View Poll Results: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • There should be no inheritance tax of any amount of money or assets.

    84 54.90%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 35%.

    21 13.73%
  • The first 5 million dollars should be exempt. After that the tax rate should be 50%.

    12 7.84%
  • The first 1 million should be exempt. After that the rate should be 50%.

    19 12.42%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 35% from the get-go.

    9 5.88%
  • No exempt amount. Tax at 50% from the get-go.

    1 0.65%
  • Abolish all inheritance. In other words, tax 100%.

    7 4.58%
Page 187 of 195 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1947

Thread: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

  1. #1861
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Forget about the source - so you disagree with the statistics? Do you have others to present to counter them?

    Yeah its an opinion piece that is based on the attitude that the government needs more money (to waste) and not parasitizing the rich enough will prevent the malignancy known as the federal government from wasting more and more money. That is an agenda that sane people oppose

  2. #1862
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your usual response when you can't disprove any of the facts presented.


    You are often confused on this issue. The problem with the bovine excrement propaganda you cite is not the facts. Its rather the agenda. The BE claims that cutting the looter tax of the wealthy "costs" the government money.

    I say while "costing" is a bit specious I couldn't care less. Indeed, that is a good reason to abolish the death tax-to deprive a parasitic government of the wealth of people it already loots too much

  3. #1863
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I rest my case.
    As a trial attorney, I would call that a dismissal with prejudice

  4. #1864
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba
    Your usual response when you can't disprove any of the facts presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You are often confused on this issue. The problem with the bovine excrement propaganda you cite is not the facts. Its rather the agenda. The BE claims that cutting the looter tax of the wealthy "costs" the government money.

    I say while "costing" is a bit specious I couldn't care less. Indeed, that is a good reason to abolish the death tax-to deprive a parasitic government of the wealth of people it already loots too much

    Your usual response when you can't disprove any of the facts presented.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #1865
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your usual response when you can't disprove any of the facts presented.

    You don't understand the disagreement. I couldn't care less if cutting the death tax cuts the amount of money the government gets. There is no dispute of facts

    what I reject is the BELIEF, OPINION< feeling, Dream, desire, Hope that the government get more money

  6. #1866
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    By all means, present the actual language which supports this allegation. Allow me to assist you

    Frequently Asked Questions on Estate Taxes

    and



    and now, two birds with one stone - both Henrin and Turtle and the transfer of an estate independent of death

    from the wikipedia entry on that very topic



    So we know two things there
    1- the estate tax is imposed on the transfer of the estate
    2- should one want to transfer the estate before death occurs, that can be done independent of death and still pay a tax on that transfer

    from that propaganda piece Catawba cited crying that the current estate tax rates COSTS the government money (which is a laugh-it assumes that higher rates are proper which of course has no factual support)

    In reality, bequests are not subject to the income tax; the entire estate is subject to the estate tax, after which each heir receives his or her share of the estate without paying further taxes on it.

  7. #1867
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,590

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your usual response when you can't disprove any of the facts presented.


    Your bovine excrement laden citation assumes

    1) the death tax is proper

    2) only the rich should pay it

    3) the government NEEDS the money and the rates that soak the rich the most are both proper and necessary

    4) because only a couple percent of people are parasitized by this tax that makes it fair

    5) anything but the highest rates COSTS the government money

    all of those are value assumptions that are not provable as Factual

    anything less than 100% tax on all estates COSTS the government money using the logic of those disgusting scumbags at that site.

  8. #1868
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    I don't know what all the clatter is about. Most all people with sizable estates also have a little thing called a TRUST(S).

    A trust can do a number of things a will can't do as well, including:

    1) Manage assets efficiently if you should die and your beneficiaries are minor children or others not up to
    the responsibility of handling the estate;

    2) Protect your privacy (unlike a will, a trust is confidential);

    3) Depending on how it is written, and on state law, a trust can protect your assets by reducing taxes;

    4) If it is a living trust, the trustee can manage property for you while you're alive, providing a way to care
    for you if you should become disabled. A living trust also avoids probate, lowers estate administration
    costs, and speeds transfer of your assets to beneficiaries after your death.

    So the question might be:

    Should you have a trust? It depends on the size of your estate and the purpose of the trust.

    For example, if you mainly want a living trust to protect assets from taxes and probate, but your estate is under the current federal tax floor and small enough to qualify for quick and inexpensive probate in your state, some lawyers would tell you it isn't worth the cost.

    If, however, you want to avoid a court hearing if you become incompetent or unable to provide for yourself or you want to provide for grandchildren, minor children, or relatives with a disability that makes it difficult for them to manage money, a trust has many advantages.

    There's a lot of reasons that people have trusts drawn...to many to list.

    Sorry, but this topic is almost a moot issue. People with buckitos...are crazy not to have trusts set up. Most do. If they don't...then maybe the government deserves to get it. Usually complicated estates wind up very closely managed thanks to trust. People that are capable of creating wealth...sustaining wealth are going to have trusts.

  9. #1869
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I couldn't care less if cutting the death tax cuts the amount of money the government gets. There is no dispute of facts

    I know this, I just like making you say it openly.

    Gets to the heart of the issue for you and so its much more honest than your crass disparagement of the working class in every post.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #1870
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: which best describes your view of the inheritance tax?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah its an opinion piece that is based on the attitude that the government needs more money (to waste) and not parasitizing the rich enough will prevent the malignancy known as the federal government from wasting more and more money. That is an agenda that sane people oppose
    The statistics analyzing the changes in the law state that less than one percent of people are now paying the federal estate tax.

    So now anyone who disagrees with your position is no sane. Truly amazing. The ad hominem attacks continue unabated while the actual evidence goes ignored and unrefuted.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •