View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 52 of 195 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #511
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is more like your party since those who aspire to be millionaires or at least successful on their own merit tend to vote our way
    Ah yes - the great Machiavellian right wing trick - fooling the average person into believing that if he just goes against his own self interests and roots and cheers for the rich guys ivy league team that he too someday will be able to eat the caviar, sip the chilled Dom and have his way with the upstairs French maid.

    Best trick since they sliced the lady in half and put her back together again...... all right before your eyes no less!!!!!
    Last edited by haymarket; 02-01-12 at 10:09 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #512
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    One cannot miss it when right wingers cannot argue why a wage earner should pay 60% more tax than somebody who gets the same money from Capital Gains so they do just like you did in that post.

    YOU PLAYED THE ENVY CARD.

    And you cannot miss it when you cannot argue against taxation in a civilized society so you respond with playing THE EMPTY LIBERTY CARD.

    Yup - they stand out like sore thumbs.
    You come here looking down on people who disagree with you, get proven wrong, and then accuse people of tricks. I don't think you even realize how WRONG you are in every aspect of this thread. Stillballin' is a liberal and he schooled you on the definition of income, I guess he played a card too huh.

    Face it, you are so far back in this debate(not a surprise) that there is no coming back. Not that you are going to stop being nasty but whatev......
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #513
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Ah yes - the great Machiavellian right wing trick - fooling the average person into believing that if he just goes against his own self interests and roots and cheers for the rich guys ivy league team that he too someday will be able to eat the caviar, sip the chilled Dom and have his way with the upstairs French maid.

    Best trick since they sliced the lady in half and put her back together again...... all right before your eyes no less!!!!!
    Most people will never be

    1) Phi beta Kappas at Harvard

    2) Rhodes scholars

    3) grand slam tennis winners

    4) sub four minute milers

    5) millionaires

    The dems win elections when they convince a bunch of people that all of those goals are out of reach and rather than put in the effort to try to achieve something that the odds are against them in, they should lie back and let the dems take care of them and for good measure-punish those who actually make it to the top

    The GOP wins elections when lots of people think the journey is worthy even if it doesn't lead to the ultimate destination

    and I would argue america would be much fitter if lots of people trained to run a four minute mile or win the US OPen in tennis and America would be smarter and better educated if more people aspired to be summa cum Laude at Cornell or Dartmouth or a Rhodes Scholar and America would have less debt if people worked hard and saved and invested

    your party wants to degrade America to win elections Haymarket

  4. #514
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You come here looking down on people who disagree with you, get proven wrong, and then accuse people of tricks. I don't think you even realize how WRONG you are in every aspect of this thread. Stillballin' is a liberal and he schooled you on the definition of income, I guess he played a card too huh.

    Face it, you are so far back in this debate(not a surprise) that there is no coming back. Not that you are going to stop being nasty but whatev......
    The "get proven wrong" part seems to be the bump in the road where your wheels come off, the car veers off the road, and you plunges 1,200 feet to the bottom of the debate mountain.

    People can give any definition they want. Their opinion is their opinion is their opinion. YOU should learn that lesson.

    And I am still waiting patiently for you to point out one thing I have said that is factually wrong that you can prove it with verifiable evidence - and that would include INCOME. But you have not and you will not and you cannot.

    So how about it --- got any real evidence to disprove me?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #515
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The "get proven wrong" part seems to be the bump in the road where your wheels come off, the car veers off the road, and you plunges 1,200 feet to the bottom of the debate mountain.

    People can give any definition they want. Their opinion is their opinion is their opinion. YOU should learn that lesson.

    And I am still waiting patiently for you to point out one thing I have said that is factually wrong that you can prove it with verifiable evidence - and that would include INCOME. But you have not and you will not and you cannot.

    So how about it --- got any real evidence to disprove me?
    easy, the moneys people get from gifts or inheritance have never been taxed as INCOME federally

  6. #516
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The "get proven wrong" part seems to be the bump in the road where your wheels come off, the car veers off the road, and you plunges 1,200 feet to the bottom of the debate mountain.

    People can give any definition they want. Their opinion is their opinion is their opinion. YOU should learn that lesson.
    From Dictionary.com:
    def·i·ni·tion
       [def-uh-nish-uhn] Show IPA

    noun
    1.
    the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
    2.
    the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, idiom, etc., as found in dictionaries. An online dictionary resource, such as Dictionary.com, can give users direct, immediate access to the definitions of a term, allowing them to compare definitions from various dictionaries and stay up to date with an ever-expanding vocabulary.

    3.
    the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined
    .

    4.
    Optics . sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.

    5.
    Radio and Television . the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.
    Hmmm. Don't seem to see anything about OPINION in there. Could it be you are going to the weak counter of "everyone has an opinion" because you are running out of ammo?
    And I am still waiting patiently for you to point out one thing I have said that is factually wrong that you can prove it with verifiable evidence - and that would include INCOME. But you have not and you will not and you cannot.
    Don't have to, it's been done throughout. Did you happen to miss it?
    So how about it --- got any real evidence to disprove me?
    It's all over the thread, guess you did miss it. Shucks.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #517
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    easy, the moneys people get from gifts or inheritance have never been taxed as INCOME federally
    How unfair of you to bring facts TD.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #518
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    How unfair of you to bring facts TD.
    LOL yeah I am a real bastard when it comes to that!

  9. #519
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    easy, the moneys people get from gifts or inheritance have never been taxed as INCOME federally
    Its amazing Turtle. In the past week you have turned into quite the statist. A legal definition of income - as you well know - is something written by legislators and can be changed or altered as seen fit.

    So your point is irrelevant in a discussion of the need for a rational public taxation policy.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #520
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its amazing Turtle. In the past week you have turned into quite the statist. A legal definition of income - as you well know - is something written by legislators and can be changed or altered as seen fit.

    So your point is irrelevant in a discussion of the need for a rational public taxation policy.
    the only consistency in your posts is a desire for the rich to be taxed more-a lot more.

    a rational tax policy would prevent politicians from using the tax code to pander to voters or to punish those who vote against them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •