government officials who decide who lives, who dies, who prospers, and who cries.

    But to my rational mind, the majority of people want and deserve their natural right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (as cliche as that might sound).

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    I'm curious about this point. Before the advent of modern medicine, pregnant women who were dying during childbirth often pleaded to their midwives to cut the baby out so it may have a shot at life. On the Titanic, women and children were valued more than men, and most will concur that protecting a child's life is more important than that of a grown adult. Finally, since those in the anti-abortion camp often argue that adoption should be encouraged among pregnant women facing the abortion decision, why would you take the stance of allowing the abortion to occur if the woman's life is in danger?

    I realize in the modern industrialized world, death by birth is rare, yet it still is an issue in the abortion debate. And if those who claim abortion is murder simply allow it to occur in the case of health dangers, then they are valuing the life of the mother over the life of a child. They are then willing to let "murder" occur on an "innocent child" to save the life of the mother despite the fact that they would rather abortion-prone women give custody of their children to another. It doesn't make sense morally, imho. Perhaps you could explain it. Because for those in the pro-choice movement, an aborted unwanted ZEF is less damaging than an unwanted born child becoming a ward of the state. It makes sense for us to choose the life of the mother over the life of the unborn, but it doesn't make sense for you to make that exception.

    Self Defense is Justifiable Homicide. Anytime anyone threatens your life, you have the right to use lethal force to stop them. This is also exactly why personal ownership if firearms should be protected. If a mentaly disabled man is trying to rape you because he honestly doesn't know better and has no control over himself, he is 'innocent' for all intents and purposes but because he's still a threat you can kill him. Same dif with the unborn. It's not their fault, but they can be killed anyway.

  4. #74
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Self Defense is Justifiable Homicide. Anytime anyone threatens your life, you have the right to use lethal force to stop them. This is also exactly why personal ownership if firearms should be protected. If a mentaly disabled man is trying to rape you because he honestly doesn't know better and has no control over himself, he is 'innocent' for all intents and purposes but because he's still a threat you can kill him. Same dif with the unborn. It's not their fault, but they can be killed anyway.
    If I'm on the Titanic and there's only one lifeboat left, I can defend my own life by pushing aside a 7-year-old boy so I can take his place, effectively protecting my own life in exchange for his. It may not be considered self defense in the sense that you see it, but in the life-or-death scenario of him or me, it is a viable option to consider. Also, in some jurisdictions, a killing by self-defense is subject to investigation and even possible criminal charges.

  5. #75
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    If I'm on the Titanic and there's only one lifeboat left, I can defend my own life by pushing aside a 7-year-old boy so I can take his place, effectively protecting my own life in exchange for his. It may not be considered self defense in the sense that you see it, but in the life-or-death scenario of him or me, it is a viable option to consider. Also, in some jurisdictions, a killing by self-defense is subject to investigation and even possible criminal charges.
    sad. respect for EG = Down significantly.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    If I'm on the Titanic and there's only one lifeboat left, I can defend my own life by pushing aside a 7-year-old boy so I can take his place, effectively protecting my own life in exchange for his. It may not be considered self defense in the sense that you see it, but in the life-or-death scenario of him or me, it is a viable option to consider. Also, in some jurisdictions, a killing by self-defense is subject to investigation and even possible criminal charges.
    Anytime you kill anyone it's subject to an investigation.

  7. #77
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Anytime you kill anyone it's subject to an investigation.
    Right, and that is one of the major concerns I have with those who wish to outlaw abortion. Women would be subjected to investigation for miscarriages as well as having an abortion based on necessity.

  8. #78
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    sad. respect for EG = Down significantly.
    I don't get it.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    Right, and that is one of the major concerns I have with those who wish to outlaw abortion. Women would be subjected to investigation for miscarriages as well as having an abortion based on necessity.
    Yup.

    1234567890
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-06-12 at 02:21 PM.

  10. #80
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yup.

    1234567890
    And that's OK with you?

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •