View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 41 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #401
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Pretty much. For all the lip service Buffet and Gates give to the pro tax side those two are so sheltered from paying any sum that would hurt them fiscally, they will trade off a few mil. here or there and then kick a little to charity while hiding behind cap gains and telling everyone else they feel guilty about paying "too low a rate". All the while they say this they are politically protected from exactly what they advocate because they have enough money and influence to pretty much buy whatever outcomes they want.


    Ever heard the story about the Kennedy trust and FIJI?

  2. #402
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,930

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    10,000 fleas all agree that the dog should not wear a flea collar. The dog and his owner disagree
    Your utter contempt for the American people by comparing them to fleas on a dog is duly noted.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #403
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Pretty much. For all the lip service Buffet and Gates give to the pro tax side those two are so sheltered from paying any sum that would hurt them fiscally, they will trade off a few mil. here or there and then kick a little to charity while hiding behind cap gains and telling everyone else they feel guilty about paying "too low a rate". All the while they say this they are politically protected from exactly what they advocate because they have enough money and influence to pretty much buy whatever outcomes they want.
    You're right. To erase their advantages, we'd also need to do away with Irrevocable Trusts, as well.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  4. #404
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    FALSE.

    Go back and read my post from this morning where I provided poll after poll describing how the public felt about taxing the wealthy. It is called providing EVIDENCE to build a CASE.
    as I noted, most fleas vote against the dog wearing a flea collar.

    I couldn't give a damn that people think OTHERS should pay more taxes. I am not running for office and I note that is a damn good reason why everyone should pay the same tax rate or better yet a consumption tax so dem pimps cannot pander to the average, the below average and the mediocre to buy their votes so as to take more from the best and the brightest

  5. #405
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    You're right. To erase their advantages, we'd also need to do away with Irrevocable Trusts, as well.

    I would suggest getting rid of a tax code that allows pandering to the baser instincts

  6. #406
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,930

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, most fleas vote against the dog wearing a flea collar.

    I couldn't give a damn that people think OTHERS should pay more taxes. I am not running for office and I note that is a damn good reason why everyone should pay the same tax rate or better yet a consumption tax so dem pimps cannot pander to the average, the below average and the mediocre to buy their votes so as to take more from the best and the brightest
    And as I noted, your utter elitist contempt for your fellow American citizens by comparing them to fleas upon a dog is duly noted.

    So how many times is this now where you basically urinate all over those who simply disagree with you by calling them silly names?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,930

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I would suggest getting rid of a tax code that allows pandering to the baser instincts
    Translation - somebody do something to shut the American people up please before they take away my preferences and privilieges.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #408
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    It is my belief that the ultra rich are useless individuals who are more parasitic than any poor person could ever be. Those people shouldn't be allowed to exist in their current state of uselessness. Simply accumulating money/resources while being idle is unnatural.
    some are, some aren't. Even though I'm not an Apple fan I very much respect what Steve Jobs accomplished from a tech standpoint, life is a little easier for many working folks because of his vision. Even though I prefer the Windows interface Bill Gates is an "also ran" who happened to market his product correctly, tied into IBM at the right time, and hit big. Think of the Steinbrenner family as well, George was a huge philantropist and it was infectious within the Yankee organization. The uber wealthy Steinbrenner family has created many millionaires in it's existance as the principle owners of the team, Hank and Hal have been working beside their father for years and are committed to his vision, and they were literally a year short of losing the team due to the tax rate of 2011 versus The Boss's passing in 2010.

    I just don't think we stop wealth accumulation correctly when we use a catch all such as taxation. If the accumulation is unethical then pass laws against it but don't use multiple taxation. I am not a fan of taxing accumulated and taxed money on the basis that the deceased is no longer in possession.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #409
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Ever heard the story about the Kennedy trust and FIJI?
    Can't say I have. I do know that the Kennedy family was expert at monetary preservation.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #410
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And as I noted, your utter elitist contempt for your fellow American citizens by comparing them to fleas upon a dog is duly noted.

    So how many times is this now where you basically urinate all over those who simply disagree with you by calling them silly names?
    I don't have utter contempt for most people, just the pimp politicians who try to convince these people to blame their troubles on the rich and vote for those pimps so the pimps will punish the wealthy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •