View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 88 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #871
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Oh Bull ****. If people were truly concerned about a "just" tax policy they would argue for no estate taxes, single taxation, and either a flat or consumption tax and tailor spending accordingly. The fact is that the wealthy are taxed more for no other reason than they have more. If you substituted the reasons for a different tax rate or took from an estate because of the color of skin, religion, or other factors you would be in violation of the equal protections clause of the fourteenth, so substitute rich for any other reason and you would be guilty of bias, the fact is that taxing someone based on an arbitrary amount of wealth you consider "enough" is in fact unjust.

    its all about buying the votes of the many by spending other peoples' money to do so

  2. #872
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Let's eliminate income tax completely and just tax capital gains! That's equitable - at least, it's as equitable as having a "use tax" or "Federal sales tax". And it doesn't change the current position of law, that capital gains should be taxed at a different rate than income. Problem solved!
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 02-11-12 at 11:04 PM.

  3. #873
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its all about buying the votes of the many by spending other peoples' money to do so
    I get tired of people who want to keep the current tax system in place. I don't think they get that the only people gaining from it are CPAs, class elite wealthy who want to stay elite, the IRS, and politicians.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #874
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Let's eliminate income tax completely and just tax capital gains! That's equitable - at least, it's as equitable as having a "use tax" or "Federal sales tax". And it doesn't change the current position of law, that capital gains should be taxed at a different rate than income. Problem solved!

    I have a better idea. lets tax people for what they use in government services-that's almost as realistic and far fairer

    then people like you will have a choice-if you want a government that provides everything you cannot do on your own you are going to be paying lots and lots of taxes. and for people like me who don't need a nanny state to wipe my butt and save for my retirement, I will have far more money to invest

  5. #875
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I get tired of people who want to keep the current tax system in place. I don't think they get that the only people gaining from it are CPAs, class elite wealthy who want to stay elite, the IRS, and politicians.

    tax lawyers, CPAs and insurance brokers/companies (for example Geico is owned by Buffett's BH) are the ones who lobby the most to keep the death tax

  6. #876
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    then people like you will have a choice-if you want a government that provides everything you cannot do on your own you are going to be paying lots and lots of taxes. and for people like me who don't need a nanny state to wipe my butt and save for my retirement, I will have far more money to invest
    No, I'm sure you hire an actual nanny to wipe your butt, the rest of us have to chip in collectively to afford it. LOL!
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 02-11-12 at 11:43 PM.

  7. #877
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    No, I'm sure you hire an actual nanny to wipe your butt, the rest of it have to chip in collectively to afford it. LOL!
    Being wrong seems to be a constant theme in your posts

  8. #878
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Being wrong seems to be a constant theme in your posts
    Nobody can be as perfect as you.

  9. #879
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,705

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Nobody can be as perfect as you.
    I don't want to be perfect. there was a man who was. he had a bad end. he was nailed on a cross after having the holy crap beat out of him then he got stuck with a spear. I saw the movie, it was brutal

  10. #880
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ... to be perfect. there was a man who was. he had a bad end. he was nailed on a cross after having the holy crap beat out of him then he got stuck with a spear. I saw the movie, it was brutal
    There actually are some things we can agree on! You'd better sell your stock in Hell, the weather just took a drastic change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •