View Poll Results: Poll on where you stand on abortion in relation to women

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • I favor forcing women to have children against her wishes.

    12 19.35%
  • I oppose forcing women to have children against her wishes.

    43 69.35%
  • IDK/Other

    7 11.29%
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 219

Thread: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

  1. #201
    User JackTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Option 2. I'm Pro-Choice.
    Hi. I'm Carl. I'm 15. I'm a Conservative-leaning Libertarian supporting Ron Paul for President. And I like music.

  2. #202
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
    Option 2. I'm Pro-Choice.
    Me too. Now, if only we could persuade Ron Paul.

  3. #203
    User JackTheRipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    6

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    Me too. Now, if only we could persuade Ron Paul.
    This, lol.

    However, he was an OBGYN, so I do respect his opinion more than I respect the opinion of any old pro-lifer.
    Hi. I'm Carl. I'm 15. I'm a Conservative-leaning Libertarian supporting Ron Paul for President. And I like music.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I vote in favor of being tired of hearing about abortions. There are so many more important issues facing our nation.
    I have more trouble with the options listed.

    I prefer we find ways to make abortion unneeded. No law, just win the debate and prevent unwanted pregnacies.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #205
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,560

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have more trouble with the options listed.

    I prefer we find ways to make abortion unneeded. No law, just win the debate and prevent unwanted pregnacies.
    I posted a thread today that shows what teens are doing to reduce pregnancies and potential abortions...but it's been turned into a religious/anti-religious screaming match. BTW, it's called "Where's The Praise" under the Abortion section. The OP pretty much tells you what's going on...give it a shot.

  6. #206
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    This why most of the calmer pro-choice folk...never enter the debate. Honestly, it has come to the point that the first time Murder, Zygote, God. or Fetus is typed...it is no longer worth the time.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    I can't, because you haven't fully addressed the issue. Obviously, you wish to stop abortions. And I would assume you wish to stop as many abortions as possible, even illegal ones. Therefore, you HAVE to confront the fact that the majority of miscarriages take place outside a hospital...
    Miscarriage =/= abortion. One is spontaneous, the other is induced. There is always a medical reason for a spontaneous miscarriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    THEREFORE, what is your solution to the matter of private in-home abortions done under the guise of a spontaneous miscarriage?
    As I said, twice now, the solution is to improve their personal financial status; which does not mean how much money they have, but how they manage it. Personal finance can be given in an age appropriate format in all grades.

    Women will do and/or sacrifice absolutely anything for the feeling of security. By empowering them economically they will feel more secure and turn away from abortion.

  8. #208
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElijahGalt View Post
    If you're a member of PETA, sure. But I don't see a carnivorous act of nature to be murder. And distinctions between murder and killing matter in this debate.
    I find PETA's work to be low class, superficial and ultimately counter-productive.


    Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?-m-m-jpg


    ps. "A carnivorous act of nature"? haha

  9. #209
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I find PETA's work to be low class, superficial and ultimately counter-productive.


    Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?-m-m-jpg


    ps. "A carnivorous act of nature"? haha
    Wouldn't you agree that killing an animal for food is a carnivorous act of nature?

  10. #210
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where you stand on abortion in relation to women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Miscarriage =/= abortion. One is spontaneous, the other is induced. There is always a medical reason for a spontaneous miscarriage.
    You keep dodging the issue. A self-induced miscarriage is an abortion. And as I said, most miscarriages before 10 weeks don't even require medical attention. Do you see the loophole? Women who wish to avoid criminal punishment (and I imagine an abortion ban will entail criminal penalties for the woman, despite what you support) or who can't find the abortion doctor or who can't afford to pay black market price for the procedure will try to induce themselves. There are a number of reasons a pregnant ve woman might induce herself and then cover up her tracks by claiming it was a miscarriage. Obviously, you have no solution to confronting this scenario. But keep in mind that Roe v. Wade was passed largely because of deaths related to self-induced abortions. And many conservatives fought tooth and nail, because obviously they cared more about the ZEF than they did the pregnant woman.



    As I said, twice now, the solution is to improve their personal financial status; which does not mean how much money they have, but how they manage it. Personal finance can be given in an age appropriate format in all grades.
    I don't see how that would help, other than hinting at the fact that more money = more accessibility to black market doctors. Women don't always have an abortion because they can't afford it. Many do. But many also do it because they feel they're not mature enough to have the baby or maybe they're too old to have the baby (or a range of many other factors).

    Women will do and/or sacrifice absolutely anything for the feeling of security. By empowering them economically they will feel more secure and turn away from abortion.
    I disagree that you're actually confronting the issue at hand. You're almost going off on a tangent. If you wish to drive this point forward, you will need to be a hell of a lot more specific.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •