View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 97 of 195 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #961
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    are you unaware of the fact that the income tax structure is a main reason why we have a deficit?

  2. #962
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why does the class warrior in chief constantly spew stuff out his ass claiming the "rich don't pay their fair share"

    and you seem to think all the rich and all the corporations are GOP leaning. complete crap
    As a matter of fact, the largest bank in America Golman Sachs paid almost nothing as well as General Electric and both contribute enormous sums of money exclusively to Democrat candidates.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #963
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    As a matter of fact, the largest bank in America Golman Sachs paid almost nothing as well as General Electric and both contribute enormous sums of money exclusively to Democrat candidates.

    If all the rich and if all the fortune 500 companies only contributed to the GOP the howling these far lefties engage in might has some small iota of merit

  4. #964
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    are you unaware of the fact that the income tax structure is a main reason why we have a deficit?
    It is true the regressive tax changes and excessive military spending and optional wars over the last 30 years of is responsible for most of our debt.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #965
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No what is psychobabble is your idiotic attempts to use those words to justify the government-through force-seizing the property of the productive to give it to the unproductive, the lazy and the untalented
    Really, I mearly quoted what was said "WE THE PEOPLE"
    Which you called psycobabble not I.

    If you think it was my idiotic attempt to use these words for my benifit alone.
    Then, sir, suppose you tell me and the posters what it does mean this "WE THE PEOPLE" what does it mean to you, sir??
    Last edited by presluc; 02-12-12 at 07:19 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  6. #966
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It is true the regressive tax changes and excessive military spending and optional wars over the last 30 years of is responsible for most of our debt.
    only spending

    and much of that spending is because those who demand it aren't taxed to pay for it

  7. #967
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Really, I mearly qoted what was said "WE THE PEOPLE"
    Which you called psycobabble not I.

    If you think it was my idiotic attempt to use these words for my benifit alone.
    Then, sir, suppose you tell me and the posters what it does mean this "WE THE PEOPLE" what does it mean to you, sir??
    your opinions I call psychobabble along with your claims that "we the people"=a justification for income redistribution

  8. #968
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah and others get on my ass for claiming ENVY AND SPITE motivates lots of the bash the rich idiocy I see on this board.

    Not only are your posts oozing mendacity, they are just plain stupid.
    Sir, I do not understand your post nor your logic.

    You tell me not to envy the rich.
    My response I ENVY NO PERSON I AM HAPPY BEING WHO I AM
    Your response to that is you are not happy.
    You say the rich are being treated unfair
    My response I pity the poor rich
    Your response you call my post mendacity and just plain stupid

    You seem a bit lost, sir you ask for something but when you get it you are unhappy.
    You ask people to stop something but when you realize they never started you seem unhappy.
    You ask for truthful answers yet when you recieve them you are unhappy
    I must warn you I'm not a licensed therapist but if you need help just ask. lol,lol,lol
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  9. #969
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Sir, I do not understand your post nor your logic.

    You tell me not to envy the rich.
    My response I ENVY NO PERSON I AM HAPPY BEING WHO I AM
    Your response to that is you are not happy.
    You say the rich are being treated unfair
    My response I pity the poor rich
    Your response you call my post mendacity and just plain stupid

    You seem a bit lost, sir you ask for something but when you get it you are unhappy.
    You ask people to stop something but when you realize they never started you seem unhappy.
    You ask for truthful answers yet when you recieve them you are unhappy
    I must warn you I'm not a licensed therapist but if you need help just ask. lol,lol,lol
    More psychobabble. Nothing in the constitution, its preamble etc suggests that income redistribution is a proper function of the federal government. The only thing I am unhappy with is the amount of parasites who think they have a claim to the wealth of others

  10. #970
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Why should corporations pay taxes at all? They're not people and they don't vote. They're nothing but giant machines that turn money into (hopefully) more money. Only problem with corporations is that they're misappropriating shareholder funds to inappropriately involve themselves in the political process.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •